Search
Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2010, 02:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barger
So ...anyone heard when the new car is to be released?
last I heard Australian release has been put back to end of november, Schumacher forum says it could be even further away, waiting on quality control of new parts
Old 11-21-2010, 05:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Anyone advise on how to keep the rear end stable of power.

my car seems to become unstable on the rear off power racing on carpet in the uk.

running 45 wt all round, 2 deg camber all round. hara black springs on rear and hara red up front which are super hard.

anyone help with what changes mite cure this ?
Old 11-21-2010, 02:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

how much rear droop do you have? Probably start by reducing it to around 1.5-2mm and seeing how that goes first.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Finch wxm
Anyone advise on how to keep the rear end stable of power.

my car seems to become unstable on the rear off power racing on carpet in the uk.

running 45 wt all round, 2 deg camber all round. hara black springs on rear and hara red up front which are super hard.

anyone help with what changes mite cure this ?
Going with a little lighter weight oil in the back and some heavier stuff in the front would make the car a little more balanced on and off power. Droop/downstop settings could also help, but I don't know how you're setting your droop, so I usually run 6 front, 5 rear or 5 front, 4 rear on the Hudy downstop gauges.

Also, is the rear end only unstable once you start cornering? Or does it start when under braking?
Old 11-22-2010, 11:06 AM
Tech Apprentice

it just seems to be off power cornering.

I was thinking of possibly going slightly harder on the front oil and see what happens.

think i'm still on 5 & 4 on the droop and i just use the schumacher blocks to measure it.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:31 AM
Tech Initiate

Default traction rolling

Good Day!

I have had my Mi4 for about 2 weeks now. Two weeks ago the car was pretty good (missed TQ by 1 second).

This past weekend, the car would flip right off the track under any hard or fast corners. I haven't changed anything between races.

The car flips off the track both directions.

I have tried:

New tires
Gluing the sidewall of the front tires
Less camber (front and rear)
more camber (front and rear)
more rear toe
less rear toe
toe out in the front
toe in in the front
Harder springs in the front
softer springs in the rear
harder springs in the rear
Angling the shocks in and out on the shock tower (front and rear alternately and together)

If I drive it at 80 to 90%, it goes around the track quite well. It is fasst and doesn't have any strange tendencies (maybe it is slightly loose)

Anybody have any ideas?

What is recomended for spring rate and shock oil?

Thanks,

Rob
Old 11-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Tech Master

Try going from the kit 3mm spacers to 4mm spacers on the akermann
Will turm better for less steering lock
which could be your problem? front wheels hooking in corners off power then that sudden turning of the car on power?
(is a tip I got from Ben Cane, worked for me and Cairns)
Old 11-22-2010, 02:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Rob,

Sometimes at larger events with more traction I find that the car want to do that when turning into hairpins and sweeping corners. I don't think there's really a setup change that will help the car in the area that won't affect the car in the other parts of the track.

Usually, for me, I find just making sure i go into the problem corners a little smoother than usual (be more progressive with the steering, and roll on the throttle rather than blipping it), the car does really well around the whole track.

Are you running on carpet? If you are I could send you a setup base from my most recent event.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Danny-b23
Rob,

Sometimes at larger events with more traction I find that the car want to do that when turning into hairpins and sweeping corners. I don't think there's really a setup change that will help the car in the area that won't affect the car in the other parts of the track.

Usually, for me, I find just making sure i go into the problem corners a little smoother than usual (be more progressive with the steering, and roll on the throttle rather than blipping it), the car does really well around the whole track.

Are you running on carpet? If you are I could send you a setup base from my most recent event.
He's running on a high traction carpet at the Gate and at the champs this week,I know because I was stationed at the sweeper with a catchers mit this weekend lol.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Tread1
He's running on a high traction carpet at the Gate and at the champs this week,I know because I was stationed at the sweeper with a catchers mit this weekend lol.
Should have been stationed on the driver's stand with the rest of us.
Old 11-23-2010, 03:03 AM
CA
Tech Apprentice

Take a look at my high grip set up in Tech Info from our last race, was very good, worth trying.
Old 11-23-2010, 09:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

front roll center change along with hinge pin spacing. inner toe in
Old 11-23-2010, 09:39 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Finch wxm
it just seems to be off power cornering.

I was thinking of possibly going slightly harder on the front oil and see what happens.

think i'm still on 5 & 4 on the droop and i just use the schumacher blocks to measure it.
For high-very high grip i need to run 5 & 5 droop to keep turn in and out balanced. Make sure you don't have any form of drag brake on the speedo. I also remove the rear roll bar if its a very tight track and i need to use lots of steering lock..
Old 11-24-2010, 10:43 PM
Tech Adept

Default cx drivershafts

anyone out there have any experience with the new cx driveshafts?
Old 11-25-2010, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

Yes, they seem good, as posted by myself and Chris a couple of pages back. I've run both steel (kit) and alloy versions.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.