Schumacher Mi4

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2010, 08:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racer X
There's lots to try:
Run more rear droop

I am running like 3mm all around, I had to figure out my speedo for the track so I never messed with this.

Take off the swaybar
I did run between none and all swaybars, just the rear turned in the best *edited typo..

Run Stiffer rear springs
Run some toe out in the front
Run more coast brake

Try thoses for a start...

Last edited by MikeXray; 05-01-2010 at 03:48 PM.
Old 05-01-2010, 02:48 PM
Tech Initiate

Hey guys, had my first outdoor raceday with the Mi4LP today and was awesome, the track has not been run on for about 6months and grip was low but I still beat my record by a lap! My previous car was an Xray T2009. Anyway, I would like to post my setup on here to share with others but I am not able to save the sheets, how has everyone else doing it? Do I need a diffrent version of Adobe that costs?

Also, does anyone know the standard "wishbone quik klips" front and rear and inboard pin or is that only ajustable through the alloy blocks?

Any help people can offer is appreciated.

Old 05-01-2010, 03:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rc-racer-kirby
Hey guys, had my first outdoor raceday with the Mi4LP today and was awesome, the track has not been run on for about 6months and grip was low but I still beat my record by a lap! My previous car was an Xray T2009. Anyway, I would like to post my setup on here to share with others but I am not able to save the sheets, how has everyone else doing it? Do I need a diffrent version of Adobe that costs?

Also, does anyone know the standard "wishbone quik klips" front and rear and inboard pin or is that only ajustable through the alloy blocks?

Any help people can offer is appreciated.

There is a free pdf editor around that people use, I think it's fox something or other.

You can switch the position of the blocks to get kick/dive, I don't remember the letter combos, the alloy blocks are a good investment overall.
Old 05-01-2010, 04:10 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by MikeXray
There is a free pdf editor around that people use, I think it's fox something or other.

You can switch the position of the blocks to get kick/dive, I don't remember the letter combos, the alloy blocks are a good investment overall.

Thanks, I'll ask around about it, how do you change the position? To memory from build and rebuilds their is no other holes for mounting the blocks in bulkhead?
Old 05-02-2010, 06:02 AM
Tech Regular

ABout pdf-editing ... I think you guys are talking about FOXIT reader which is free to use indeed, but you can't edit with that.

IMHO the best solution is to install a PDF-printer. It simulates a new printer on your pc but it does not print real paper but to a PDF-document.

the way to go:
1. install a pdf-printer (*)
2. use an editable pdf-sheet, mark your setup
3. print the resulting sheet and choose the pdf-printer as printer-device
4. give the resulting pdf-document the correct filename.
done ..

(*) pdf-printers:
Bullzip PDF-printer http://www.snapfiles.com/get/BullZip-PDF-Printer.html
CutePDF Writer http://www.snapfiles.com/get/cutepdf.html

there might be more but I have tested/used both of these (workrelated). I prefer the first one as for me it gave the best results (original = pdf-file) but that's personal I guess.
Old 05-02-2010, 06:34 AM
Tech Apprentice

Can i put a 6-cell ni-mh battery on this car or only 5-cell ni-mh or 2s lipo?
Old 05-02-2010, 06:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

A lot of progress made at Control Freakz in Chaplin CT. It's good having 6-7 mi4's running.

As for the use of plastic blocks. Me and Ed did not have any alloy ones but managed to run a lower front pin as well as rear anti squat. In the rear simply using the E/F blocks in the back and A/B blocks in the front creates antisquat. Only thing to keep in mind is the fronts are 1mm narrower so to run the same toe you'd need the front shimmed an extra mil.

The lower front pin was achieved by using C/D in the front. It takes some patience to get it on there but it works.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Champion

I'll be up to Chaplin on the 15th.

I just picked up a 2nd LP car from a local racer that I'm going to us the plastic roll center blocks on. I have the alloy ones on my car.

See you in a couple weeks.
Old 05-02-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by thrilos
Can i put a 6-cell ni-mh battery on this car or only 5-cell ni-mh or 2s lipo?
Only 5 cell or LiPo, unless you dremel out the last slot.
Old 05-03-2010, 02:59 AM
Tech Initiate

Here is my setup after round one of my clubs outdoor championship, it will most likely change and improve so I will post another sheet when I have made some more changes, have a few planned for round 2.

Saved using Bullzip PDF Printer ( Thanks Low E! )

I was on for a win in the B-final but I only completed 5laps in leg2 due to my tape ripping ( new chassis, forgot to file battery slots )
Old 05-03-2010, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default Alu Rear Hubs

Guys,
I've got an extra set of Mi4 Aluminium Rear Hubs 1deg for sale. Figured that i do not need it as i've been on the first set since day one. Tried posting on the 'for sale' section but i think nobody has noticed! Brand New in packet 30 bucks shipped.
Also have the LiPo retainer and LiPo strap and posts which i'm not using for 18 bucks shipped. Both are also New in packet.
Old 05-03-2010, 09:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Does this battery fit on the chassis?

http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...oducts_id=2749

sorry for too many questions
Old 05-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Tech Initiate

yes they do fit the Mi4LP
Old 05-03-2010, 11:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

where is the best place to buy spurs for this thing? i stripped my first one yesterday and no one at my track runs one and not even our "on track dealer" anything close...

i saw amainhobbies has most of the parts but they are on-par with tower hobbies for high pricing.

Old 05-03-2010, 11:34 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Double D Donuts
where is the best place to buy spurs for this thing? i stripped my first one yesterday and no one at my track runs one and not even our "on track dealer" anything close...

i saw amainhobbies has most of the parts but they are on-par with tower hobbies for high pricing.

amain hoobies, stormer hobbies. Or you can buy directly from Schumacher UK.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.