Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 01-09-2004, 05:39 PM   #196
che
Tech Regular

What about a monster arm in a BS can?
che is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2004, 07:59 PM   #197
Tech Adept

I've been meaining to try Monster arms in BS cans and vice versa, but haven't gotten around to it. Being a natural born skeptic, what I'm expecting to find is that most if not all of the new proformance comes from the arm having fewer lamminations as aposed to the can having split magnets... Which if true would be really funny because Trinty could have introduced a legal stock motor if they'd just left the damb can the same...

The main reason I speculate that the can is not magic... is because all my other testing of quad cans with 19 turn arms, leads me to beleive there is virtualy no differacne in power output related to quad magnets...

There may be some differance in really low wind Modified motors and Quad cans, but I just don't think it translates directly to motors with 19 turns and higher...

But it's all good marketiing anytime you can get people to buy something by makeing it differnt...
DynoMoHum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2004, 05:09 PM   #198
Tech Fanatic

i bought the pro BS, are the stock brushes good, or should i change to what? 767's, 4499.....(but not putnam, heheh)
pro3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2004, 03:58 PM   #199
Tech Adept

I mangaged to get some testing done today... At first glance it seems like the new Binary2 'outlaw' stock can hinders proformance more then it helps it...

I dynoed the 'outlaw' arm in both a Binary2 'outlaw' can and in a Monster can... and it looks to me like the arm runs better in the Monster can...

I did basicly the same thing with a Monster arm... it runs wors in the Binary2 'outlaw' can...

I did not track testing, so I can't say with 100% certianty that this would play out on the track... but it sure seems that way to me based on my previous experiance...
Old 01-11-2004, 11:09 PM   #200
Tom
Tech Regular

I have read the BS is now legal?

Is this true?
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 08:29 AM   #201
Tech Adept

Tom: Some tracks have decided to allow it regardless of whether or not it is legal. The motor does not fit the existing ROAR rules for stock class, so it will only become ROAR legal if the ROAR rules get changed to allow quad magnets.

The following URL lists the motors that are currently ROAR legal:
http://www.roarracing.com/products/smotor.htm
Shiloh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 10:04 AM   #202
Tech Adept

No the BS 'outlaw' is still a outlaw... At least as far as ROAR is concerned... I don't think there are any imediate plans to change that either...

Perhaps you were confused by some changes that ROAR is making to the '19 turn limited modified' class... this class
is basicly a oval thing, and had been restircted to using only 2 magnets (as well as other restrictions such as 19 turns and maximum of 36 degrees timing, etc...) But this year 2004, ROAR will allow more then 2 magnets in this '19 turn lmited modified' class... This is totaly seperate from the "Stock" motor class and should not be confused with anything else.
Old 01-12-2004, 12:25 PM   #203
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Heat

What is to be done about the temp these get to? I'm about to install a fan.
jc510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 04:03 PM   #204
Tom
Tech Regular

Yeah but that list hasent been updated for a while

I have read from the 1st of Jan 04 they are legal

so we will have to wait and see
Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 04:08 PM   #205
TGR
Tech Initiate

Whoah, that will be important for us over here in little old New Zealand.

Our rules say stock motors must be ROAR legal.

I know that some over here (but not many) have the BS and intend to run them at our Nationals which are only a few days away on 24 and 25 January 2004.

Anyone know for sure whether ROAR has made the BS legal???

If we email ROAR will they reply?

Do the give any formal notice (other than on the web site) of making new motors lega??

Cheers.

TGR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 04:53 PM   #206
RCTech Member #2

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to TSR6

They are not "legal" by roar as far as I am aware of, but most tracks have been allowing them.
RCTech Member #2

The postings and views expressed on this site are my own and do not necessarily reflect the positions, strategies, or opinions of any company I may be employed by.
TSR6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 11:30 PM   #207
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

TTT - any more information from anybody about these motors?
hierog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 09:35 AM   #208
Tech Fanatic

no torque, nothing, zippo, nadda, if your track is any bit on the tighter side, any bit, run the monster, if it truly is open, then run the epic, but first go get your magnets zapped.
pro3racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2004, 10:17 AM   #209
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TexRacer

K guys here's some info on the binary's.
On a fantom dyno they will look like crap.I think it's something to do with the software or something.
I can put it on a TurboDyno or a Quillen with great results.
I am running them on BIG FREE FLOWING tracks only.1/12th scale,sedan and even offroad buggy.
767 brushes with the trailing edge trimed just a lil.In 1/12th scale on a bigger track it's more noticeable than anything else.
This motor is NOT LEGAL and will not even have a chance of it till 2005.Roar has made it a point to vote once a year.So for the 2004 season 4 magnet stock motor's are ILLEGAL as we speak.
Old 03-19-2004, 01:16 AM   #210
Tech Adept

Send a message via AIM to Beeb

Any new info on these motors? I'm planning on running a Pro4 with the BS at 98/30.

any problems or improvements with that setup?
Beeb is offline   Reply With Quote