R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-28-2012, 02:42 PM   #1876
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: オランダ
Posts: 312
Default

Well done Dutchman
__________________
株式会社 ヨコモ
dennisV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:06 PM   #1877
Tech Elite
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,002
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Congrats Mr. Jilles. ~ Porsha
__________________
www.rccartips.com
www.f1rccars.com
www.f1rcclub.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/rccartips/
http://www.facebook.com/RCCarTipsFan
rccartips is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 03:43 PM   #1878
Tech Addict
 
Thunderbunny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 745
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Great job Jilles, on a well deserved win!
__________________
Chris Jones a.k.a. "Black Jesus"
O.S. l Airtronics l RSD l
Team ARC l Gulf Coast Raceway Porter,Tx
Thunderbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 03:25 AM   #1879
Tech Master
 
doen08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: qc, Philippines
Posts: 1,091
Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to doen08
Default

saw the vid. Congrats Jilles.
__________________
Xray T2
doen08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 12:02 PM   #1880
Tech Elite
 
stitchy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: SoCal
Posts: 3,794
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Congratulations Jilles!!
__________________
Speedtechhobbies.com
stitchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2012, 01:00 PM   #1881
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,908
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Congratulation Jilles!
__________________
Lost in RC limbo
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 12:07 AM   #1882
TRG
Tech Initiate
 
TRG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Club:- LCRCCC ;
Posts: 43
Questions?? VG oil

Congratulation Jilles

And could you (or someone) please tell me if the Tamiya TRF VG range of shock and diff oils and silicone or mineral based.

Thanks
TRG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:47 AM   #1883
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TRG View Post
Congratulation Jilles

And could you (or someone) please tell me if the Tamiya TRF VG range of shock and diff oils and silicone or mineral based.

Thanks
Mineral
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:51 AM   #1884
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 87
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigM View Post
Mineral
I actually have a similar question - mostly regarding gear diff oil.

Normally I use Tamiya VG oil (hate the fact that it makes the white diff looks really dirty) but wanted to try some 2000 oil in the diff.

After rebuilding the diff, I found that the 2000CST silicon oil provided less resistant compared to 1000 VG oil which I normally use.

Therefore, I am wondering on team driver setups, is the oil quoted based on CST/Weight or VG number? Also, how much does a loss diff affect acceleration on 13.5 boosted?

Cheers and thanks
__________________
Tamiya - TRF 417V5 - Smokem - Hobbywing V3 - Reedy Sonic 4.5 Mach2
Sanwa M12
iwkyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 02:22 AM   #1885
Tech Champion
 
CraigM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 7,009
Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwkyb View Post
I actually have a similar question - mostly regarding gear diff oil.

Normally I use Tamiya VG oil (hate the fact that it makes the white diff looks really dirty) but wanted to try some 2000 oil in the diff.

After rebuilding the diff, I found that the 2000CST silicon oil provided less resistant compared to 1000 VG oil which I normally use.

Therefore, I am wondering on team driver setups, is the oil quoted based on CST/Weight or VG number? Also, how much does a loss diff affect acceleration on 13.5 boosted?

Cheers and thanks
I don't know the answer, but this may be relevant. The mineral oils get thinner as they warm up, so it may feel very thick when you have it cold but after the run it will be thin, so perhaps the 1000 rating is at operating temp. I think this inconsistency is why most of the pros use silicon oils.
__________________
www.facebook.com/mcpheerc
CraigM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 01:00 PM   #1886
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 1,908
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Jilles's worlds set up:
http://www.tamiya.com/trf/images/set...jg_trf417x.pdf
__________________
Lost in RC limbo
inpuressa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:38 PM   #1887
JGH
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 198
Default

Dear racers,

Thank you so much for all the support over the years, finally it happend, WORLD CHAMPION!!

Sorry for my absence the last months! I will be checking RC TECH more often again and at my new Jg-racing facebook you can check all updates and setups from me.
I just posted my winning 417X set-up and my ORION ESC set-up on it!

Please feel free you need any info about the set-ups.

Thanks again,

Jilles
JGH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 06:55 PM   #1888
Tech Master
 
John.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: The Track
Posts: 1,291
Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGH View Post
Dear racers,

Thank you so much for all the support over the years, finally it happend, WORLD CHAMPION!!

Sorry for my absence the last months! I will be checking RC TECH more often again and at my new Jg-racing facebook you can check all updates and setups from me.
I just posted my winning 417X set-up and my ORION ESC set-up on it!

Please feel free you need any info about the set-ups.

Thanks again,

Jilles
Nice work Jilles!!! Congrats!! Looking forward to your setup and other updates.
__________________
- Middle River Hobbies - The Track -
John.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 07:32 PM   #1889
Tech Champion
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Mongville
Posts: 6,980
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

The big question is when will the 417JG be available

Good luck on the new venture, not a bad way to launch a product line, win the Worlds Already subscribed.
__________________
12th Scale - The premier class (if you can make runtime)
Besercoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 03:13 AM   #1890
Tech Master
 
Benzaah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,991
Trader Rating: 21 (96%+)
Default

Jilles, Congratulations on the win.
__________________
Adelaide RC - XRAY Xb216de & Xb416

Walter Rc Hobby - Serpent 4X

Nosram - R1wurks - Sanwa - Hudy - Muchmore

Last edited by Benzaah; 08-07-2012 at 06:58 AM.
Benzaah is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 01:31 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net