Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 07-05-2010, 01:31 AM   #1201
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGH View Post
Hello racers,

I just came back from the Worlds.
An excellent result again for Tamiya but for me I have really mixed feelings. As some already said it started friday night in the last qualifier with radio trouble. There were so many spectators with all kind of equipment which can interfer with 2.4GHz. Saterday for the mains I had to go back to 40MHz which has a little different feeling. Marc was be able to get away clean in a-main 1 and 2 and therefor he deserved it. Nevertheless I was the only one who could challenge him for the win and this is a 1 time chance in two years. I want to thank you all so much for supporting me! I will post my set-up of the worlds soon!

Jilles
Thats a damn shame Jilles, hold your head up high though mate, its pretty obvious at the various events over the last couple of years, if you are there the TRF team DOMINATE, when your away they somewhat struggle or at the very least dont quite shine the same way.

Its very impressive how you guys work together, and the obvious outcomes form working so well as a unit. Well done, and look forward to seeing some insights when you get time to jot down some notes.

PM me when you are returning to BKK, need to talk dates.
Old 07-05-2010, 02:04 AM   #1202
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Quote:
Hello racers,

An excellent result again for Tamiya but for me I have really mixed feelings. As some already said it started friday night in the last qualifier with radio trouble. There were so many spectators with all kind of equipment which can interfer with 2.4GHz. Saterday for the mains I had to go back to 40MHz which has a little different feeling. Marc was be able to get away clean in a-main 1 and 2 and therefor he deserved it. Nevertheless I was the only one who could challenge him for the win and this is a 1 time chance in two years. I want to thank you all so much for supporting me! I will post my set-up of the worlds soon!

Jilles

Hang in there, Jilles! Your time will come. We'll all be rooting for you to win the next big race!

- JV
ittjv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 07:00 AM   #1203
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No jilles it us that need to thank you for sharing your time and setups on here rctech

I'm going to be in bkk from the 18th do you know of any club meets or track days that I can attended
Old 07-05-2010, 07:55 AM   #1204
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Jilles,

Ur definitely a Champ in ur own way and our eyes. We'll be rooting for u.
jonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:19 AM   #1205
Tech Initiate

Great performance for Tamiya Team. I'm sure that soon will also have your time.
I have seen the new diff and the tickness inserted between the Lower deck and the bulkhead.
We can give more info?

Thks Enrico
20967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 11:33 AM   #1206
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20967 View Post
Great performance for Tamiya Team. I'm sure that soon will also have your time.
I have seen the new diff and the tickness inserted between the Lower deck and the bulkhead.
We can give more info?

Thks Enrico
U mean that's a proto gear diff from Tamiya? More info pls....
jonest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 01:40 PM   #1207
Tech Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonest View Post
U mean that's a proto gear diff from Tamiya? More info pls....

Hey, this is, but even i know.

See "Red Rc.net" and view "Event image and gallery"

Sorry but I can send photos and site; I am not reachet the limit of post for to send it.

Enrico
20967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 03:57 PM   #1208
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

what will the 1mm shims under the suspension blocks do?
I have 1mm all the way around the car. Should I take them off? what king of difference can I expect? thanks.
fat500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2010, 06:15 PM   #1209
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to kschu

the geardiff that used by marc is very similar to spec-r geardiff

but i might be wrong though....
Old 07-06-2010, 05:23 AM   #1210
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hi Jilles, two more questions

With the gear diff, did you make any modifications to strengthen it or did you just run it as it comes?

and

We have seen photos of Marc's car with 1mm spacers under all of the bulkheads, which we believe is to prevent the motor scraping and scrubbing off speed. When the car is set up like that, how do you maintain the same roll centres, is it by adding 1mm spacers under the suspension blocks, or by running 1mm less spacers under the inner camber links

Thanks Jilles, we look forward to seeing the setup sheet!
Old 07-06-2010, 05:35 AM   #1211
Tech Apprentice

Smile

Quote:
Hello racers,

Jilles
Man that is hard, all i can say is chin up and there will be a next time.

Thanks for the reply to my post. I find your info very helpfull and there arn't many other pros that open to share and be helpfull as you, so big up man and thanks
charl mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 03:43 PM   #1212
Tech Regular

Hi Jilles,

I wanted to ask about shock position in two dimensions.
1- when you choose more inclined hole on the rear shock tower, what do you feel about the cars handling and behaviour?
2- When you look from the top, if the shock is not vertical front to rear, do you prefer adding shims to the lower ball joint, or upper ball joint to make it vertical? Again what change do you feel on the track when doing this?

Thanks

http://www.aytemizhobi.com
Turkish shop for: Serpent, Xceed, Sweep Racing, MyLaps
musti72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:06 AM   #1213
Tech Rookie

Default wolrd champion

Jills hello to me it seems you've been fantastic both in 1 / 12 and in 1 / 10, to be sub champion of the world and being able to be in 1 / 10 but for the problems you've had me looks spectacular on your part, for my were the best.
Congratulations indeed.
and now a question about your set-up.
You mounted the Spec r. Dif, because if it was Marc, and if so tell me if it is better or worse compared to the original behavior and please ponies in the differential density.
thanks and encouragement are a crack.
regards
Veres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:52 AM   #1214
Tech Apprentice

hey jilles would you know what software and settings marc and viktor were running on their Speed passion esc's at the recent round of ets in netherlands as im wanting to try it out?

thanks
Old 07-13-2010, 09:53 PM   #1215
JGH
Tech Adept

- Besercoe,
Thanks! TRF team has worked really hard to achieve this result. We are a real team, we share all info to achieve max result every race.
I'm in BKK till monday.

- JV
Thanks! Many more races to come!

- Senna racing
I'm not sure about any EP race in BKK this time, I quess it's little more quiet with races at the moment.

- Jonest
Thanks man!

- Enrico,
At the WC we have been using the gear diff and the shims between upperdeck and bulkhead. Gear diff seems to be very consistant and good steering, however i think when it's low traction it's more difficult to drive.
About the shims, I did it to get some more clearance between Lipo and topdeck because 25mm Lipo.

-fat500
1mm under the suspension blocks gives more corner speed, lower the suspension arms gives more traction.

- kschu
All TRF drivers used the Spec-R geardiffs

- CraigM
We used pretty much standard geardiff, only thing was new o-ring to avoid leaking, I guess spec-r will change this already.
1mm under motormount is to get little more chassis roll and then to avoid touching the motor from the ground. With the new more narrow chassis you can run little more chassis roll to get more traction especially on a low traction surface/tyres like WC.

-charl mac
Thanks! It's my duty to help all Tamiya drivers out as best as possible.

- Musti72
1. Shocks more down in the rear gives more steering and cornerspeed, shock more up gives easier drive and more stable car.
2. I always run standard shock postion, I never change the angle.

- Veres,
Thanks for your comments.
Before WC all TRF drivers has been testing both ball and geardiff and all drivers were faster with geardiff. Therefor we decided to use geardiff.
I also recommend the geardiff in general as it is easy maintanace.

-AZ416
I only know they used the latest software which they normally run in stockclass.

My set-up will be posted soon as at this moment I don't have scanner.

Jilles
JGH is offline   Reply With Quote