R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Like Tree1Likes

Old 10-06-2010, 12:13 PM   #2221
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post
What more support do you want? One can order parts just fine from AMain, Stormer or Schumie UK....

Do you want team driver support? I have never found that helpful, unless of course one happens to have a team driver at their track. Even so, I do not like to rely on them interpreting what I think is happening to my car. I would rather dial the car in myself.

From the limited rumors, I believe the CX will just be slight updates that can transfer to the Mi4 or Mi4LP.
EXACTLY!!
No sponsored driver(s) presence at a Natl. or Intl. event is very disheartening. Especially looking around the pits and seeing Associated, Tamiya, XRay, and even TOP sponsored drivers helping regular club joes out with their cars. I was sponsored....2008 IIC was the last Intl. race I attended. Schuie had a decent presence at that race. And it was their last; after that no more SchumacherUSA (Shawn & Adam). Ritchie Reynolds AKA "skypilot" is a loner when he attends BIG races. He kicks ass at the club, regional and most recently national level. But when he goes to these races (Natl. & Intl.)and is the 'only' GO TO guy....this is sad; because frankly when he has issues, who can he GO TO? He's the only freakin' guy there....
I must say though that Chris Grainger's UK setups rarely works on our parking lot tracks here in the USA. TEAM SUPPORT is ALWAYS helpful. So I don't know where your line of thinking is coming from When Chris Goetz or Mike Haynes or Monte Hess and others were running this car... there was plenty of useful info for myself to draw upon. Chris Goetz is one of the most knowledgeable setup guys that I've ever had the op to pick the brains of.
But to each his own....and please believe me, I LOVE the Schumacher line of TC's. But I'm tired of being a loner.I still have my 2008 IIC Vegas MI3.5 car

- jb

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO

Last edited by JayBee; 10-06-2010 at 01:32 PM. Reason: spelling
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 12:15 PM   #2222
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 77 (100%+)

+1
Old 10-06-2010, 01:28 PM   #2223
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to rezenclowd3

Interesting....

On you mentioning setup sheets: I have never found others setup sheets useful, as the weight distribution is most likely quite different. On top of that, most likely using different tires at your club, or other event, so unsprung weight is different as well as slip angles, then of course add in the driver element: driving style.

I know many want the support you talk about, but I have never found it useful, as per my reasons in my previous post.

Last edited by rezenclowd3; 10-06-2010 at 01:54 PM.
rezenclowd3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 01:36 PM   #2224
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rezenclowd3 View Post
Interesting....

On you mention setup sheets: I have never found others setup sheets useful, as the weight distribution is most likely quite different. On top of that, most likely using different tires at your club, or other event, so unsprung weight is different as well as slip angles, then of course add in the driver element: driving style.

I know many want the support you talk about, but I have never found it useful, as per my reasons in my previous post.
Obviously....we agree on this one point

- jb

A E - 12R5.2 _ S M - REV8 PRO
JayBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 03:44 PM   #2225
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

all i know is when I was at the 2008 nats in Ark. my car wasn't working that good, I had some team guys come over and make a few suggestions, I was like, DUDE, Back the F off, I got this. well not really, just the opposite. being at a major race and sitting at the team Schmucher table, with a bunch of guys to ask questions of, and bounce ideas off of was the one the greatest experiences of my RC career, Marker, Andrew and rest of guys were a temedous help, and the best damn cheering section at the race, really motivates a guy to dig in a get r done. I ended up winning my class.

same with 2009 Reedy and 2009 IIC. great Team experience. 2010 Reedy sad showing of a 'team' I did manage to make the A thanks to the 3 of us that were there helping each other out. 2010 Nats, this is where I found out the importance of a 'Team' car had issues, I had issues, esc had issues and no where to look for help or advice. table full of Top guys over there, table full of xray guys, table of of hot bodies, table of AE guys. couldn't help but think, damn, wish i was driving one of those cars right about now. while i enjoy being a loner at club races, it sucks at a big race. thats my opinion and I'm sticking to it. oh sure I can get any part I want within 3 days shipping, but thats not SUPPORT. thats internet sales. dismantling Schumacher USA has got to be a major hit for Schumacher, the for sale thread and locally around the country saw guys dropping off like crazy. I bet theres probably 1/4 of guys in 2010 running the cars vs 2008 - 09
Old 10-06-2010, 04:35 PM   #2226
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Whether you are running a team drivers exact setup or not, the cars will respond to changes in the same way, so having the ability to ask someone, "how can I get rid of the exit push" and likely get the right answer vs trying 5 changes yourself is well worth it. Rarely will you also get a team setup that's "out to lunch" most are well balanced and just need some tweaks for you own style. I was always impressed with schui usa, and well...
Old 10-06-2010, 05:55 PM   #2227
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If its pushing on exit, take .5-1 millimeter of droop out of front. Team driver here, ask away
Tekin
KO Propo
jhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:11 PM   #2228
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

no steering geometry change?
superspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #2229
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

All cars are the same when it comes to setup. Its all about geometry and your driving style. The reason there arent many schumacher guys is becuase they are focusing on the Top guys for Schumacher. They care about us at the Team level also. I know alot of people that switched to Top racing because they are a good car. Actually all the cars are good. I love my Schuie and will stick with the Team through thick and thin no matter what. They have taken care of me and I will do the same back! Any questions on handling please ask away.
Tekin
KO Propo
jhock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2010, 06:28 PM   #2230
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhock View Post
All cars are the same when it comes to setup. Its all about geometry and your driving style. The reason there arent many schumacher guys is becuase they are focusing on the Top guys for Schumacher. They care about us at the Team level also. I know alot of people that switched to Top racing because they are a good car. Actually all the cars are good. I love my Schuie and will stick with the Team through thick and thin no matter what. They have taken care of me and I will do the same back! Any questions on handling please ask away.
The reason there is a small team that they are focusing on big guys? So the floods of guys that left the team, they did that just because Schumacher was focusing on bigger drivers (1 big driver actually; Chris Grainger) not because us american schumacher racers got hosed for what ever reason? Yup this makes a lot of sense.