R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-29-2009, 03:39 AM   #1
Tech Initiate

Default HB Cyclone TC worthy?

Sup guys ima going into an advance ep touring platform from my TT-01 with almost full hopups.

My question is, shld the cyclone TC be the preferred touring car or you guys out there have better brands to reccommend? Secondly, what is the difference between a normal cyclone and a cyclone WCE?

p.s: i don't want to spend a large some of money with regrets, some guidelines please. will be appreciative [=
Aprila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 04:07 AM   #2
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Get a Schumacher mi3.5 dude, prebuilt and you dont have to spend a thousand hours setting it up like the Cyclone TC.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:12 AM   #3
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Pick up a used TC5R. Good car, durable, parts are very cheap compared to others and at most clubs many others run them. This means that there will be lots of help and info available and if a parts breaks that the track does not have the chances are that another racer can help out and vice versa.

Tony
under200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:23 AM   #4
Tech Elite

Or just take it easy with a TA05 and start building your skills in both driving and tuning the car as you go. A high performance car straight away can be too big a leap and somewhat daunting when your experience is limited. TA05 can take you all the way on the other hand in the highest classes at any club whilst still being a fairly cheap car to have and run.

Last edited by niznai; 03-29-2009 at 09:25 AM.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 05:36 AM   #5
Tech Initiate

sweet. cool answers i had. looking forward to hear somemore. schumacher edition will roughly be how much? yeah bro i heard reviews bout TC5 pretty cool car for amateur-expert level.

niznai, thought of it too the TA05ms but i have friends telling me its not worth it because u gotta re-hopup the car like what i did to my TT01. it has road worthiness but then compared to professional chassis, there are the nitty gritty stuff lacking in it.

ps. i live in singapore so prices can be quoted in USD :P cheers and thanks for the prompt replies guys.

-aprila
Old 03-29-2009, 05:58 AM   #6
Tech Elite

No you don't. The TA05 MS is ready to race.

But I suggested the plain TA05.
We have a number of people running them in our club and a guy is even running the kit shocks. These are actually all you could argue you need to upgrade straight out. Look at the prices and decide for yourself if it's worth it compared to the other options. Besides, if you already upgraded the TT01 rip the shocks off that (if they're decent) and go racing.

Last edited by niznai; 03-29-2009 at 08:06 AM.
niznai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 06:05 AM   #7
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to smitty2802

This is the race version for $299

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...=ns&pn=SCHK082

And this is the Pro version for $434

https://www.ssl-stormerhobbies.com/c...=ns&pn=SCHK080

The only thing you will have to buy right off the bat is a 64 pitch spur gear as these cars come pre-built with a 48 pitch spur gear unless thats what you would like to use...

They are pretty durable cars as well

And if you have any questions about the car you can ask on the Schumacher thread here on rctech and someone will help you out pretty quickly...

-DC-

-DC-
Old 03-29-2009, 08:37 AM   #8
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Send a message via MSN to clinttredway

whats wrong with the HB TC?
clinttredway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:42 AM   #9
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clinttredway View Post
whats wrong with the HB TC?
nothing. Just hard to find parts.
GCT69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:43 AM   #10
Tech Master

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 4 (83%+)
Send a message via MSN to clinttredway

thats understandable.. is it harder to setup than other sedans?
clinttredway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:45 AM   #11
Suspended

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

You notice they have not mentioned why they think the Cyclone is not a good car.All the cars mentioned are good to great cars.But the pedigree of the HB Cyclone in any version over the last 4 years is unquestionable.None of the other cars mentioned have that.The Cyclone TC is a great car.Why someone would say it takes a long time to setup is beyond me.Sounds like they don't know what they are doing with TOY cars.

Buy what you want.A little more research would have netted you better answers then in this thread.Don't buy used unless you want someone elses junk.
racenut123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 08:49 AM   #12
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racenut123 View Post
You notice they have not mentioned why they think the Cyclone is not a good car.All the cars mentioned are good to great cars.But the pedigree of the HB Cyclone in any version over the last 4 years is unquestionable.None of the other cars mentioned have that.The Cyclone TC is a great car.Why someone would say it takes a long time to setup is beyond me.Sounds like they don't know what they are doing with TOY cars.

Buy what you want.A little more research would have netted you better answers then in this thread.Don't buy used unless you want someone elses junk.
So the cars you sold to Art were junk
STLNLST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2009, 09:56 AM   #13
Tech Initiate

lol. alright and again thanks guys. did somemore research and i still don't know where shld my money go to. would appreciate users from different expert chassis to give some shout outs :P and yeah i hadn't heard any comments on cyclone TC except Mi3 which seems favourable too.

cheers guys.

p.s. had some research on cyclone wce, xray 2009, trf 416msx, mi3, team magic's. man headache

-aprila
Old 03-29-2009, 12:21 PM   #14
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by STLNLST View Post
So the cars you sold to Art were junk

other peoples cars aren't junk. the only way it makes the items they sell junk is if they don't know how to drive (like me lol).

I bought a tc5r with all the parts to build a tc5f and the F parts are MINT in package. for VERY good price. I didn't buy junk.

the tc5r is a very good car but you need some experiance in these cars. I'm was more of a basher but now I started practicing at my closest track and its a great stronge car. the only thing is that my know-how on setups and tunning is limited. so it does make it kinda out of my range. and a little more advance then my smarts.(but I'm learning a lot with it)

I would say get a ta05...BUT I have a lot of tamiya cars and they ALWAYS discontinue parts and cars. so I'm not going to send you that way..(sorry tamiya guys)

BUT I would say get either the tc3, tc4, or tc5.

tc3: parts are VERY easy to come by even tho its an old dated car.

tc4: the tc4 is just an updated tc3 and they have enough parts then you need.

tc5: very stronge car. parts are UNLIMITED. parts are very stronge. you'll learn with it.

but look around and choose good. find the car that your LHS suports the most in parts and what not.

goodluck!
Old 03-29-2009, 12:32 PM   #15
Tech Apprentice

All of those cars are excellent and should get you where you want to go, what are your friends at the track running? It will save you an even bigger headache with track support, especially since it will be your first pro level touring car. Cyclone TC really is an excellent car right out of the box, as well as the TRF416, but spare parts may have to be ordered. Xray is awesome, but a bit more expensive. Mi3 is a less commonly seen car at most tracks, where track support would be a big deal. Pretty much, track support is priceless for your first comp level sedan. At least someone else that can work on your setup with you, unless you have tons of track time. All these cars will perform, but the TRF416 looks the best ! jk (but really) good luck!
Tremor24 is offline   Reply With Quote