Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Speedzone 3.7v Lipo 4800mAh 30C >

Speedzone 3.7v Lipo 4800mAh 30C

Speedzone 3.7v Lipo 4800mAh 30C

Old 01-22-2010, 07:18 PM
  #241  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (11)
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: RVA
Posts: 455
Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
Tim,

If your reply was to SteveL then I think you might have misread him. He's an oldschool racer, In fact he owned his own RC Business a few years ago. I think he is just curious about the two types of packs and how they compare. I know a few tbar guys in my club that converted over to the "brick" style have made similar comments about the Speedzone pack.

Gavin did good and we will remember he did it first.

Steve
It was not directly at SteveL, but I don't want to see all the haters coming out to bash something that really has no direct comparison. I do know T-bar guys are going to want the same performance as stick packs, and I think they have it, and with what is started here. Wait, watch, and see who jumps on the saddle pack band wagon.
Tim
got2bqik is offline  
Old 01-22-2010, 07:30 PM
  #242  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 904
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by got2bqik View Post
What will you compare it too????? Does anyone else offer a 1S saddle pack???If you want to fight the battery war go back to a link car and have at it. What this man did for T-bar cars is great, none of the other manufactures did it. Don't start trying to take it down, the others will be doing it soon enough. But remember he did it first, all others will be copies.
Tim
To clarify, and thank you Corallyman for sticking up for me, I would like to see if the performance matches the 1s stick packs that are already out before shelling out hard earned dollars on something that has not been proven. Yes, I'm old school and in fact run a 7 year old IRS t-bar car with a 1s stick pack and very happy with the way it runs. (see photos below) As Corallyman said, I was in the R/c business from '94-'99 and matched batteries for a living along with building motors, accessories and an oval car kit, so I do know my way around. I am in no way trying to discredit the new saddle pack, just trying to confirm that it will compete with what's out there. I would be just as happy if someone else could post test results. Until one of these packs has a good showing at a big race or I see some unbiased test results, I will keep running what I have. For the sake of all t-bar lovers out there, I hope these are as good as advertised.





SteveL is offline  
Old 01-24-2010, 09:02 PM
  #243  
Company Representative
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Gavin Creado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 763
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
Why not have bullet plugs in both sides so that the user can make the wires whatever length they need to be? I personaly would not use a Dean's plug in a 1/12 scale car and want to use super fexible wire like the TQ 13 gauge.

Has anyone been able to check one of these on a Turbo 35 or something to compare voltage out put and IR to a 1s stick pack?
Steve, the reason I went away from the bullet connectors involves way too many reasons to try and explain, but one of them was indeed increased resistance. It was such a long process to get this pack to market because I wanted to offer the best and not have a pack out dated in a few months. I went through many variations before finalizing on our production packs.

FYI...here is a pic of the initial design.




Originally Posted by Sixgears View Post
These do not fit Slapmaster MS3 perfectly in case anyone was wondering, I am going to machine a 3mm spacer and possibly make it available to the public that will cure the issue. Here are a couple pics, pre spacer.





Thanks for making these available Gavin!
Thanks Dustin... Pack looks good in the car even without the spacer.
Gavin Creado is offline  
Old 01-24-2010, 09:28 PM
  #244  
Company Representative
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Gavin Creado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 763
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by got2bqik View Post
What will you compare it too????? Does anyone else offer a 1S saddle pack???If you want to fight the battery war go back to a link car and have at it. What this man did for T-bar cars is great, none of the other manufactures did it. Don't start trying to take it down, the others will be doing it soon enough. But remember he did it first, all others will be copies.
Tim
Thanks for the support Tim. I am sure that there will be copies but that is the nature of the industry. I think I took on a challenge that no one else wanted to... I have always stated that I don't have the amount of resources as the "big companies" nor do we really sponsor drivers anymore but my passion for this hobby and producing quality products is second to none. And that is not intended to dis-credit any other company out there.


SteveL, you have every right to express your concerns, especially when spending money in the current economy. But, the very reason I did not post any numbers was to avoid debates like this. Too often I have seen companies post numbers and that starts a headed debate. I hope you understand my reasoning. Now, I still feel the packs that we have produced are competition ready but unfortunately I don't have the likes of a Mike Blackstock or Josh Cyrul to pull fast laps and prove the pack worthy.

Remember that for the average racer, no matter how good a pack, one hit in 12th scale and any advantage of a pack is out the door.

Having said all that, if everyone wants me to still post numbers, I can. I have nothing to hide or gain.

Thanks to all for your support, input and concerns. I'll do my best to respond to PMs and post in a timely manner.
Gavin Creado is offline  
Old 01-24-2010, 09:59 PM
  #245  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (23)
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 904
Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Gavin Creado View Post
Thanks for the support Tim. I am sure that there will be copies but that is the nature of the industry. I think I took on a challenge that no one else wanted to... I have always stated that I don't have the amount of resources as the "big companies" nor do we really sponsor drivers anymore but my passion for this hobby and producing quality products is second to none. And that is not intended to dis-credit any other company out there.


SteveL, you have every right to express your concerns, especially when spending money in the current economy. But, the very reason I did not post any numbers was to avoid debates like this. Too often I have seen companies post numbers and that starts a headed debate. I hope you understand my reasoning. Now, I still feel the packs that we have produced are competition ready but unfortunately I don't have the likes of a Mike Blackstock or Josh Cyrul to pull fast laps and prove the pack worthy.

Remember that for the average racer, no matter how good a pack, one hit in 12th scale and any advantage of a pack is out the door.

Having said all that, if everyone wants me to still post numbers, I can. I have nothing to hide or gain.

Thanks to all for your support, input and concerns. I'll do my best to respond to PMs and post in a timely manner.

Gavin....I completely understand your position and respect your decision to not post any numbers. Each manufacturer uses different equipment, charge and discharge rates for cycling and different environments, all of which will skew numbers. I'm just trying to find someone that has one of your packs that is willing to compare it to a couple of the well known others and confirm that they are all comparable. I would assume that as you ship more product, someone will be able to do this. They don't even need to post numbers, just tell us if there is a difference in lap times or numbers on their Turbo 35. For the sake of all t-bar lovers out there, I hope that they are comparable and that you sell everything you can make.
SteveL is offline  
Old 01-25-2010, 09:54 AM
  #246  
Company Representative
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
Gavin Creado's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 763
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SteveL View Post
Gavin....I completely understand your position and respect your decision to not post any numbers. Each manufacturer uses different equipment, charge and discharge rates for cycling and different environments, all of which will skew numbers. I'm just trying to find someone that has one of your packs that is willing to compare it to a couple of the well known others and confirm that they are all comparable. I would assume that as you ship more product, someone will be able to do this. They don't even need to post numbers, just tell us if there is a difference in lap times or numbers on their Turbo 35. For the sake of all t-bar lovers out there, I hope that they are comparable and that you sell everything you can make.
Steve, no worries. Glad you understand. If you want to chat about numbers, please PM me. I'll be happy to discuss further.

If I post numbers, it would seem biased. So I prefer to hear unbiased feedback from the user community.

Disclaimer: I do not recommend doing this! But for anyone trying to get numbers from the packs, you should use a GFX with the sensor leads on the battery side...but PLEASE be careful...you don't want to short the pack.
Gavin Creado is offline  
Old 01-25-2010, 10:36 AM
  #247  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (31)
 
Carl Giordano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Upper Saddle River, NJ
Posts: 2,473
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Trying to load photos..(2mb) and unable to do so...can someone help me? Thanks
Carl Giordano is offline  
Old 01-25-2010, 11:00 AM
  #248  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (101)
 
corallyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: Edmonds, Wash
Posts: 4,689
Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default

Carl,

You need to reduce the pictures to a smaller size. I think I use a microsoft Picture Manager or something like that. Once you edit the size down you cat attach 5 pictures per post. They will appear as thumbnails.

Steve
corallyman is offline  
Old 01-25-2010, 03:33 PM
  #249  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (31)
 
Carl Giordano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Upper Saddle River, NJ
Posts: 2,473
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

CEFX 1s lipo
Attached Thumbnails Speedzone 3.7v Lipo 4800mAh 30C-cefx1.jpg   Speedzone 3.7v Lipo 4800mAh 30C-cefx2.jpg  
Carl Giordano is offline  
Old 01-26-2010, 01:18 PM
  #250  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (93)
 
chris moore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Phx AZ
Posts: 3,873
Trader Rating: 93 (99%+)
Default

Got mine yesterday , just need to add in the booster and double check for any binding. Looking forward to putting her on the track.
chris moore is offline  
Old 01-26-2010, 09:51 PM
  #251  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (5)
 
beyondthepack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Orillia, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 878
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano View Post
CEFX 1s lipo

Did you wire the battery directly to the esc? (no Deans)
beyondthepack is offline  
Old 01-26-2010, 10:11 PM
  #252  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (16)
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Iowa
Posts: 562
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Here's my ole heap...
Attached Thumbnails Speedzone 3.7v Lipo 4800mAh 30C-12lipo.jpg  
jpeck is offline  
Old 01-26-2010, 10:44 PM
  #253  
Tech Regular
iTrader: (10)
 
Casey Belarde's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Spokane, Wa
Posts: 443
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by beyondthepack View Post
Did you wire the battery directly to the esc? (no Deans)

Sure looks like it!
Casey Belarde is offline  
Old 01-27-2010, 02:08 PM
  #254  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (31)
 
Carl Giordano's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Upper Saddle River, NJ
Posts: 2,473
Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by beyondthepack View Post
Did you wire the battery directly to the esc? (no Deans)
Yes...I cut off the deans plug. When I need to charge, I unsolder the leads to the speedo...It's easy, clean and I've not had any issues.

FYI...I just noticed that Hudy sells individual battery slot weights...they will fit perfectly in a 1/12th scale battery slot under the Lipo for better weight balance.

http://www.hudy.net/flash_stuff/all_in/index.htm
Carl Giordano is offline  
Old 02-02-2010, 12:46 PM
  #255  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (13)
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Mobile, AL
Posts: 905
Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default

Just received my 5000 50c straight pack yesterday and I looked through my package over and over and couldn't find the battery locator rails that I keep reading about. Were these discontinued, or did my battery slip out the door without them? All I received was the pack, the wires/bullet plugs, and an instruction sheet.
Serzoni is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.