Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What's the best car out?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Adept

Default What's the best car out?

I have a corally RDX Phi but I have been out of electric on-road for about a year. Who has the best all around car? What the best set up as far as motor and speed control?
Old 03-21-2009, 08:48 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Heh, that kind of question is just gonna start an argument.
Old 03-21-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Apprentice

Mine is the best car in the world !!!
Old 03-21-2009, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 99problems
I have a corally RDX Phi but I have been out of electric on-road for about a year. Who has the best all around car? What the best set up as far as motor and speed control?
Whatever catches your eye and makes you want to buy it. Better yet, go with whatever people are racing at your track. Easier to get help and parts (in case the store is out or your stock is out).
Old 03-21-2009, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Not much has changed, other than the explosion of LiPos. You have a good car already, and Novak, Tekin, LRP, speed passion are still the top compition motors on the market. Go with what the shop has, and or, drivers are using.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

As someone already stated, I'm sure this will end in an argument before it is over with, but I'll throw in my .02 because you did ask and you are looking for helpful insight. There are probably 8-9 high end TC's that are all very capable of getting the job done in the right hands. They all have their ups and downs just like anything else. I will, however, make a suggetion, based on my opinion. I just finished building my new X-Ray T2 '009 this week and it is without a doubt the finest kit that I have ever assembled. EVERY single part fits to perfection and it is honestly an absolute joy to build and has some really nice improvements over the '008 (which is a great car to begin with too). As someone said also, it does make things easier to choose a car that your LHS supports, and if they don't support X-Ray, let's find out why and get them set up to be a dealer! Tomorrow will be the first time out for my '009, so we will see how it goes. Whatever car you choose, good luck to you and most importantly, HAVE FUN!!

Zach
Old 03-21-2009, 09:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Old 03-21-2009, 09:41 AM
Suspended

There is no best anything.
If there was as simple of an answer to your question then everyone would have already bought the best and all the other companies would be out of business and there would be one TC, one 1/10th pan, one 1/12th car, one 2wd off-road, one 4wd buggy, one stadium truck, one truggy, one buggy, one monster truck, one or two mini's and life would be simpler for everyone.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

I still love my Type R Losi, and have yet to find a newer car out there better enough to justify the $500 investment to change. I never would have thought I'd have the car three racing seasons when I pre-ordered it an eon ago.

She's worn out, loose, and fast. That ain't always a bad thing.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trips
Damnit... my GPS always does this to me!
Old 03-22-2009, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

paper mashet
Old 03-22-2009, 09:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 80 (100%+)

I don't think it is a horrible question.

I'll answer the best I can. I have a tc4 and bought it because it seemed to be popular. The two closest LHS had it in stock and stock a good amount of parts for it. I know there is a FT tc4 and a TC5 that comes in a few variations. The FT tc4 is a hopped up tc4 and the TC5 is a whole new car based on belt instead of shaft.

That's all I got for ya. Maybe someone who has driven a few more cars can comment.

--pakk
Old 03-22-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

No such thing.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:31 PM
Tech Regular

what motor class and tyre will u be running? that will narrow it down alot

cheers
Old 03-22-2009, 03:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

there's no "best" car. if their were a best car everyone would have the same car.

every car is a best car with the right setup and driver.

my tc5r is crap due to wrong setup at the moment. my driving skills are getting better on the track.

but if my tc5r were in the hands of a pro driver. it will become the best car because of skill.

anyone feel me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.