Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US INDOOR CHAMPS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2009, 06:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by LOW ET
you can kick out 10.5 wgt also and run the class as intended with a 13.5.

alright, so that would take us down to 7 classes, and also, anybody can run stock or mod, but lets face it, if you can run mod succesfully, its up to you to make the decison not to run stock.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I agree, It should be left as mod and stock for the classes. Good speed difference and keeps entry numbers high per class. Could be left open to let the racers choose what they want to run as some people really like 12th scale or sedan and that would allow them to run 2 classes with one car.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

i would like to re-phrase my wording regarding wgt. i only suggested to dump 10.5 and run 13.5 because that's what was agreed upon when the class was invented. if everyone feels 13.5 is to slow then dump 13.5 and run 10.5 and vise versa.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

A few of the fastest stock TCs are running the AE speedo, I believe, and it does make a difference. More straightaway speed and still mad rip on the infield.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:55 PM
Tech Adept

Here is what I would do...

5 classes only,
Stock and Mod Rubber TC
Stock and Mod 12 scale
TRANS AM FOR THE FUNSTERS, as someone else put it.

Dump foam TC everything to keep it simple for the average guy so he can justify going.
Shorten the weekend to finish on Saturday afternoon so everyone can be home by Sunday night at the latest. 5 days is just waaay tooo long.IMO.
Old 11-28-2009, 06:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KHoff7
I agree, It should be left as mod and stock for the classes. Good speed difference and keeps entry numbers high per class. Could be left open to let the racers choose what they want to run as some people really like 12th scale or sedan and that would allow them to run 2 classes with one car.
+1 for that. Stock and mod. Less classes, less days, and cheaper entry fees considering all u get anymore is a t-shirt.
Old 11-28-2009, 07:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by or8ital
How are the black diamond ESCs doing in the TC classes?
Eric Anderson ,Nash and Brad Johnson all ran them and got faster from practice....They do well in 2S applications too.....I also have seen good results from Castle (modded for 1S)..
Old 11-28-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Get rid of foam sedan? Are u mad? Do that and you'll never see me go back. There is nothing more exciting than watching the A main mod foam sedan. Way more fun than watching all the rubber cars climbing the boards and flipping each other over everytime they touch bumpers!
Old 11-28-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scootr117
Eric Anderson ,Nash and Brad Johnson all ran them and got faster from practice....They do well in 2S applications too.....I also have seen good results from Castle (modded for 1S)..
What was Eli running? He and EA had almost identical lap times and qualified within a half a second of each other. I heard that Eli had one in his 1/12 scale car but not sure about the TC.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:37 PM
Tech Master

+1 love foam sedan. yeah everyone lets just scrap our foam tire t3's photons,corally's yeah lets just waste 400-500$ dont think so. this attack on foam sedan is really old, well you still can run rubber if foam tire is still here. not including mod rubber there is more 17.5 foam than 13.5 rubber so ssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

i have a rubber and foam sedan and enjoy running both and want to continue running both.

not like my opinion matters but......................who would want to run after reading all the negative crap on here.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rosko
+1 love foam sedan. yeah everyone lets just scrap our foam tire t3's photons,corally's yeah lets just waste 400-500$ dont think so. this attack on foam sedan is really old, well you still can run rubber if foam tire is still here. not including mod rubber there is more 17.5 foam than 13.5 rubber so ssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

i have a rubber and foam sedan and enjoy running both and want to continue running both.

not like my opinion matters but......................who would want to run after reading all the negative crap on here.
That may be true for this race, but Rubber tire is quickly becoming the largest classes at the other big races. There were almost 200 entries for rubber at IIC alone. The foam classes had a very low turn out and mod foam got canceled all together. I think that regionally foam has a good following, but in general from Ohio west it is all rubber tire (for touring cars). As others have posted I think there are too many classes, and the race directors have a lot of work to do to figure out what they should provide for their race. Mike Boylan did it the right way...he posted on the forums "What classes would you like to see at a future race?" people responded and then he used that data to set his 2010 classes for Snowbirds. Very Smart!

At the end of the day it is all about the bottom line...what gets people to the track to race? If foam is what people want at your local club then that is what they should provide. If it is rubber or other classes then so be it, but for big races that are designed to bring people from out of town then you cannot make your class list in a bubble. See what the people want and provide it. If a race director cannot get the classes correct then it is their fault for not doing their homework.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:00 PM
Tech Adept

Don't get me wrong, I like foam as much as you guys but I feel it will be forced out in the long run....again,just my opinion.
Old 11-28-2009, 09:08 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

does anyone else think they might get forced into buying one (or more) of these $350+ speedos? a tekin was one thing.. but now you can almost have three tekins for the price of one of the touring car speedos. maybe modified classes will have a come back because of the black diamond
Old 11-28-2009, 09:09 PM
Tech Master

some many against foams well lets just get rid of 1/12th also you need fifty million pair of tires but no one complains about that and your 350+dollar speed controls, yeah thats very cost effective since everyone wants to talk about cost well, you forgot one
Old 11-28-2009, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

even if foams did go away people would find something about rubber tires to complain about ....the never ending story

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.