US INDOOR CHAMPS 2009

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US INDOOR CHAMPS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2009, 08:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

I miss the weight of the NIMH it seemed my car was not on the edge all the time. I could make the car comfortable. Now its on the edge all the time.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:56 PM
Tech Master

Changing the classes wont help anything but thats all i keep hearing about. for example: Some say lets get rid of foam tc ,but cleveland also offered rubber tire tc no one really showed up there's the rubber tire class u wanted but not a good turnout, so obviously thats not the issue. There are a few different classes but, believe it or not people do have and would like to race all those classes. The problem is what it cost to go to these races, entry fees,hotels ect.. it is a lot of races out there and the way the economy is people only plan on going to a few races a year thats just how it is right now. Maybe with a lot lower entry fee you would attract more people. Were not getting hand out motors anymore so just lower the entry fee and quit trying to make that extra dollar and have a race people can afford to go to. Vegas and snowbirds have pretty good turnouts because for the most part those are the few races people plan on going to. I perfer cleveland because its closer but it costs to much thats why i didnt go.

Think about it, if you wanted to go to a race but didnt, what was your reason for not going? Im sure you didnt say "man they have to many classes so im not going", its probably the cost it would take you to go.
Old 12-07-2009, 02:26 AM
Tech Champion

Cost is always "an" issue (one of many), but big events attract big running costs. More so if it's indoors, as you are hiring somewhere to race and then theres the price/size of venue to factor in too.

The lower the race fee is, the more people you have to attend to make it pay. Then there are prizes/trophies to consider too.

Agreed that some people are simply cutting back on their racing, too far to travel for a hobby and spend money for a hotel/eat/race fees/tyres etc etc...

Race fee's are a small part of the cost if you travel a long way though.
Old 12-07-2009, 04:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

If entry is $80 and they drop it to say $40, I don't feel that is gona help any for boosting enteries. Heck is a racer was gona go to the Champs and spend $500-800 for the week, do ya really think the extra $40 is a factor. I dont think so. There is many reasons many didnt attend many races this season. Personal finances, Promoting of events, Too many large events close together no less some near Holiday, Ect...
Old 12-07-2009, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

If so many people want some new "Triple Crown", spec this, or organized that, then make the effort YOURSELF and make it happen. Get on the phone and work on it. Quit waiting for someone else to do it.

It's what Paul, Chris, and I did with the Grand Slam. We wanted something to happen, so we made it happen.
Old 12-07-2009, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

My take on problems with the champs race are.
1 If your still running an old tplate car you were out gunned.There are some people who can't afford to buy a new car yet.
2This also means you didn't have lipos yet.
3Speed control cost once again if you didn't have the new one you were automatically behind the 8ball.
4too many days hotel stay $350+
5 Warmup race too close to champs race who can afford to go to both.
6 Too many classes dilutes others.
7 65 buck entrie fee for each class you only get one tshirt even though you payed for multiple classes .I know this is nickel & dime crap but money is money.
8 Economy economy economy.
The cost for someone to change there 12th scale from last yrs technologie to this yrs.
Car $200
2 Lipos $130
Speed control $200
Brushless motor $100
plus parts.
JMHO
BTW I think the organisers did a fine job this yr given the obstacles track was good all weekend racing was on time.What more do you need?
Old 12-07-2009, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (97%+)

Good times Ian, hope all is well.

Here is a good link on the USIC

http://www.ustriplecrown.com/Cleveland2002report.html Look at the mod results...many world champs in the D-B mains.

Last edited by Greg Amendola; 12-07-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think the primary reason for the drop in attendance is the economy. Than the next part of issue is the time of year the race is held. Thanksgiving weekend is probably not the best choice. I have attended the last 4 years but this will probably be my last. The other problem is 2 many races to close together. The classic and than the champs and then a Grand Slam race 2 weeks later. Something has to change or all these races with go the way of the dinosaur. Costs is becoming the major factor. There is only so much money people are willing to spend on a hobby.
Old 12-07-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

I don't think that any of these big races are worth going to anymore! What does 65.00 dollar entry fee get you? One expensive ass T-shirt, I think we need to support our local racing! And go race at our local track even if there a hour away. More guys at the track promotes more racing, we spend more money on one race that we would all year at our local track just to have our butts handed to us by a carrier stock driver. We do need larger races and they need to be more cost effective, and worth the money we pay to race at them. If you win a race in stock class you should not be alowed to race stock anymore! There should be more incentive to bring drivers to a event (And I don't meant t-shirts) Maybe hand out motor? Or some other product that would bring us there

Mybe there should be a spec tire for every class, in Europe racing is growing but it seems here in the US were stuck on stupid
Old 12-07-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

It is definitely time to support your local track. If you don't it will close. Just think how many weeks you could race with fresh tires if you skipped all the big races. You could have some pretty nice stuff for the $800-$900 you spend to go to one big race. And you can sleep in your own bed.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:22 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by gijoe64
I don't think that any of these big races are worth going to anymore! What does 65.00 dollar entry fee get you? One expensive ass T-shirt, I think we need to support our local racing! And go race at our local track even if there a hour away. More guys at the track promotes more racing, we spend more money on one race that we would all year at our local track just to have our butts handed to us by a carrier stock driver. We do need larger races and they need to be more cost effective, and worth the money we pay to race at them. If you win a race in stock class you should not be alowed to race stock anymore! There should be more incentive to bring drivers to a event (And I don't meant t-shirts) Maybe hand out motor? Or some other product that would bring us there

Mybe there should be a spec tire for every class, in Europe racing is growing but it seems here in the US were stuck on stupid
I agree with supporting your local track, but there are plenty of reasons to want to go to big races. To see friends from around the country. Competition levels you would never see at a club race. A vacation where all you have to do for a few days is play with toy cars. To me its fun and I wish I could make all the big races. It is just a matter of whether or not it is worth it to you.

Also I have seen "factory stock drivers" mentioned several times now in this thread about this race. Who ran stock this year that shouldnt have?
Old 12-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Greg Amendola
Good times Ian, hope all is well.

Here is a good link on the USIC

http://www.ustriplecrown.com/Cleveland2002report.html Look at the mod results...many world champs in the D-B mains.
Good Times indeed Greg!! Hope things are good for you as well.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tfirsching
I agree with supporting your local track, but there are plenty of reasons to want to go to big races. To see friends from around the country. Competition levels you would never see at a club race. A vacation where all you have to do for a few days is play with toy cars. To me its fun and I wish I could make all the big races. It is just a matter of whether or not it is worth it to you.

Also I have seen "factory stock drivers" mentioned several times now in this thread about this race. Who ran stock this year that shouldnt have?
hey tommy, like you said competition can be alot more difficult if you goto different events but if you look at our area home track we have an "A" main every week. where else can you find competition like that in your back yard?
Old 12-07-2009, 08:50 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by tfirsching

I said we do need big races, but look at whats going on in on-road. You don't get what you pay for at all, same guys are winning with no possible way to feel you have a chance at a big win or make the A.

You guys spend major money to compete and have fun, but what do you get? I tell you, broke and tired and a t-shirt lol! Come on in order to boost attendance there need to be some major changes and some level playing field at these events. Yes we need to cull the stock class of drivers that hang around to long, or have major sponsers. Maybe Frank, Wynn, Eli and all the other A-mainers should got to mod and bring back the excitment of mod racing and let someone else make the main or make space for the next guy, yes stock racing makes money but we need fresh faces and the hope we can make the main at large events. The large electric dirt oval events has already done the if you win stock your out, move on up no complants. I didn't say these events should go away but we need something for our hard earned dollar.
Old 12-07-2009, 08:52 PM
Tech Master

And my last vacation did cost as much to attend one of these events and I went to the Bahamas

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.