R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 09-09-2009, 10:12 PM   #601
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

Hey Jilles. I thought you guys were racing when I saw the entry list. I was looking forward to another all-TRF podium!

Racing in Thailand sounds fun. If I can manage it I might go to TITC next year. Let us know when you have a good setup for the F104.
Old 09-10-2009, 05:33 PM   #602
Tech Initiate

Hi jilles, just wondering do you use the red foam compensators when running indoors on carpet
savo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:15 AM   #603
Tech Adept

Exclamation

Hi Jilles,

Im running an Mi3 and i cant run a spool indoors because everytime i catch a corner it rips an outdrive to pieces or a driveshaft in half. Its probably because the track markers are sand filled hosepipes and the car doesnt bounce of them. Any ideas on what i can do because my car is so much nicer running a spool...

Thanks
Ritchie T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 05:25 AM   #604
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie T View Post
Hi Jilles,

Im running an Mi3 and i cant run a spool indoors because everytime i catch a corner it rips an outdrive to pieces or a driveshaft in half. Its probably because the track markers are sand filled hosepipes and the car doesnt bounce of them. Any ideas on what i can do because my car is so much nicer running a spool...

Thanks
Tried building a Differential with something like sanding paper in it instead of the big balls in you pulley?? To make a Slipper Spool like Associated...
Build up a Differential, but instead of putting balls in your pulley, put some sanding paper (Or when they fit, Slipper Spool Pad's from Asso) in it. This will lock up the diff. But when you make a hard crash it suppose to "slip" and save your driveshafts and blades). I'm not using the Slipperspool in mij associated, because I don't have a problem with broken blades or drive shafts...
It's not "Perfect" but better then destroying your car every time.

Jilles, Small Q, What oil and shocks are you using at the Mach Heemstede Track? My car is going really well on 50WT (rear) 60WT (front) with 15,3 LBS (HPI Blue) Springs on all shocks, But Frans H. told me this doesn't work quit well, and I should try softer oil and a bit harder spring. So I'm wondering what you're using.

Thanks!

Best Regards,

Robert,
Old 09-11-2009, 08:22 PM   #605
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 141 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigz View Post
is it possible to adjust the timing on sp ultrasportsman series motors?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonest View Post
Apparently, there are 2 types, one can while the other can't. We can't adjust on those bought off the shelf (we're using 11.5t & 10.5t) but you can on some hand out motors (TITC & KLGP).

Hope this helps.
does anyone know what the factory timing is?
hacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 09:29 PM   #606
Tech Master

I was told its 12 degrees on default or non adjustable endbells. But it feels alot more than 12 degrees to me.
cyanyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 11:22 PM   #607
Tech Rookie

Hi Jilles,

It's a surprise to learn that you are in HK last week testing the Shephard at TRC race track. What do you think about the track? Did you try out the indoor track as well?

Can you share the spec of the upcoming TRF416X?
TamBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 10:17 AM   #608
Tech Addict

Hi Jilles,
How are you? Question about your testing on Li-Po, you said it was too fast on a 4.0T. May I know what was the discharge rate (C) of the Li-Po that you were using?
Thanks!
3.141592 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:18 PM   #609
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritchie T View Post
Hi Jilles,

Thanks
Hi Ritchie.
I have had the same problem you have, i have solved with the help of TITANIUM RC delrin outdrives, they have them for your car.
those outdrives are the best you can get
See this site http://www.titaniumracing.com/index.asp
Good luck
eded1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 05:01 AM   #610
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey jilles

hows things in Thailand ??

have you used a TRf416 at AMCC Noord Holland ???

if so could you put your set up sheet on here

cheeRS phil
sidecarphil1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 07:00 AM   #611
Tech Initiate
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Hi Jilles;

Last Weekend we have raced ths 3 round from the Spanish Touring Car Championsip in Arca Track (Madrid) and i have used your Asphat basic setup, the chassis is amazing, very easy to drive and very good .

Thanks for your support and patience......
JordiM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:01 AM   #612
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGH View Post
The reason I ran 0.5mm higher(lower rollcenter) was better cornerspeed, keeps the car more flat in the corner and because of highspeed sweeper.
And now 0.5 higher is your basic set up? What about Pro Stock, what rollercenter is better.

Last edited by orzel24; 09-14-2009 at 01:18 PM.
orzel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:55 PM   #613
Tech Apprentice

Hi Jilles

i have two questions

1 There is talk of changing the weight limit for next year in the touring car class i run in 10.5, they prepose to drop the weight from 1500 with lipo to around 1400-1450, my question is would you take the weight off the lipo ect to get the weight down or keep as much weight is needed to balance the car from left to right even if that meant being well over the weight limit

2 my car is setup to your bangkok setup which is very good and easy to drive but i could do with a little more initial steering, what would be the best solution ? would laying down all the shocks down a hole do the trick

many thanks in advance
mark
mark williams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 10:40 PM   #614
JGH
Tech Adept

Veecee,
With a bit of luck I will receive my F104 this week. For TITC they plan to race with rubber tyre and about 27T brush motor for F-1. I will keep you updated about the tests.

Savo,
I never use the foams in the shocks.

Ritchie,
Try to fit a 416 spool in your schumacher?

Robert,
Don't listen to Frans too much!! I use HB blue spring at the MACH track with 600W front and 550W in the rear.
When it's cooler like in the evenings you can go 100W softer and little harder spring like silver.

Tamboy,
Shepherd test was good in HK. I think the outdoor track is really nice and good for 1/8 nitro. I didn't try the indoor track but I saw much traction and layout also very nice.
Not much info I can give you on the " 416X" .

I think any Lipo is fast with 4.0 motor. I think many company cheat on the discharge number they tell you. I don't know what mine Orion Lipo has for discharger rate but it was too fast for me and I could run for 7 min easy at RCS track.

Phil,
Life is good in Thailand. Lots of racing!
Try LRP masters carpet set-up. I never drove at AMCC.

JordiM,
Good to hear you're happy!

Orzel24,
Pro stock is same cornerspeed as modified so this will also works.

Mark,
We already ran 1400gr with 5 cell and the car is pretty good in balance with that. Just add the extra weight on the side of the Lipo and try to get it around 1400 gr.
Try little harder spring in front to get little better initial steering.

Jilles
JGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 12:41 AM   #615
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to entitymugenmtx

Im all done with my car and now Im stuck on a Lipo. I was looking at the SMC 5200 50C I wanted to see if anyone is running this lipo, and if so does it just fit right in?