R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-29-2011, 03:15 PM   #1741
Tech Master
 
cheehtae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,470
Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default

don't hit the wall too much
__________________
every impulse that we strive to strangle broods in the mind, and poison us...action is a mode of purification... the only way to get rid of temptation is to yield to it.
cheehtae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:34 PM   #1742
Tech Addict
 
Mugen10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 551
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Mugen10 Send a message via Skype™ to Mugen10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheehtae View Post
don't hit the wall too much
spoken from a true wall hugger.
Hey I only hit the wall that one time.
__________________
Central Kentucky Racing
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Xray T4
Mugen10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #1743
Tech Regular
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 300
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
Nothing.... The split blocks are the same height as the standard blocks the right way up. If you've been running a 3mm shim under the front rear block, then no shims under the split. 3.5mm, then 0.5mm under the split blocks.

HiH
Ed
What about the rear split blocks? If a 0.5 mm shim is currently being used underneath the XA block, then do the split blocks require shimming?

thx!!
mhavlena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 11:13 PM   #1744
Tech Addict
 
sonic31's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Hollywood,FL.
Posts: 594
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen10 View Post
Help needed from anyone.

My 416x has a issue on a tight carpet track. The dogbone pins are coming out of the wheel axle and sometimes bend. The dogbones are stock and the outdrives are stock. Is there a stronger or better dogbone? I am using loc tight on the grub screw. They are only doing this in the front.
(Just for more info. the pin that is coming out of the dogbone is just behind the wheel).
Also what do you recommend for spool outdrives?

Thanks for the help
use the tamiya 46mm dogbones in the front, that should help. also try cleaning the whole universals up then rebuild them with the loctite. after you're done put a piece of shrink tube on the axle to help keep the pin in place.
__________________
Tamiya TRF418 SAMIX / KO Propo / Tekin RS Pro / Spektrum
sonic31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:32 AM   #1745
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhavlena View Post
What about the rear split blocks? If a 0.5 mm shim is currently being used underneath the XA block, then do the split blocks require shimming?

thx!!
Yes, they would require shimming. Just treat them the same as a one-piece block mounted the normal way up.

HiH
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:45 AM   #1746
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mugen10 View Post
Help needed from anyone.

My 416x has a issue on a tight carpet track. The dogbone pins are coming out of the wheel axle and sometimes bend. The dogbones are stock and the outdrives are stock. Is there a stronger or better dogbone? I am using loc tight on the grub screw. They are only doing this in the front.
(Just for more info. the pin that is coming out of the dogbone is just behind the wheel).
Also what do you recommend for spool outdrives?

Thanks for the help
To stop the pin coming out, you could switch to the 417 axles, that use the spring clip rather than grub screw.
Dogbone wise, use the steel versions in the front (TAM51092 for 46mm, TAM54078 for 44mm) to stop the bending... this last for ages, I have never broken one!
Spool outdrives, my current preference is for the Roche Spring steel... running mod, I've had them on the car for 2months+ now, and still not a scratch on them, top marks from me. I've even had to replace the driveshafts because the pins have worn more than the outdrives!

HiH
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 10:55 AM   #1747
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Hi Jilles,

Have you got any suggestions for the 417 on carpet? I've never actually run mine on the rug... and the last time I ran on carpet was almost two years ago now!
Trying to get sorted out for the ATS at Yatabe, not going to have much opportunity to practise, so would like to hit the ground running!
I see Marc, Viktor and Elliott are all running the X at the ETS, including the flexy bits... you think this is the way to go?
I know my 7 feels really good on high traction with it flexied up, so I'm thinking to start out there, and go with White/Blue springs and 500wt... just a little confused where to try the wheelbase and rear block (pic I saw of Viktors car looks like 4mm in front of the rear arm).

Are you going to be coming out to Yatabe for the ATS? or does it clash with the Ride cup?

Thanks in advance
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 01:24 PM   #1748
Tech Initiate
 
CHICO1977's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: JOHOR
Posts: 26
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TryHard View Post
To stop the pin coming out, you could switch to the 417 axles, that use the spring clip rather than grub screw.
Dogbone wise, use the steel versions in the front (TAM51092 for 46mm, TAM54078 for 44mm) to stop the bending... this last for ages, I have never broken one!
Spool outdrives, my current preference is for the Roche Spring steel... running mod, I've had them on the car for 2months+ now, and still not a scratch on them, top marks from me. I've even had to replace the driveshafts because the pins have worn more than the outdrives!

HiH
Ed
Hi u had to replace the drive shaft r they Alu or Steel?
CHICO1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:36 PM   #1749
Tech Champion
 
TryHard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Sydney, NSW
Posts: 5,284
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICO1977 View Post
Hi u had to replace the drive shaft r they Alu or Steel?
I have always used the steel fronts... until this past weekend where I thought I would try the alloy ones, and promptly broke my first one!

HiH
Ed
__________________
| THard.co.uk | Xray | MuchMore |
TryHard is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 04:52 AM   #1750
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Denmark
Posts: 562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHICO1977 View Post
Hi u had to replace the drive shaft r they Alu or Steel?
In my first race ever with the 417 (coming from an Xray) with the alloys up front, I bend one of the driveshafts. No serious hard hits. So steel up front!
__________________
Niklas Hansen
Team TCHobby / Team Upgrade-RC
Tamiya TRF417 / Speed Passion GT2.0 / Speed Passion V3 motors.
Nilks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:29 AM   #1751
Tech Master
 
Swampracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Squamish
Posts: 1,750
Trader Rating: 69 (99%+)
Default Pit towel question

Thank you Jilles for releasing your new 3 part video series on the 417. It is very helpful.

I have a question? Is Tamiya planning on releasing the pit towel and pit board you are using in the videos?

If so, where can I find them.

Best regards,

Greg Gherasim
Squamish, B.C. Canada
Swampracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 08:56 AM   #1752
Tech Elite
 
artwork's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Thornton, CO
Posts: 3,112
Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilks View Post
In my first race ever with the 417 (coming from an Xray) with the alloys up front, I bend one of the driveshafts. No serious hard hits. So steel up front!
I wont speak for Jilles, but if you have a tendency to hit stuff on the track then the best option would be to run Steel up front. I run steel in the front and aluminum in the rear. Not to many drivers I know could get a way with running the aluminum CVDs in the front they are simply too soft.
__________________
Sanwa | R1 Wurks | Avid | 2mm Designs
artwork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 09:25 AM   #1753
Tech Adept
 
kedal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Nice, France
Posts: 156
Default

Do you think there is a difference running the steel shaft on the rear insteed of the alloy ones ? I run steel on the rear for now.
__________________
TRF201 - Tekin RS Pro - PRT HS 10.5T
F103 - Hobbywing 1S - Hobbywing 13.5T
rctouch.over-blog.com
kedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 10:34 AM   #1754
Tech Addict
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Philippines
Posts: 572
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

any chance of tamiya releasing their own DCJ for the 417?
Minami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 04:23 PM   #1755
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Lisbon; Portugal
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampracer View Post
Thank you Jilles for releasing your new 3 part video series on the 417. It is very helpful.

I have a question? Is Tamiya planning on releasing the pit towel and pit board you are using in the videos?

If so, where can I find them.

Best regards,

Greg Gherasim
Squamish, B.C. Canada
Greg,

Towels and setup boards like those were sent exclusively to japanese supporters of the TRF project along with a respective member card (project supporter member's card). Supposedly, they are only available in Japan (and also for TRF team drivers, of course) but you might get lucky on Ebay???
Good luck!
Cheers,
Josť Cordeiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 03:39 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net