Wiki Posts
Search

IM A NOOB PLEASE HELP ON HPI E10 GLITCHING AFTER TRI C027 INSTALL

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 01:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Unhappy IM A NOOB PLEASE HELP ON HPI E10 GLITCHING AFTER TRI C027 INSTALL

Hello everyone im new to electric rc cars coming from nitro rc, i just recently bought a HPI E10 and upgraded To a trinity C027 Stock Pro motor and when i first tested the car off the ground it glitches a little at low speed but goes away after a few min of driving, is that normal?or do i need a better speed control to keep up with the new motor and it seems like its braking a bit when i let go of the throttle and braking seems like it got softer. the battery is fully charged and so is the transmitter. someone told me that it might be a reciever problem because i noticed that the front wheels do turn a bit while glitching. everything in the car is stock but the motor. could it also be the failsafe kicking in ?? and how do i reset it? PLEASE HELP .
Old 06-19-2009, 01:27 PM
Tech Elite

First of all, the junk electronics that come with the car are not even worthy of being in the same room with a trinity C027. Most RTR kits have cheap electronics to keep costs down. And from what you've described, it sounds like the reciever is what's causing the problem.
Old 06-19-2009, 01:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

thats kinda what i thought damn , looks like im going to spend some more money .. whats a good radio and ESC?
Old 06-19-2009, 02:01 PM
Tech Elite

The stock ESC runs a stock motor fine (I raced with it, but in my TA05), you just need to relocate it from under the plastic plate, to get some airflow. However, the E10 isn't worthy of running a stock motor, it will chew the drivetrain to pieces. You'll have to upgrade to a TT01, TA05, cyclone S, TC3/4 etc. The E10 is the ONLY RC I would ever chuck. I only kept the front and rear bulkheads and suspension assemblies in case I might use it for a project.