http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...it-spares.html
Old 02-18-2010, 09:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

No more BOR on this thread He must have a GF finally....LOL
Old 02-19-2010, 05:12 AM
Tech Adept

Default Schumacher USA closing

New to this thread, picked up an mi4lp in December, seeing now that Schumacher USA is closing (from BigSquidRC), and both my local shop and AMain seem to be running out of parts. Thoughts on parts availability in the US going forward?

Oh - and if you try to order from www.racing-cars.com (Schumacher's website I think), when you select your zone, the only option for USA is labeled "USA (Trade Dealers Only)". But there are no US trade dealers, right???

Are we out in the cold????

Last edited by JohnPrz; 02-19-2010 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 05:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
No more BOR on this thread He must have a GF finally....LOL
Hahaha, girls don't like the BOR, the whole "my life is all about playing with toy cars" thing is a incredible first date killer..
Old 02-19-2010, 08:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JohnPrz
New to this thread, picked up an mi4lp in December, seeing now that Schumacher USA is closing (from BigSquidRC), and both my local shop and AMain seem to be running out of parts. Thoughts on parts availability in the US going forward?

Oh - and if you try to order from www.racing-cars.com (Schumacher's website I think), when you select your zone, the only option for USA is labeled "USA (Trade Dealers Only)". But there are no US trade dealers, right???

Are we out in the cold????
no you are not,
stormerhobbies.com has plenty of shouie parts in stock, and you may also order direct from the UK. when going to the racing-cars.com web site just click on the UK and the rest of the world link. it should only be about 3-5 days shipping from there.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

Right, when you go to racing-cars.com, click on UK and the rest of the world, go shopping, add something to your cart and then try to check out, in the shipping section, the only option for US is "USA (Trade Dealers Only)".

Stormer still seems to have fewer parts than Amain, even with Amain showing about half of their Mi4 parts out of stock. Can't even find stock replacement pivot blocks at Stormer. Do a search for "mi4" made by Schumacher, and Stormer shows just 12 items, 2 of which are full kits.

Last edited by JohnPrz; 02-19-2010 at 08:33 AM.
Old 02-19-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

This whole Schumacher thing is a real bummer. Adam and Shawn and what they did to help the US Schumacher & Speed Passion crowd is why I was running Schumacher and Speed Passion. If I was in the UK, I would love to keep my car. It's a shame im shipping it out today. i'm a little disappointed that my hobby shop has yet to be alerted on anything of the sorts for getting Schumacher products from here on out. I had a lot of people convinced on the car for the summer parking lot. I do hate to say I jumped ship, but a T3 and SXX will be on its way to my table and anodizing bin soon. If a solid way to get ahold of parts is established with the US shops, I may come back. I feel like a conformist going to the Ex-ray. Ahh well

I wish the Schumacher Usa crew good luck with whatever they are doing and a thanks for what they did.

-Mike
Old 02-19-2010, 09:30 AM
Tech Adept

Yes, a shame. Took me about a year to finally bite the bullet, do the research, and decide on an mi4lp. Now that I'm hooked on the format, I will likely switch to a T3 as well. It is what it is.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JohnPrz
Right, when you go to racing-cars.com, click on UK and the rest of the world, go shopping, add something to your cart and then try to check out, in the shipping section, the only option for US is "USA (Trade Dealers Only)".

Stormer still seems to have fewer parts than Amain, even with Amain showing about half of their Mi4 parts out of stock. Can't even find stock replacement pivot blocks at Stormer. Do a search for "mi4" made by Schumacher, and Stormer shows just 12 items, 2 of which are full kits.
3/4 of the Mi4 is Mi3 parts or Mi2 parts, maybe you have to look for those? when ever I call shouie usa for a part if they are out i go to stormers. what happens when you click the trade dealers box? maybe send them a email and ask whats up?

for me, the car is awesome, i have pretty much every thing i need for spares, and waiting a extra day or two on shipping isn't that big a deal for me. none of my local shops even carry shuie parts.
Old 02-19-2010, 09:44 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

I find it funny that everyone is selling their cars already, parts will come directly to the shops instead of going through schumacher usa, if anything the shops will get parts a few days faster. Adam and Shawn provided great support though, and it does suck to not have that stateside.

Feel free to send me any spare parts you don't want
Old 02-19-2010, 10:41 AM
Tech Adept

A month after requesting them, my shop still hasn't been able to get pivot blocks or the lipo battery strap and posts in. I gave up and ordered from A-Main, but now A-Main is running out of parts. I can run with strapping tape for the battery, but not with broken pivot blocks. If I can get parts from across the pond at reasonable shipping rates, then fine, I just haven't had to do it before and it seemed from the website that it might not be an option.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by skypilot
3/4 of the Mi4 is Mi3 parts or Mi2 parts, maybe you have to look for those? when ever I call shouie usa for a part if they are out i go to stormers. what happens when you click the trade dealers box? maybe send them a email and ask whats up?.
More parts; thanks; I don't know how many of them work on the mi4. Searching for the one item I have had to replace so far (pivot blocks, part # SCHU3494), they do not have them.

I will contact Schumacher about shipping direct to consumers in the US.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:54 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MikeXray
I find it funny that everyone is selling their cars already, parts will come directly to the shops instead of going through schumacher usa, if anything the shops will get parts a few days faster. Adam and Shawn provided great support though, and it does suck to not have that stateside.

Feel free to send me any spare parts you don't want
The biggest thing is a lot of us want state side support. We want to have a distributing center to ring up and talk to when we need to. I honestly never used the online order feature on racing cars. One of us just called them and made the order. And as a shop, I have heard nothing of this new system. I still have customers that are interested in the Cougar. Is that thing gonna fall off the american map?

But its a part of life, something happens, and people make personal decisions on what they wanna do. I made my decision for what benefits me best, and others made the ones that benefit them the best.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.