Wiki Posts
Search

US INDOOR CHAMPS 2009

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2009, 08:08 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Unemployment

Originally Posted by or8ital
That explains only 10% of the drop in attendance (since 5% unemployment is considered basically 0). I'm guessing unemployment is a relatively small reason why there is a drop. Unless unemployment is disproportionately effecting RC racers.
It is huge factor in lack of attendance at the race. You have to think 10.2% unemployment. Keep in the mind that is only people register for benefits and looking. Economist say it is closer to 17% to 20% the real number. Now lets think that another 25% of the work force think they may lose there job. So it big factor this year. With the down economy and Christmas right around the counter it has an effect. My son and I did attend the Indoor Champs. The entry fee is low as compared to what it costs to rent a ballroom. Call your local Holiday Inn and check the price to rent it for 6 days. I think you might be surprised how expenses it is. Ever race has it problems no doubt. But the biggest problem I see is everyone wants to complain but no one wants to step up and help.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

RC is made up of two types of people. People who can afford it and those that don't know they cant. So unemployment only effects half the racers. So if real unemployment is 17.5 then we are only looking at 8.75%

...fun with statistics.

Now let's get back to learning about who really was and wasn't running the BD speedo. That's what I wanna know.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:13 PM
Regional Moderator

It's common knowledge that sponsored drivers don't always run what they write on their sponsor sheets, and it happens in all classes. A smart sponsored driver *always* writes down their sponsors' names on the equipment sponsor sheets. If something new comes out at a big race, they'll run whatever gives them the best chance of winning, especially if the pits are out of camera range.
Old 11-29-2009, 08:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Unemployment

Originally Posted by or8ital
That explains only 10% of the drop in attendance (since 5% unemployment is considered basically 0). I'm guessing unemployment is a relatively small reason why there is a drop. Unless unemployment is disproportionately effecting RC racers.
It is huge factor in lack of attendance at the race. You have to think 10.2% unemployment. Keep in the mind that is only people register for benefits and are looking.( I believe the number is higher current administration not reported actual numbers) Economist say it is closer to 17% to 20% the real number. Now lets think that another 25% of the work force think they may lose there job. So it big factor this year. With the down economy and Christmas right around the counter it has an effect. My son and I did attend the Indoor Champs. The entry fee is low as compared to what it costs to rent a ballroom. Call your local Holiday Inn and check the price to rent it for 6 days. I think you might be surprised how expenses it is. Ever race has it problems no doubt. But the biggest problem I see is everyone wants to complain but no one wants to step up and help.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
I'm not sure I agree. As I understand it, waay back in the day, Cleveland was a 1:12-only race. And to look at the 2009 entries and results so far, I would say that 1:12 is running deep and fast. As for TC's, yeah, attendance is down. But that's not exactly the end of the world, though many seem to think so. I would say the prestige is still very high for those driving the original, and still the best, indoor class.
Best post in this thread.
Old 11-29-2009, 09:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
It's common knowledge that sponsored drivers don't always run what they write on their sponsor sheets, and it happens in all classes. A smart sponsored driver *always* writes down their sponsors' names on the equipment sponsor sheets. If something new comes out at a big race, they'll run whatever gives them the best chance of winning, especially if the pits are out of camera range.
I am sure when they said Tekin if they were in the A-Main the meant Advanced Electronics. It is the nature of the beast. What is fastest we will run. Even if your sponsored you not going to let yourself get schooled. I am sure alot the drivers you usually were no shows because of the Advanced Advantage. The Indoor Champs Hotel race. No one knows whats under the body.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Just got home man what a race to remember. I've never experienced before what I experienced at this race. I'm kinda speechless.
Old 11-29-2009, 10:29 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by martin660
I am sure when they said Tekin if they were in the A-Main the meant Advanced Electronics. It is the nature of the beast. What is fastest we will run. Even if your sponsored you not going to let yourself get schooled. I am sure alot the drivers you usually were no shows because of the Advanced Advantage. The Indoor Champs Hotel race. No one knows whats under the body.
Make sure u know what u are talking about before you post. There were tekins in the 17.5 foam, 13.5 rubber and 17.5 12th scale class A mains. And it's called loyality both my cars had Tekin in them and didn't think about removing them.
Old 11-30-2009, 02:43 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by martin660
It is huge factor in lack of attendance at the race. You have to think 10.2% unemployment. Keep in the mind that is only people register for benefits and are looking.( I believe the number is higher current administration not reported actual numbers) Economist say it is closer to 17% to 20% the real number. Now lets think that another 25% of the work force think they may lose there job. So it big factor this year. With the down economy and Christmas right around the counter it has an effect. My son and I did attend the Indoor Champs. The entry fee is low as compared to what it costs to rent a ballroom. Call your local Holiday Inn and check the price to rent it for 6 days. I think you might be surprised how expenses it is. Ever race has it problems no doubt. But the biggest problem I see is everyone wants to complain but no one wants to step up and help.
Yeah, just ask the Gate crew.. Now wondering how to keep their track open since the Halloween Race
Old 11-30-2009, 05:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

I think some of the problem is heavily sponsored sand baggers. Make the Top 10 at Cleveland, Vegas, Snowbirds or similar big races, 10 Times and I think you need to move up to Modified. Sand Bagging is ridiculous in on road

4 Classses
1/12th mod and stock
Touring mod and stock.

I could personally do without Touring cars. 1/12th cars were made for indoor racing.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:17 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by dmatter
I think some of the problem is heavily sponsored sand baggers. Make the Top 10 at Cleveland, Vegas, Snowbirds or similar big races, 10 Times and I think you need to move up to Modified. Sand Bagging is ridiculous in on road
The North East Grand Slam series attempts to correct this by preventing A Main Stock top 5 finishers in the last 5 years from running Stock. For example, Eli won the Carpet Nats in TC stock in March, so he has to run Pro Class (10.5) in the NEGS. But, most big races don't do this, like Cleveland.

Originally Posted by dmatter
1/12th cars were made for indoor racing.
While that may be the perception, several IFMAR World Championships have run 1/12 outdoor on asphalt.

Last edited by CarbonJoe; 11-30-2009 at 08:42 AM.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:09 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

how many racers were there this year?
Old 11-30-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball
quick question:

how did mod 12th manage to tq 3.5 laps faster than ss-12th, if the new speedo is a half second faster?

historically, stock >> ss >> mod were all ~.5 apart/lap (give or take). so if the new esc is that much faster, you should only need a 13.5 to run at the front of the modified class. and the stock class should be running .5 sec back from mod. yet, looking at the tq runs for stock, ss, and mod 12th, the separation is pretty much the same as it's always been. and i'm not certain, but i think both blackstock and cyrul should have been running something other than the luscious diamond esc.

talk to me, here, folks. or did everyone sell out?
What you are forgetting is 1S lipo 17.5 and 13.5 were way slower than round cells, thats where you are missing in your comparison to mod.

In mod now we are also able to run 3.5 and 4.0 winds now where before we could only run 4.5 and 5.0. In stock fast lap was 9.9 with the new speedo and mod was 8.9, 1 second like it use to be. If you did not have an advanced speedo in stock you were running 10.3's or higher. Just ask the fast guys with regular speedos how much faster they were when they put in the new one, it was .3-.5 for hot lap. When I tested at the gate the regular speedos in 13.5 were 1 second slower than mod, now with the new speedo you are only .5 or so slower than mod like it was with round cells.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicky03
What you are forgetting is 1S lipo 17.5 and 13.5 were way slower than round cells, thats where you are missing in your comparison to mod.
i assumed 1c slowed mod down proportionately, but dropping winds would do the trick, if there's fuel in the tank. makes sense.
Old 11-30-2009, 09:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by CarbonJoe
The North East Grand Slam series attempts to correct this by preventing A Main Stock top 5 finishers in the last 5 years from running Stock. For example, Eli won the Carpet Nats in TC stock in March, so he has to run Pro Class (10.5) in the NEGS. But, most big races don't do this, like Cleveland.

While that may be the perception, several IFMAR World Championships have run 1/12 outdoor on asphalt.

Glad to see someone doing something about the Baggers! What I meant about 1/12th scales being made for indoor, is that they are more scale and better suited for the small tracks. Touring cars are too big for most indoor tracks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.