R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 05-06-2009, 07:01 PM   #91
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello everyone just returned home from REEDY warm-up race in Camarillo, California a week ago. Sorry for waiting to write but just had time write. What a trip, fun, exciting, great people, great racing and a great track. The track was prep on Friday for practice and the winds were blowing about 10 to 20 an hour. The clubs choose not to spray the track, I think with the wind it was a great choice, so we ran virgin asphalt with very good traction. I personally like not spraying, it teaches you to drive and tune your car.
The more cars ran on the track the more the traction got better, but you did have to pay attention to the wind and heat to make changes accordingly. I don't think the track got over 111 degrees all weekend and Sunday was the hottest. The choice was between Sorex 32 and 36r's all weekend for the racers that used Sorex tires. I used 32r's on my 13.5 class all weekend and used 32r's on my mod car until the main and I put on a set of 36r's which was a great choice that I made and lucky choice at that..
9 out off 10 drives in the A Mains ran Sorex tires that I know of. Top 5 drivers in both A mains were on the Sorex tire.

I would like to thank the Roadrunner club for an outstanding job hosting the race and to all my Sorex customers that ran our tires.

I would like to thank all my friends for their help all weekend to make it possible for me to race and do well, Hiro from Hot Bodies/ HPI, Orrin Jensen, James McBeth and Scotty Barnes. I think I borrowed a part, brushless ESC or evan a complete car from all thse guys to compete in this event, thank you very much, I had a blast.

Thank you Billy
www.roadrunnersrc.com
YLLIB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 07:02 PM   #92
Tech Master

Hello Larry, I have not received any PM'S. Billy

916 783-8864
Old 05-08-2009, 08:30 AM   #93
Tech Master

Hello Rick, I tried calling the last few days and no answer, I sent your product out to you and you should have the package next Monday at the latest. I also e-mailed you the tracking number.

Thank you Billy
Old 05-09-2009, 12:52 PM   #94
Tech Regular

With a little help from a local club racer i finally got my cyclone s hooked up and ran better than i ever did in my heats,took a 1st and a 2nd and was using my new sjr's,these things were hooking up great and still look in great condition,36r's i ran and average track temp was just above 90 deg.Brought in a fresh set still bagged into the local hobby town we i race at here in vegas and mentioned if they sold these here they would sell like hot cakes but somebody had already beat me to the punch but didnt have any to show to them but i did and he was impressed and is going to try to get them at the shopThank you.
airwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:19 PM   #95
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwoods View Post
With a little help from a local club racer i finally got my cyclone s hooked up and ran better than i ever did in my heats,took a 1st and a 2nd and was using my new sjr's,these things were hooking up great and still look in great condition,36r's i ran and average track temp was just above 90 deg.Brought in a fresh set still bagged into the local hobby town we i race at here in vegas and mentioned if they sold these here they would sell like hot cakes but somebody had already beat me to the punch but didnt have any to show to them but i did and he was impressed and is going to try to get them at the shopThank you.

Hello airwoods, thank you for the post. If there is any question or concerns, please feel free to contact me at any time. I am calling Hobby Town on Monday to talk to them. Thank you again for all your help. I will also get back to you when I finish talking to them and hope they carry the product.

Billy
[email protected] ----e-mail
Old 05-11-2009, 07:46 AM   #96
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Jonnydb Send a message via Skype™ to Jonnydb

billy, email to you
Jonnydb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:19 AM   #97
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonnydb View Post
billy, email to you
nothing yet. Billy
Old 05-11-2009, 08:23 AM   #98
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Jonnydb Send a message via Skype™ to Jonnydb

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIB View Post
nothing yet. Billy
maybe you received like spam? sometimes happens with me by the way i sent a PM

thanks!!
Jonnydb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 08:53 AM   #99
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwoods View Post
That was me...

I gave Scott all of Billy's info and he seemed pretty excited. He told me they always had a hard time getting Sorex stuff, so this would be really great. Hopefully we'll have these on the shelf once Speedworld starts cranking them out again...
94eg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:40 AM   #100
Tech Master

Thanks 94eg, I sent all the info today and thank you for all your help. They should not have a problem ever again going going direct through me., Sorex or SJR products.

HRP and Horizon Distributors do carry the Sorex line. The the SJ-R tires are are direct from me.

I will be talking to you soon, just waiting for the inserts now, getting closer, YEA....

Thank you Billy
Old 05-12-2009, 01:28 PM   #101
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

That's great news. I really hope it works out for everyone.

The Jaco & RP premounts I've tried simple don't offer enough grip on our track. I'm really looking forward to running the SJ-R's...
94eg! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 02:05 PM   #102
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by 94eg! View Post
That's great news. I really hope it works out for everyone.

The Jaco & RP premounts I've tried simple don't offer enough grip on our track. I'm really looking forward to running the SJ-R's...
If you use the JACO tires just add a little more camber and soften the suspension up a little and you will be fine.

If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me at any time. I also hope it works out for everyone.

Thanks Billy
Old 05-13-2009, 05:07 PM   #103
Tech Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by YLLIB View Post
Hello airwoods, thank you for the post. If there is any question or concerns, please feel free to contact me at any time. I am calling Hobby Town on Monday to talk to them. Thank you again for all your help. I will also get back to you when I finish talking to them and hope they carry the product.

Billy
[email protected] ----e-mail
Thanks billy i sent you a pm
airwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2009, 12:22 AM   #104
Tech Master

Hello everyone, I talk to my supplier today and they will have the inserts done on May 21 and will ship FED X 2 or 3 day right to JACO. The tires should be done by the May 30.

Thank you all for your support and patience.

I will call all hobby shops and racers that ordered the same day or a day before I receive them, even if I stay up all night to contact all of you to get the tires orders out ASAP to those who want them still...

Thank you again Billy
Old 05-19-2009, 04:29 PM   #105
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Sorex 36

Hey Guys,

We are going to be running a spec class this summer and the tire is going to be a Sorex 36.

What traction compound works the best on this tire and what is the tire prep steps?

Thanks for your help
Applesauce is offline   Reply With Quote