Like Tree6Likes

Schumacher Mi4

Old 06-10-2010, 03:18 PM
  #1936  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (36)
 
abailey21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ATX
Posts: 5,342
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dusttt View Post
So I have a messed up story for you. About a month ago I ordered some parts direct from schumacher online with my debit card. Then last week someone is all over GB spending my money and it wasnt me. I never bought from GB before so just a coincidence?
I would say so dude, I used to to work for Schuie in the US and I know all the guys in the UK and they are nothing short of stand up guys.
abailey21 is offline  
Old 06-10-2010, 03:20 PM
  #1937  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 5,058
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Dusttt View Post
So I have a messed up story for you. About a month ago I ordered some parts direct from schumacher online with my debit card. Then last week someone is all over GB spending my money and it wasnt me. I never bought from GB before so just a coincidence?
That sounds funny. In the last two months I have had to close my debt card. Someone has been using it in mexico and canada. And I buy from Schumacher UK
SRW141 is offline  
Old 06-10-2010, 04:54 PM
  #1938  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (36)
 
abailey21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: ATX
Posts: 5,342
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SRW141 View Post
That sounds funny. In the last two months I have had to close my debt card. Someone has been using it in mexico and canada. And I buy from Schumacher UK
That was me, you never sent me your wife's cookies so i stole your numbers at Carpet Nats
abailey21 is offline  
Old 06-10-2010, 07:09 PM
  #1939  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 5,058
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by abailey21 View Post
That was me, you never sent me your wife's cookies so i stole your numbers at Carpet Nats
you never sent me your address.
SRW141 is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 12:30 AM
  #1940  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (8)
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Woodinville, WA
Posts: 2,567
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

Some misc stuff...

Twice now I've had a screw back out of the front spool. Handling strangeness aside, I'm wondering if that happened because of a slightly bent bone, or if the bone got bent because of that. I put some lock tight on it, hoping it won't happen again. Has anyone else had this issue?

I also had my rear diff loosen up on me. I think the screw backed out a bit (as opposed to the set screw backing out). I put some locktite on that, too.

My front belt is showing some fibers on the inside, all the way around, and more on one side than the other. The belt is quite loose. It seems too loose to me, but every Stock TC driver I've shown it too says the tension is fine. The rear belt doesn't show any similar wear. Is there a rule of thumb for setting the tension on it? I want to get a spare belt, but I'm not sure if I should get black or gray. The kit came with black. A-Main's description says black is for mod, and gray is for stock. It'll be a long while before I run anything faster than 17.5. Should I just get the gray one?

-Mike
grippgoat is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 04:42 AM
  #1941  
Tech Rookie
 
John Lindsay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 4
Default

Mike,

I had problems with the spool outdrive screws coming loose. I used some red loctite on them and never had a problem since. Vibration from a bent driveshaft could contribute to it but with the loctite in there you should have no problems.

In the rear diff, set it to the tension you want using the long screw, (mines are usually pretty tight) then tighten the grub screw up onto it, putting a driver in each end, and make it pretty tight too, loctite shouldn't be necessary here. The grub screw is also handy for consistent rebuilds, as you can leave it in place, then tighten the long screw up against it. The diff is then set to the same tension as before.

I've only ever run grey belts in my car, thats running 10.5 motors outside. Besides one which snapped because a stone got caught between chassis and diff pulley I've never broken any. You are correct, a looser belt is better for stock and it needs to be a bit tighter for mod. New grey belts I run one click looser, and once they wear and stretch a bit I tighten them up to the mark on the bearing holders.


HTH
John Lindsay is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 07:43 AM
  #1942  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 13
Default

Originally Posted by Dusttt View Post
So I have a messed up story for you. About a month ago I ordered some parts direct from schumacher online with my debit card. Then last week someone is all over GB spending my money and it wasnt me. I never bought from GB before so just a coincidence?
This same issue has happened to me and 6 other people I know. We have all had to cancel our cards and dispute the fraudulent charges. I was hit for about $350 for airline tickets but one of my friends was hit for about a $1000 in bogus charges. Some of the charges were in GB and the others were in Mexico.

I will probably just order from Amain from now on until the issue is cleared up.
miniman007 is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 06:33 PM
  #1943  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (133)
 
Dusttt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Corona
Posts: 2,497
Trader Rating: 133 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by miniman007 View Post
This same issue has happened to me and 6 other people I know. We have all had to cancel our cards and dispute the fraudulent charges. I was hit for about $350 for airline tickets but one of my friends was hit for about a $1000 in bogus charges. Some of the charges were in GB and the others were in Mexico.

I will probably just order from Amain from now on until the issue is cleared up.
Man I am glad to hear that I was not the only one! Yet sorry for the others.
Dusttt is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 06:35 PM
  #1944  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Rockville, MD
Posts: 5,058
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I just got my replacement card today. I'm going to send them a email on Monday about the problem.
SRW141 is offline  
Old 06-11-2010, 09:02 PM
  #1945  
Tech Master
iTrader: (99)
 
picco007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: TX.
Posts: 1,944
Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)
Default

Nice car Seaball..........
picco007 is offline  
Old 06-12-2010, 05:28 PM
  #1946  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
rezenclowd3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Solvang, CA
Posts: 2,367
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

So, I had the chance to rewire my car once again. Wanted more room with the Tekin RS Pro and shaving the mounting tab off of the servo:


rezenclowd3 is offline  
Old 06-12-2010, 08:01 PM
  #1947  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
Danny-b23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Saskatoon, SK, Canada
Posts: 1,357
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Rezen, you don't run the Transition Links on the rear of the car?
Danny-b23 is offline  
Old 06-12-2010, 08:47 PM
  #1948  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (17)
 
rezenclowd3's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Solvang, CA
Posts: 2,367
Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default

As of last time out, no. The car was stuck, but very predictable on med-low grip asphalt. Need to gain back a little steering in WOT turns though.
rezenclowd3 is offline  
Old 06-14-2010, 12:54 PM
  #1949  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (31)
 
JayBee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: 12TH-MAN COUNTRY
Posts: 6,819
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

BUMP...
JayBee is offline  
Old 06-14-2010, 01:49 PM
  #1950  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (14)
 
skypilot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,540
Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grippgoat View Post
Some misc stuff...

Twice now I've had a screw back out of the front spool. Handling strangeness aside, I'm wondering if that happened because of a slightly bent bone, or if the bone got bent because of that. I put some lock tight on it, hoping it won't happen again. Has anyone else had this issue?

I also had my rear diff loosen up on me. I think the screw backed out a bit (as opposed to the set screw backing out). I put some locktite on that, too.

My front belt is showing some fibers on the inside, all the way around, and more on one side than the other. The belt is quite loose. It seems too loose to me, but every Stock TC driver I've shown it too says the tension is fine. The rear belt doesn't show any similar wear. Is there a rule of thumb for setting the tension on it? I want to get a spare belt, but I'm not sure if I should get black or gray. The kit came with black. A-Main's description says black is for mod, and gray is for stock. It'll be a long while before I run anything faster than 17.5. Should I just get the gray one?

-Mike
you need to try and make down to FW on a sunday so we can talk and I can check out your car
skypilot is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.