R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-30-2003, 04:34 AM   #31
Tech Regular

i thought about doing that...
... then looked in my wallet

to tell the truth im 100% satisfied with my evo, havent stripped a gear since june ( also when i switched to a diff in the front ) , but even now when i try out the one way, shimmed up its fine, take out the shimms its still fine , even after collisions the square gear boxes do really really help. i want a penguin plate just to add to the security, anyone want to send me a few ?
Evo_Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 07:18 AM   #32
Tech Addict

Send a message via ICQ to Cobra81li200

Quote:
Originally posted by jackflash
EVO3 has certain issues which will be addressed in EVO4... If you love Tamiya, then get the TRF415 while waiting for the EVO4...
???? Do you really think everybody can afford to buy a new car every 6 months ?
Cobra81li200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 07:41 AM   #33
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Runin Ronin the R2 cuda is not without it's problems to,it likes to eat spur gears,if you tap a board or get hit it will be gone by the end of the race(spur gear)the fix for that is about $80.that's why Alex made the R3,to address this problem.the rest of the car seems to hold up better than most.As far as the Yokomo's breaking alot,Yokomo is pretty good on making improvements in the design of their parts and they tend to stay with the same car alot longer than Tamiya does.one more thing,you should know what parts are breaking on the car you race and have some spares,in the area where I race if you race a car thats NOT a Losi or an Associated you have to carry alot of spares because none of the hobby shops have very many parts for other TC's.
Oasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 12:49 PM   #34
Tech Regular

......conclusion : BUY A TL01 ABSOLUTE BULLET PROOF
Evo_Uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2003, 01:47 PM   #35
Tech Lord

Or a 414MII,or break out the coin and buy a 415..
Old 12-01-2003, 01:22 AM   #36
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by xxxkat
Runin Ronin the R2 cuda is not without it's problems to,it likes to eat spur gears,if you tap a board or get hit it will be gone by the end of the race(spur gear)the fix for that is about $80.that's why Alex made the R3,to address this problem.the rest of the car seems to hold up better than most.As far as the Yokomo's breaking alot,Yokomo is pretty good on making improvements in the design of their parts and they tend to stay with the same car alot longer than Tamiya does.one more thing,you should know what parts are breaking on the car you race and have some spares,in the area where I race if you race a car thats NOT a Losi or an Associated you have to carry alot of spares because none of the hobby shops have very many parts for other TC's.
xxxkat,

I am assuming you are talking about the PAL Speedway correct? If so, I will be ordering it soon unless SpeedTech comes up with a Xenon Stage 2 kit soon and I'll be getting that instead. Other than the PAL or Xenon kit, that is the only hop-up I need... from what I understand.
Runin Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 03:55 PM   #37
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Talking

Ronin, can you buy driving skills at Speedtech too? If so, I suggest you buy some, or at least some lessons
hierog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 07:24 PM   #38
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally posted by jackflash
EVO3 has certain issues which will be addressed in EVO4...

Do you remember similar words being said a year and a half or so ago.

It went something like this......

The EVO2 has certain issues which will be addressed in EVO3.

If you read the early posts in the EvoIII thread you would have thought it was going to be the greatest thing on the planet. Now all you hear is how annoyed people are with their car and Quotes like "Why do I feel like I've been ripped off after buying this car???"

My advice is Don't rush out and buy the new 415 or Evo 4 as soon as it hits the shelves. Wait to see how it performs in the real world in the hands of the average driver. Don't believe the Hype you hear from the guys who have to make the car look good for the sake of their sponsorship contracts...

Just my thoughts

Last edited by CustomfibreR/C; 12-01-2003 at 09:20 PM.
CustomfibreR/C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 09:10 PM   #39
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by hierog
Ronin, can you buy driving skills at Speedtech too? If so, I suggest you buy some, or at least some lessons
Hierog,

Yeah, actually I can buy some driving skills at Speedtech... the thing is IT'S stuck in customs right now!

As for the lessons... I already learned the most important one... I bought the SD not the Evo 3
Runin Ronin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 10:23 PM   #40
Tech Lord

The PAL motor mounts help a ton and you can use 64 pitch gears,but you still need to get the alum. shaft holders and that will keep drive line flex at bay.Pal also makes a real trick drive shaft but it's only good for stock motors.