Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cheehtae
don't hit the wall too much
spoken from a true wall hugger.
Hey I only hit the wall that one time.
Old 10-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TryHard
Nothing.... The split blocks are the same height as the standard blocks the right way up. If you've been running a 3mm shim under the front rear block, then no shims under the split. 3.5mm, then 0.5mm under the split blocks.

HiH
Ed
What about the rear split blocks? If a 0.5 mm shim is currently being used underneath the XA block, then do the split blocks require shimming?

thx!!
Old 10-29-2011, 10:13 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (88%+)

Originally Posted by Mugen10
Help needed from anyone.

My 416x has a issue on a tight carpet track. The dogbone pins are coming out of the wheel axle and sometimes bend. The dogbones are stock and the outdrives are stock. Is there a stronger or better dogbone? I am using loc tight on the grub screw. They are only doing this in the front.
(Just for more info. the pin that is coming out of the dogbone is just behind the wheel).
Also what do you recommend for spool outdrives?

Thanks for the help
use the tamiya 46mm dogbones in the front, that should help. also try cleaning the whole universals up then rebuild them with the loctite. after you're done put a piece of shrink tube on the axle to help keep the pin in place.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mhavlena
What about the rear split blocks? If a 0.5 mm shim is currently being used underneath the XA block, then do the split blocks require shimming?

thx!!
Yes, they would require shimming. Just treat them the same as a one-piece block mounted the normal way up.

HiH
Ed
Old 10-30-2011, 09:45 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Mugen10
Help needed from anyone.

My 416x has a issue on a tight carpet track. The dogbone pins are coming out of the wheel axle and sometimes bend. The dogbones are stock and the outdrives are stock. Is there a stronger or better dogbone? I am using loc tight on the grub screw. They are only doing this in the front.
(Just for more info. the pin that is coming out of the dogbone is just behind the wheel).
Also what do you recommend for spool outdrives?

Thanks for the help
To stop the pin coming out, you could switch to the 417 axles, that use the spring clip rather than grub screw.
Dogbone wise, use the steel versions in the front (TAM51092 for 46mm, TAM54078 for 44mm) to stop the bending... this last for ages, I have never broken one!
Spool outdrives, my current preference is for the Roche Spring steel... running mod, I've had them on the car for 2months+ now, and still not a scratch on them, top marks from me. I've even had to replace the driveshafts because the pins have worn more than the outdrives!

HiH
Ed
Old 10-30-2011, 09:55 AM
Tech Champion

Hi Jilles,

Have you got any suggestions for the 417 on carpet? I've never actually run mine on the rug... and the last time I ran on carpet was almost two years ago now!
Trying to get sorted out for the ATS at Yatabe, not going to have much opportunity to practise, so would like to hit the ground running!
I see Marc, Viktor and Elliott are all running the X at the ETS, including the flexy bits... you think this is the way to go?
I know my 7 feels really good on high traction with it flexied up, so I'm thinking to start out there, and go with White/Blue springs and 500wt... just a little confused where to try the wheelbase and rear block (pic I saw of Viktors car looks like 4mm in front of the rear arm).

Are you going to be coming out to Yatabe for the ATS? or does it clash with the Ride cup?

Thanks in advance
Ed
Old 10-31-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by TryHard
To stop the pin coming out, you could switch to the 417 axles, that use the spring clip rather than grub screw.
Dogbone wise, use the steel versions in the front (TAM51092 for 46mm, TAM54078 for 44mm) to stop the bending... this last for ages, I have never broken one!
Spool outdrives, my current preference is for the Roche Spring steel... running mod, I've had them on the car for 2months+ now, and still not a scratch on them, top marks from me. I've even had to replace the driveshafts because the pins have worn more than the outdrives!

HiH
Ed
Hi u had to replace the drive shaft r they Alu or Steel?
Old 10-31-2011, 06:36 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by CHICO1977
I have always used the steel fronts... until this past weekend where I thought I would try the alloy ones, and promptly broke my first one!

HiH
Ed
Old 11-01-2011, 03:52 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by CHICO1977
In my first race ever with the 417 (coming from an Xray) with the alloys up front, I bend one of the driveshafts. No serious hard hits. So steel up front!
Old 11-03-2011, 07:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 72 (99%+)
Default Pit towel question

Thank you Jilles for releasing your new 3 part video series on the 417. It is very helpful.

I have a question? Is Tamiya planning on releasing the pit towel and pit board you are using in the videos?

If so, where can I find them.

Best regards,

Greg Gherasim
Squamish, B.C. Canada
Old 11-03-2011, 07:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nilks
In my first race ever with the 417 (coming from an Xray) with the alloys up front, I bend one of the driveshafts. No serious hard hits. So steel up front!
I wont speak for Jilles, but if you have a tendency to hit stuff on the track then the best option would be to run Steel up front. I run steel in the front and aluminum in the rear. Not to many drivers I know could get a way with running the aluminum CVDs in the front they are simply too soft.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:25 AM
Tech Adept

Do you think there is a difference running the steel shaft on the rear insteed of the alloy ones ? I run steel on the rear for now.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:34 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

any chance of tamiya releasing their own DCJ for the 417?
Old 11-03-2011, 03:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Swampracer
Thank you Jilles for releasing your new 3 part video series on the 417. It is very helpful.

I have a question? Is Tamiya planning on releasing the pit towel and pit board you are using in the videos?

If so, where can I find them.

Best regards,

Greg Gherasim
Squamish, B.C. Canada
Greg,

Towels and setup boards like those were sent exclusively to japanese supporters of the TRF project along with a respective member card (project supporter member's card). Supposedly, they are only available in Japan (and also for TRF team drivers, of course) but you might get lucky on Ebay???
Good luck!
Cheers,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.