Like Tree1Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Reply

Old 03-21-2011, 02:30 PM
  #2581  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 18
Default

Hi Rc community.
I´m going since January, the Schumacher MI4CX and am very happy with him.
The car went very well from the start.The weight balance is great.
I have a question!
When I look at the setup sheets from the manual. Take the driver not the original Schumacher springs.
Does this have a reason?
What type springs can zoom-her... If the HPI well ?
What is your exerience with respect to the springs?

Greetings Stefan
stefan Köhler is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2011, 02:45 PM
  #2582  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
lochness42's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: London, UK
Posts: 824
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Hi Stefan,
truth behind springs is - HPI springs have different feeling during compression (and seem to be preferred on asphalt on many cars not only Schumacher).

Other reason is that Schumacher released long time ago their own range of springs as complement to Associated springs that were available at time.
So now you don't have range of springs from Schumacher to fine tune spring rates. So if you've got whole range of different manufacturer you can adjust your shocks a bit better.

Anyway I was able to race with Schuey springs only without any issues.
lochness42 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 07:57 PM
  #2583  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,512
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I saw this listed on racing-cars.com, under the speed secret option parts section:

G869 Spec-R Gear Set Out of Stock £4.99 (£5.99)

G870 Gear Diff Screw Set (10pcs) Out of Stock £1.66 (£1.99)

G871 Gear Diff. Gasket Set (V.11) Out of Stock £3.33 (£4.00)

G868 Gear Differential by Spec R - Mi4 Out of Stock £26.66 (£31.99)



I wonder if they'll be for the Mi4/LP, or the CX?

-Mike
grippgoat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2011, 08:27 PM
  #2584  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,527
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

any shouie guys going to be at carpet nats?
skypilot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2011, 04:47 AM
  #2585  
Tech Initiate
 
G-kenny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 44
Default

Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
I saw this listed on racing-cars.com, under the speed secret option parts section:

G869 Spec-R Gear Set Out of Stock £4.99 (£5.99)

G870 Gear Diff Screw Set (10pcs) Out of Stock £1.66 (£1.99)

G871 Gear Diff. Gasket Set (V.11) Out of Stock £3.33 (£4.00)

G868 Gear Differential by Spec R - Mi4 Out of Stock £26.66 (£31.99)



I wonder if they'll be for the Mi4/LP, or the CX?

-Mike
I think they will be for the CX and will come with the delrin cup outdrives, although if you file A little off the blades the original driveshafts will fit in there.
G-kenny is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 10:44 PM
  #2586  
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 256
Default

try agin

good start setup for carpet
and one good start setup for asphalt

Thanks
Zooberg is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 06:39 PM
  #2587  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 538
Default

skypilot took the t/q and finished 2nd in the 21.5 non-ramping class at the roar carpet nats this weekend, with his MI-4CX. Good job!!!!
gdcopbdcop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 06:02 AM
  #2588  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,527
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Thanks Rich, basically ran Martin's setup from a few pages back with the exception of less rear toe and kit springs. The LP after two days of practice was 14.9 LP went 14.5 first time on the track. I never touched setup until the A3 but it was to little to late. Juan is my master and I am his Bit-h
skypilot is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 01:01 AM
  #2589  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,512
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
Thanks Rich, basically ran Martin's setup from a few pages back with the exception of less rear toe and kit springs. The LP after two days of practice was 14.9 LP went 14.5 first time on the track. I never touched setup until the A3 but it was to little to late. Juan is my master and I am his Bit-h
I watched Jake's vid. If your car was slower, it wasn't by much. He looked like he was a bit more economical with the track, tightening up the corners just that little bit more, going straighter through the wiggles, etc. You both were TIGHT on the boards. I'm really lucky that my local competition at the Hangar includes drivers of such high caliber as yourself and so many others that represented at Nats.

You still thinkin' about selling that car? Just got my tax return today.

I ordered a bunch of stuff from Schumie UK last week. VISA put on a block on my card because of it, and I had to paypal them. :/ But my LP is gonna get the updated CX drivetrain parts, and I picked up a few other tuning bits that I hadn't brought myself to pay AMain prices for.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:05 AM
  #2590  
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Jun 2002
Posts: 538
Default

Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
I watched Jake's vid. If your car was slower, it wasn't by much. He looked like he was a bit more economical with the track, tightening up the corners just that little bit more, going straighter through the wiggles, etc. You both were TIGHT on the boards. I'm really lucky that my local competition at the Hangar includes drivers of such high caliber as yourself and so many others that represented at Nats.

You still thinkin' about selling that car? Just got my tax return today.

I ordered a bunch of stuff from Schumie UK last week. VISA put on a block on my card because of it, and I had to paypal them. :/ But my LP is gonna get the updated CX drivetrain parts, and I picked up a few other tuning bits that I hadn't brought myself to pay AMain prices for.

-Mike

can i update my lp by putting on the cx parts? will it be the same, or will i have to buy a new cx?
gdcopbdcop is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 08:12 AM
  #2591  
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Well after 30 rounds of our Outdoor Winter Series (with best 20 to count) I managed to come in 3rd overal and 2nd in F2 in the main TC3 - 2s 13.5 class with my (old) Mi4LP

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...id=45466194840
NiMo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 10:24 AM
  #2592  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,512
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by gdcopbdcop View Post
can i update my lp by putting on the cx parts? will it be the same, or will i have to buy a new cx?
I got the spool, diff, and axles. The bulkheads will not fit properly because they use an extra screw. I think the diff holders and eccentrics will also fit, but I didn't get them.

-Mike
grippgoat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:11 PM
  #2593  
Tech Master
iTrader: (11)
 
poochy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,458
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Thinking about buying a new mi4cx.

Any build issues?
what spares are essential?
thanks!
poochy is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 03:27 PM
  #2594  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (2)
 
Kurly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Chicago, Il
Posts: 258
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Mi4cx

None, dont hesitate to buy. This car is worth every penny. I got the normal parts, arms, belts, and extra gears for stock and mod. This car was very easy to put together and the quality of the Schumacher brand is second to none. They really spent there time with what works on there sedan.
Kurly is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:36 PM
  #2595  
Tech Master
iTrader: (70)
 
Brokin Racing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Sydney Australia
Posts: 1,302
Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Kurly View Post
None, dont hesitate to buy. This car is worth every penny. I got the normal parts, arms, belts, and extra gears for stock and mod. This car was very easy to put together and the quality of the Schumacher brand is second to none. They really spent there time with what works on there sedan.
+ 1

Very good car, excellent quality, almost as good as Xray

I also got the big bore shocks though this somewhat limits your spring options
Brokin Racing is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service