R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 03-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #16
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uga View Post
From those 2... BMI DB10R It can also fit the tall 2S lipo, people say that it affects handling badly though, I think it's the same case with CRC - yes you can fit the lipo in the middle but do you really want to..?
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryN View Post
Not at all mate. My handling is just fine. I just added more weights, used the Hudy chassis balancer buttons, adjusted the weights accordingly, and am doing just fine.

I am using a 17.5 LiPo combo. As the McDonalds commercial says "I'm lovin it."
The BMI DB10R is better designed to use saddle pack lipo's. Ask Jason or check the DB10R thread.
E
EricF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2009, 08:46 PM   #17
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to HarryN

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
You can sorta see the track at www.rcperformance.com. Its still very new.
That's a nice track! Nice and technical. Plus I am sure you guys are loving that fresh Ozite carpet. :P

100/33 = 3.03 FDR

What size is your rear tire? I wanna see what your roll-out is. I may try slapping a 21.5 BL motor into my baby and see what happens. I think the 17.5 BL motor is not going to be liked by the 13.5 NiMH guys. My car is very fast. But then again, I am running a 70/27 combo. LOL!! I am surprised my foam doesn't rip off when I punch the car. I also have the ESC set to +6 boost. HAHAHAHA!!

I think my car may be a little too fast for your track.
Cars For Sale: FG 08-530 EVO w/ Sport Brakes!
Track(s): http://www.rctrack.com
HarryN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:55 AM   #18
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryN View Post
That's a nice track! Nice and technical. Plus I am sure you guys are loving that fresh Ozite carpet. :P

100/33 = 3.03 FDR

What size is your rear tire? I wanna see what your roll-out is. I may try slapping a 21.5 BL motor into my baby and see what happens. I think the 17.5 BL motor is not going to be liked by the 13.5 NiMH guys. My car is very fast. But then again, I am running a 70/27 combo. LOL!! I am surprised my foam doesn't rip off when I punch the car. I also have the ESC set to +6 boost. HAHAHAHA!!

I think my car may be a little too fast for your track.
Rollout right now is at 57.90 mm. Rear tires are down to 2.2 inches and ride height adjusted so the mid point of the motor is lower than the rear axle. Actual height is right around 4.5 mm. With the fronts at 2.1 inches, the front ride height is around 4 mm. Nice positive rake. In my opinion, its the perfect motor battery combo for this car for this track.

My pan chassis F1 now grips, but it took putting BSR Pearl Whites on the rear and Blacks on the front. I had double pinks front and back and ended up with sliding in the rear and chunking in the front. With a 17.5 I'd expect about the same with the CRC, its just too much car for the track. Geared at 88/26 and stock tire height of 2.38, rollout for this one is right around 53 mm.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:44 PM   #19
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cammer View Post
I love my CRC and 21.5 and it handles well now, very easy to drive. I am looking at the Darkside for next year though. Near zero maintenence shocks instead of dirty dampner tubes and links that can be tightened as they loosen up. Definitely a premium car but has a premium price as you still have to buy a rear axle and body posts. It just screams sexy though.

Untrue, although the picture doesn't show those parts, they are included in the kit. The complete kit comes as a complete rolling chassis right out of the box. Feel free to contact us at [email protected] with any questions
KSKT Racing - #1 in SK Racing Chassis
Darkside Motorsports - "WE ARE WHAT'S NEXT." - www.darksidems.com
THE DARKSIDE is offline   Reply With Quote