Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Old 04-28-2011, 02:58 PM
  #2686  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,534
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

I dont know how cheap, but mike wants to sell his (my old mi3 with exotic chassis) call FW.
skypilot is offline  
Old 04-28-2011, 03:00 PM
  #2687  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (25)
 
loriding69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tacoma
Posts: 3,440
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Thanks
loriding69 is offline  
Old 04-29-2011, 06:33 AM
  #2688  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (25)
 
loriding69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tacoma
Posts: 3,440
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
I dont know how cheap, but mike wants to sell his (my old mi3 with exotic chassis) call FW.
I wanted cheap. At his price, i can add another 100 or so and get a new MI4 just about......LOL
loriding69 is offline  
Old 04-29-2011, 07:44 AM
  #2689  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,534
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Wasn't that price that for a complete rtr car.

I have a lp with a SP 21.5 for 200.00 but I think your looking for cheaper. sold

Btw, found a couple of used mi3 chassis bottom plates if you want them

Last edited by skypilot; 04-29-2011 at 09:42 PM. Reason: sold
skypilot is offline  
Old 04-29-2011, 10:04 PM
  #2690  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (25)
 
loriding69's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Tacoma
Posts: 3,440
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
Wasn't that price that for a complete rtr car.

I have a lp with a SP 21.5 for 200.00 but I think your looking for cheaper. sold

Btw, found a couple of used mi3 chassis bottom plates if you want them
Thanks for the hook up. I can always count on you to come thru.
loriding69 is offline  
Old 05-01-2011, 08:01 PM
  #2691  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,534
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

ran the "martin" steering servo setup today, awesome feel. I ran two cars back to back to back all day, my xray, very planted, very stable, very smooth, very fast, my Mi4cx, very on edge, very precise, goes where your thinking you want it, tighter cornering, more corner speed. very happy. I now have a choice of cars depending on traction and conditions, best of both worlds.
skypilot is offline  
Old 05-02-2011, 03:51 AM
  #2692  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
Benzaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,030
Trader Rating: 24 (96%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
ran the "martin" steering servo setup today, awesome feel. I ran two cars back to back to back all day, my xray, very planted, very stable, very smooth, very fast, my Mi4cx, very on edge, very precise, goes where your thinking you want it, tighter cornering, more corner speed. very happy. I now have a choice of cars depending on traction and conditions, best of both worlds.
Set up sheet please
Benzaah is offline  
Old 05-02-2011, 07:25 AM
  #2693  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 541
Default

Originally Posted by Benzaah View Post
Set up sheet please
+1, ritchie, did you have to change it very much?

Rich
gdcopbdcop is offline  
Old 05-02-2011, 10:45 AM
  #2694  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,534
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop View Post
+1, ritchie, did you have to change it very much?

Rich
Rich, same setup as when you returned it. only the servo mounting change.
skypilot is offline  
Old 05-02-2011, 11:01 AM
  #2695  
OVA
Tech Champion
iTrader: (84)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 9,700
Trader Rating: 84 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
ran the "martin" steering servo setup today, awesome feel. I ran two cars back to back to back all day, my xray, very planted, very stable, very smooth, very fast, my Mi4cx, very on edge, very precise, goes where your thinking you want it, tighter cornering, more corner speed. very happy. I now have a choice of cars depending on traction and conditions, best of both worlds.
Yep both of your car was looking pretty good ritchie..good job...
OVA is offline  
Old 05-02-2011, 11:30 AM
  #2696  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Racer X's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 477
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Thanks to GoodCop's urging and Skypilot loaning his CX to GoodCop, I'm back! Got my car on Friday and will be heading to the track next weekend. So much for racing retirement...

but I STILL hate ramping ESC's!
Racer X is offline  
Old 05-02-2011, 02:18 PM
  #2697  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (44)
 
6Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 523
Trader Rating: 44 (98%+)
Default

Ran a search but couldn't find anything.

I noticed a groove in all of the arms (front and rear) that appears to be caused by the wheels. I guess they are compressing under load but it looks like someone took a dremel and started cutting the arms. If this keeps up, they're going to snap. I also imagine it's really slowing down corner speed.

Has anyone run into this? Why is this happening and what's a fix? I run on asphalt with medium flex arms, neg 2 camber all around, RP36's or CS27's for rubber.

Thanks for the help!
6Venom is offline  
Old 05-02-2011, 03:02 PM
  #2698  
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Originally Posted by 6Venom View Post
Ran a search but couldn't find anything.

I noticed a groove in all of the arms (front and rear) that appears to be caused by the wheels. I guess they are compressing under load but it looks like someone took a dremel and started cutting the arms. If this keeps up, they're going to snap. I also imagine it's really slowing down corner speed.

Has anyone run into this? Why is this happening and what's a fix? I run on asphalt with medium flex arms, neg 2 camber all around, RP36's or CS27's for rubber.

Thanks for the help!
Never heard of this, and we have a number of Mi4's at our club.

Can you supply a photo or two please
NiMo is offline  
Old 05-02-2011, 04:19 PM
  #2699  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (44)
 
6Venom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 523
Trader Rating: 44 (98%+)
Default

Originally Posted by NiMo View Post
Never heard of this, and we have a number of Mi4's at our club.

Can you supply a photo or two please
Here are a couple of the rear. You can see the cut into both the front and rear side of the arm. The fronts have the same cut but only on the front side. Thanks again.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Mi4-rear1.jpeg   Schumacher Mi4-rear2.jpg  
6Venom is offline  
Old 05-02-2011, 05:32 PM
  #2700  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (114)
 
GSM Storm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,358
Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)
Default Arm marks

Originally Posted by 6Venom View Post
Here are a couple of the rear. You can see the cut into both the front and rear side of the arm. The fronts have the same cut but only on the front side. Thanks again.
We used to get the mark on the front side of the rear arms running stock, with a soft setup, not getting now with mod, heaver oil now, you could try raising the inside of the arms, as you are running the alloy hinge pin blocks.

Regards
Gary
GSM Storm is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.