Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Excuse for stupidity!! >

Excuse for stupidity!!

Excuse for stupidity!!

Old 03-28-2009, 12:00 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

thanks

Last edited by lynell90; 03-28-2009 at 12:21 AM.
Old 03-28-2009, 12:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lynell90 View Post
I just got my GTB SS and stupidly reversed polarity!!!! pretty sure i fried it!!! is there any excuse i can give to novak and send it in? maybe act like i dont know what happened? Man! didnt even get a chance to program it!!
Probably a bad idea since 1. it's dishonest and you will go to hell for lying and 2. Novak company reps and drivers are on this forum every day and will see this post and know you are lying. Just 'fess up, ask nicely, and I bet they will help you out as best they can. And next time, use a connector that doesn't let you reverse the polarity.

-rocky b
Old 03-28-2009, 12:19 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

Originally Posted by flatspunout View Post
Probably a bad idea since 1. it's dishonest and you will go to hell for lying and 2. Novak company reps and drivers are on this forum every day and will see this post and know you are lying. Just 'fess up, ask nicely, and I bet they will help you out as best they can. And next time, use a connector that doesn't let you reverse the polarity.

-rocky b
yeah your right!!!
Old 03-28-2009, 02:28 AM
Tech Elite

Just tell them the truth. If you'er nice about it they "might" relpace it anyways, but don't get your hopes up.
Old 03-28-2009, 06:19 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My Buddy sent his Novak in telling them he hooked it up backwards, they told him they would charge him $20 or something like that but returned it fixed with no charges. Novak really knows how to look after and keep customers.

LRPs warranty works like this. I ordered my speed control early to make sure I had it. Two months later racing starts and about race #5 the control smokes, it never did run right, always hot. I sent it in and LRP says 1 week over warranty period too bad. Then they want to charge me $30 to mail the melted piece of crap back.
Old 03-28-2009, 03:40 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Cammer View Post
My Buddy sent his Novak in telling them he hooked it up backwards, they told him they would charge him $20 or something like that but returned it fixed with no charges. Novak really knows how to look after and keep customers.

LRPs warranty works like this. I ordered my speed control early to make sure I had it. Two months later racing starts and about race #5 the control smokes, it never did run right, always hot. I sent it in and LRP says 1 week over warranty period too bad. Then they want to charge me $30 to mail the melted piece of crap back.
+1 on the LRP, 3 months to return my speed controller only to tell me it's been tested and working. I'm pretty sure it wasn't working before else i don't think i woulda sent it in...
(Trying to cover up the fact that some of their products are faulty?)
Old 03-28-2009, 08:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

just lie to them. they will never know who you are when everyones esc is blowing up by them....if they will never read this thread lol any who... F NO-WAK!!!!

jk tell em the truth and you'll end up paying 20 bones.

I just found my xxl right now and I had about 50 roosters and super roosters. best darn company god has gave us.