R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Which Brushless system for MI3 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/286957-brushless-system-mi3.html)

hal3146 04-02-2009 08:02 AM

Which Brushless system for MI3

I just picked up a an MI3. I have been running off-road and this is my first time running on-road.

I have two brushless systems currently and am wondering which one to put in the MI3.

I have a castle creations sidewinder with the 4600kv motor. I ran this set-up in my Stampede with a 7-cell pack. I also have an LRP AI Pro ESC w/ Eraser 10.5 turn motor.

I will be running a 2S Lipo in the MI3. I have a ton of different pinions and spur gears so I can hit a wide range of ratios.

The other system will be going into my stampede. Can anyone compare these two systems? Is there that big a difference between the two? The LRP is sensored of course.

I have run both of them in my stampede. With the same gearing the LRP seems to have less power both in acceleration and top speed. It also seemed easier to control or finesse. I am not sure if this is the difference between a sensored and sensorless motor or the difference in power.

I can not find watts specs for the castle creations 4600kv motor to confirm my power suspicions.

So what are peoples thoughts on which motor/esc combo is used where? Both of them are used for playing. Not racing.

Thanks

Hyde 04-02-2009 12:31 PM

we'll I think it all depends on what your trying to do. go on track and get good and race or just mess around.

I have amamba max system and I see it more as a basher system. they just keep going.

I've heard the lrp is a smooth system. and ill rather use that for track.

the 10.5 is around 4300 4400kv I think. and the mamba is 4600.

so the mamba is faster. the mamba isn't race legal.

if I'm wronge in any of this someone correct me.

food for thought, homie

Juanchoyo 04-02-2009 03:55 PM

But Mambas lack tons of torque....... I think a decent 10.5 will do a lot better than Mamba... Does the Eraser have Sinterized Rotor??? That helps too

mxzhonkey 04-02-2009 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by LATC3 (Post 5631667)
we'll I think it all depends on what your trying to do. go on track and get good and race or just mess around.

I have amamba max system and I see it more as a basher system. they just keep going.

I've heard the lrp is a smooth system. and ill rather use that for track.

the 10.5 is around 4300 4400kv I think. and the mamba is 4600.

so the mamba is faster. the mamba isn't race legal.

if I'm wronge in any of this someone correct me.

food for thought, homie

actually the mambas are roar legal, legalized for mod in jan 09. the eraser motor is not.

the eraser motor should not have a sintered rotor, unless he changed it.

both would be considered modified if he raced. either choice would be ok. but if you wanted to race legally in a slower spec class, like 17.5 ( would be the best choice for a new on-road racer) in the future. i would be put lrp system in as it is sensored and you can 17.5 sensored motors with better precision than the mamba max would allow