Old 10-14-2009, 01:15 AM   #106
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to louis flood

ha ha ur right
Old 10-14-2009, 02:26 AM   #107
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)
Default wouldn't two jumpers be necessary if jumpers are used?

I'd imagine that the saddle pack would have to be wired in parallel. You would actually have two identical bricks that are the size of two sub-c cells that are probably anywhere between 2000 to 2500 mAhs each at 3.7v. This would give you a pack that is 4000 to 5000 mAhs total at 3.7v. The packs should not be hard wired together. The advantage of having them separate is that racers can configure it to their cars. The other advantage of having them separate is that you would be able to charge this as a 2-cell pack on a balance charger. If the cells can actually take a 5C charge, it would be more realistic to be able to charge a 2-cell battery at 10amps than a 1-cell pack at 20 amps.
esymr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 12:43 PM   #108
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

This is what I imagine for a brick\saddle pack. Envision a current brick 1S pack (e.g. SMC 4900 with internal connectors) and cut it in half (so each half is like the size of two sub c's). For a brick configuration the jumper can be a solid male\male plug which connects into the + and - of each half. For a saddle pack configuration create a male\male jumper to whatever length you want. This pack would work for both link and t-bars cars quite easily.
Apex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 01:08 PM   #109
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 108 (100%+)

I think I left out the fact that it would be charged in series and used in parallel configuration in the car.
esymr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 03:44 PM   #110
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

50C soon
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 04:00 PM   #111
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

RCmarket, 50c soon what?? saddle, 1s, 2s airplane pack, very vague.... and how soon is "soon"?
Old 10-14-2009, 04:56 PM   #112
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC MARKET View Post
50C soon
Please respect the subject of this thread and make a new thread if necessary. Thanks!

2017 Canadian National Champion//2016 ROAR National Champion//2016 Canadian National Champion//2012 ROAR National Champion//Region 5 Champion//2011 Cleveland Indoor Champions
Gavin Creado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:19 PM   #113
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

When are these going to be released??? Racing season is starting!!
mauromj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:17 PM   #114
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to TVMRocket69 Send a message via Yahoo to TVMRocket69

Hello Gavin. Hows the Saddle lipo comin. I have about 6 sold once available.

Thanks.
AnswerUSA-RC Team Driver, G's R/C Raceway Team Driver, RBMods Team Driver, Kosmic R/C Fuel Team Driver, MurfDogg Motorworks Team Driver, Serpent S811B, Serpent S811t, MurfDogg Powered V-Desizn Carpet Ripper 5
TVMRocket69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:03 AM   #115
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi everyone,

Here is the update. I have discussed with Ruben at ROAR and awaiting some answers.

I did not want to go ahead and produce and then have an issue with ROAR, even though there are no current rules for a 1S saddle lipo. I personally don't see an issue with my dimensions, but just want some sort of approval from ROAR to go ahead.

As far as dimensions; here is what they will be:

Height: 23mm
Width: 46mm
Length: 46.5mm

The height might be tight in some cars but there is just no way to get it any smaller and still get a decent mah rating.

Let me know if there are any questions.

Thanks.

2017 Canadian National Champion//2016 ROAR National Champion//2016 Canadian National Champion//2012 ROAR National Champion//Region 5 Champion//2011 Cleveland Indoor Champions
Gavin Creado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 11:46 AM   #116
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Creado View Post
Hi everyone,

Here is the update. I have discussed with Ruben at ROAR and awaiting some answers.

I did not want to go ahead and produce and then have an issue with ROAR, even though there are no current rules for a 1S saddle lipo. I personally don't see an issue with my dimensions, but just want some sort of approval from ROAR to go ahead.

The height might be tight in some cars but there is just no way to get it any smaller and still get a decent mah rating.

Thanks.
yes, when can we buy some :-)
Old 10-22-2009, 01:27 PM   #117
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin Creado View Post
Hi everyone,

Thanks.
So what is the H x W x L of two sub-c cell put together? That might up use that have no clue on if they will fit or not. Thanks.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:30 PM   #118
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (99%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz_S View Post
So what is the H x W x L of two sub-c cell put together? That might up use that have no clue on if they will fit or not. Thanks.

The sub C's that I have are 21mm X 45mm X 46mm including the battery bars. So these will be a tight fit but will work I think.

Edited to add: Just a thought but if everyone would measure out two pieces of paper the size that Gavin is going with(width and length); use those to lay on your chassis to check fit. I've tried it on three different chassis and found no issues that would prohibit me from using this size. But if anyone comes across a problem it would be better addressed now than later.

CMDezigns Paint Works
https://www.facebook.com/pages/CM-Dezigns/259989190822177?ref=hl

Last edited by chris moore; 10-22-2009 at 02:41 PM.
chris moore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:10 AM   #119
Tech Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris moore View Post
The sub C's that I have are 21mm X 45mm X 46mm including the battery bars. So these will be a tight fit but will work I think.

Edited to add: Just a thought but if everyone would measure out two pieces of paper the size that Gavin is going with(width and length); use those to lay on your chassis to check fit. I've tried it on three different chassis and found no issues that would prohibit me from using this size. But if anyone comes across a problem it would be better addressed now than later.

Thanks that will help

Lipo Height: 23mm x Width: 46mm x Length: 46.5mm
Sub C Height 21mm x Width: 45mm x Length: 46mm

great idea about the paper now just hope it not to tall.

Edited to add: what cars did you try them in?
Old 10-25-2009, 07:07 PM   #120
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I tried the proposed dimensions using a CEFX Chassis and Parma Speed 8 and Parma HD body...it's a close fit as I have the bodies slammed as low as possible but it works. I do not have a Protoform to try but expect it to be a non-issue.

I can not wait to use this saddle pack in a t-bar chassis.

on another note...not sure who posted it but 50C? what's the point? Not as if the pack can discharge at the claimed C rating due to the limitations of the wires and connectors. A 50C/4000 pack can be discharged at 200 continuous amps with burst over 400 amps. Good luck with that under RC applications...A 40C is more than enough for our needs...especially in 1/12th scale.

Gavin...we are all excited and waiting? Please keep us updated.