R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-06-2010, 09:10 AM   #1066
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldo-1234 View Post
Hi Jilles

I noticed in your setups that u use HPI and Tamiya springs. When do you choose which to use? Are they of any difference in terms of setup and performance?
Hi
This might help you
http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...motors-33.html
Scroll to the bottom and open the shock oil spring tyre.doc, then goto the heading shock. Jilles has already answered something similar

Hope it helps
devil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:54 PM   #1067
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGH View Post
Forget the balancing weights:

Minimum weight at Snowbirds race was 1420 gram.

I used 60gr weight on the centerline of the chassis.
Moved the battery little outside(5mm from bulkhead) , same line as outside chassis.
15gr right front under steering, 10 gr left front under steering.
5 gr right rear behind the Lipo.

Jilles
Hi,

Sorry but now for something completely different.
You advise HB Silver. Is that #HPI-6543 Racing Shock Spring 14x25x1.5 mm 6.5 Coils (Silver)?
In the US they use HB with that number. In the UK they use HPI with that number. Are they the same and is that the spring as you advise?
Is it for sale in Holland? For now I only see it at wheelspinmodels.co.uk

Thanks,

Kensei
Kensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 03:59 PM   #1068
Tech Regular

Default HB Springs Silver

Hi,

You advise HB Silver. Is that #HPI-6543 Racing Shock Spring 14x25x1.5 mm 6.5 Coils (Silver)?
In the US they use HB with that number. In the UK they use HPI with that number. Are they the same and is that the spring as you advise?

Thanks,

Kensei

Quote:
Hello everyone,

After some positive feedback from the racers on the TRF416/416WE topic I will start my own Thread which all of you can use for questions about the 416(WE) and SpeedPassion motors.

I will do my best to keep up on this thread and try to help out you guys as good as I can.

Best regards,
Jilles Groskamp
Old 05-06-2010, 04:01 PM   #1069
Tech Regular

Default HB Springs Silver

Hi,

Thanks,

Kensei

Quote:
Hello everyone,

Just came back from the euros. Thank you all for the kind words, this title means so much for me!
5 cars in the top 6 is an awesome results!
Attached you will find my set-up from the Euros.

This week I will leave to Thailand and I will start doing test work for both electric and nitro classes.
In the mean time I will try to keep up with the thread so feel free to drop a message.

Thank you again,

Jilles
Old 05-06-2010, 04:52 PM   #1070
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensei View Post
That's the one - HPI 6543.

And here is the Spring Chart - the Pro4 springs are what are commonly used.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:02 PM   #1071
Tech Champion

Hi Jilles,

I'm running my 416X on a high grip asphalt track which is VHT sprayed. I'm using the base asphalt setup, but with C blocks on the front, and HPI silver front and blue rear springs. On lower grip tracks I find this setup works very well, but on this track I find the rear end is loose and the front bites badly, especially towards the end of the corner. I have tried 0.5mm/1mm under the front blocks which is better, and also running pink springs but they slowed the car down too much. Next I was thinking of going to D blocks on the front, is there anything else I should try

Thanks
Craig
Old 05-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #1072
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Hi Jilles,

I'm running my 416X on a high grip asphalt track which is VHT sprayed. I'm using the base asphalt setup, but with C blocks on the front, and HPI silver front and blue rear springs. On lower grip tracks I find this setup works very well, but on this track I find the rear end is loose and the front bites badly, especially towards the end of the corner. I have tried 0.5mm/1mm under the front blocks which is better, and also running pink springs but they slowed the car down too much. Next I was thinking of going to D blocks on the front, is there anything else I should try

Thanks
Craig
Heavier oil, your car is over gripped.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:40 PM   #1073
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Will try that tonight

thanks Mr Traction Roll
Old 05-06-2010, 08:42 PM   #1074
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Hi Jilles,

Thanks
Craig
Ha McPrez

You coming to Winger tonight
Old 05-06-2010, 10:54 PM   #1075
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Besercoe View Post
Heavier oil, your car is over gripped.
Yep tried going to 600 from 450 and that helped too, just wondering if there is something I wouldn't normally think of, like ackerman or camber link spacers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna Racing View Post
Ha McPrez
You coming to Winger tonight
Negative
Old 05-07-2010, 12:50 AM   #1076
Tech Regular

Default #HPI-6543 Racing Shock Spring 14x25x1.5 mm 6.5 coils (Silver)

Gilles,
Are these the ones you suggest?
Greetz,
Kensei

Quote:
Hello everyone,

After some positive feedback from the racers on the TRF416/416WE topic I will start my own Thread which all of you can use for questions about the 416(WE) and SpeedPassion motors.

I will do my best to keep up on this thread and try to help out you guys as good as I can.

Best regards,
Jilles Groskamp
Old 05-07-2010, 12:54 AM   #1077
Tech Regular

Default HB springs

Quote:
Originally Posted by veecee View Post
That's the one - HPI 6543.

And here is the Spring Chart - the Pro4 springs are what are commonly used.

HI,
MANY THANKS
KENSEI
Old 05-07-2010, 01:04 AM   #1078
Tech Adept

Send a message via ICQ to vitomon Send a message via Skype™ to vitomon

Quote:
Hi Jilles,

Thanks
Craig
just outa my experience. your front bites too hard cause of the harder spring and maybe the anti-dive. as a result the rear gets loose. i would suggest a 600 oil, 0,5 rollcenter shimms in front and rear (no anti-dive), silver or blue springs all arround, and rear camber links to 3mm/3mm (fron 5mm).

first i would try silver all arround and see if the tyres together with the harder oil overheat or not. depends on the run time. here we have 7 min runs and have to use handout tyres with 30shore. thus i went for the blue springs all arround.

i also tryed a second topdeck which was cut in the rear and got rid of 2 screws in the back of the top deck to give the car more flex. but since you are running in high grip conditions i would not do that at first.
vitomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 05:46 AM   #1079
Tech Regular

Send a message via MSN to Bigger Brother

Quote:
Hi Jilles,

Thanks
Craig
I've 'generally' found the D blocks on the front take away too much front end - only really got them to feel good on super high grip carpet tracks, but they may work well on big flowing outdoor circuits.

I'd probably try dropping the rear camber link on the bulkhead by 0.5mm or maybe trying different shock positions.

I've also found pink front springs work quite well for me - I certainly found they slowed the front end of the car down but not too much.... what steering curve are you running on your radio??

(I'm certainly no expert here, just trying to go on what we've learnt over the past year with the car!)
Old 05-07-2010, 11:56 AM   #1080
Tech Rookie

Send a message via ICQ to sw20

Hey Gilles,

How do you setup your shocks for TITC?? what kind of rebound do you use and you put an o-ring instead of the red foam in??
sw20 is offline   Reply With Quote