Wiki Posts
Search

***TAMIYA TA05-MS COMPATIBLE PARTS HELP NEEDED***

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Lightbulb ***TAMIYA TA05-MS COMPATIBLE PARTS HELP NEEDED***

HI ALL, I NEED SOME HELP SOURCING FRONT AND REAR ARMS, CHUBS AND KNUCKLES IN BLUE ALLOY FOR A TA05-MS IF I DECIDE TO TURN IT INTO A SHELF QUEEN.

THE TA05 ONES DONT WORK AS I HAVE TRIED THEM. FROM WHAT I READ SOME OF THE EVOLUTION 4 & 5 PARTS CROSS OVER TO THE TA05-MS.

ANY HELP OR INFO WOULD BE GREAT IN PARTICULAR PART NUMBERS AND WHERE THEY CAN BE BOUGHT FROM.

IVE SEEN THE EVOLUTION 5 ARMS LISTED ON THE RCMART SITE AND THEY LOOK TO BE THE RIGHT ONES. CAN ANYONE CONFIRM PLEASE
Old 05-06-2009, 09:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The TA05-MS uses the parts from the orignial light-weight reversible suspension. All these parts were standard equipment on the 415-MSX and later...

As for the alloy, you may want to skip it. Tamiya only made the rear uprights, so any front uprights and c-hubs will be aftermarket. Square probably makes the nicest matching blue ones, but that's about it. Most other brands get the blue color way wrong...
Old 05-06-2009, 09:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

...THANKS MATE. SO THE 415 FRONT AND REAR SUSPENSION SET UP ARE THE SAME AS THE 05MS?
Old 05-07-2009, 11:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by exotica
...THANKS MATE. SO THE 415 FRONT AND REAR SUSPENSION SET UP ARE THE SAME AS THE 05MS?
Yes, but only on the 415-MSX and later. The 415-MS and earlier have different suspension.

I think the parts your looking for are considered Evo-4 parts. You can look up all the part numbers online here. Just click the "product manual" link in the upper right corner...

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=42103