Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by team_tamale
How many of you to owners would be interested in an aluminum version of the front piece of the steering bellcrank? I've had a couple of requests for this, just wondering if there is enough interest to justify making some up. Post here, pm me, or email to [email protected]
I haven't had an issue with this piece yet, but I've seen a few go on other cars.
I'm sure you would have plenty of interest.
Old 07-21-2011, 06:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

How many of you to owners would be interested in an aluminum version of the front piece of the steering bellcrank? I've had a couple of requests for this, just wondering if there is enough interest to justify making some up. Post here, pm me, or email to [email protected]
Plus 2 for me!
Old 07-21-2011, 06:48 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

I would take 2..
Old 07-21-2011, 06:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Sounds like a winner Larry.
Are they done yet?
Old 07-21-2011, 07:11 PM
Tech Adept

just ordered my car

now the waiting game.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

If you have a couple ready, give to Hanulec, first since he has the nationals coming up and they will be better advertise there. I'm just a club and practice boy.
Old 07-21-2011, 07:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

X2 for me as well, yeah! It's a part I've been wanting a stronger version of for a while. I've only broken one once, but I've seen a few others break it and it sucks having to buy the whole bellcrank assembly just for that one piece.
Old 07-21-2011, 08:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

if you are willing to ship to australia im sure there would be interest here also
i personally would take 4 (not that ive had an issue to date)just nice to have
Old 07-21-2011, 08:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default photon on solaris hardmounts

hey guys was wondering if any one has set up for rubber/asphalt 21.5 blinky on solaris hard mounts on med grip track outdoor generally track will temp at bout 85deg F then climb to bout 130 on sunny warm afternoon, i am chassing the rear end coming aroung off power right now set up is pretty much as directions showed 37.5 shock oil front and rear and ran 2 deg rear camber also roll center is all the way up marks up in front marks down in rear.
any help is much appreciated
Old 07-22-2011, 12:21 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Chassis

Can anyone eksplain to me , why all is choosing an Exotek or EJ chassis , instead of the stock LIPO chassis , witch come in different hardness , Ex stiff, stiff and moderate.

Thanks

Andy
Sweden
Old 07-22-2011, 12:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by justin w
hey guys was wondering if any one has set up for rubber/asphalt 21.5 blinky on solaris hard mounts on med grip track outdoor generally track will temp at bout 85deg F then climb to bout 130 on sunny warm afternoon, i am chassing the rear end coming aroung off power right now set up is pretty much as directions showed 37.5 shock oil front and rear and ran 2 deg rear camber also roll center is all the way up marks up in front marks down in rear.
any help is much appreciated
With it being that warm on the track you may want to think about thicker oil up front. Silicon oil viscosity drops almost in half at 130-140 deg F. You car may be OK at the start of the race but half way thru the oil is thinning which will increase over-steer. Here's a good article to read,

http://www.twf8.ws/php/tip/shock.html

You want to lower your roll-center not raise it. Try Medium hing pin blocks front and rear with notch up in front and notch down in the rear of the car. Top camber link slightly angled down to center of car in front compared to lower a-arm. Down slightly to parallel in rear compared to lower a-arm.

Try running 344 springs up-front and 306 in the rear.

Look at some of the setups on Hanulec's Wiki page.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:45 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HB-forever
Can anyone eksplain to me , why all is choosing an Exotek or EJ chassis , instead of the stock LIPO chassis , witch come in different hardness , Ex stiff, stiff and moderate.

Thanks

Andy
Sweden
Its is a few mm narrower and has a different flex characteristic, it seems to be working well on asphalt and carpet for everyone that has switched to it.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:47 AM
Tech Champion

Yes please If you do make it, don't copy the stock part exact, because you need to dremel the front part of it (in front of the ball studs) a bit to make it clear the pulley if you choose to run the forward position. There is more material there than needed.
Old 07-22-2011, 08:59 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Its is a few mm narrower and has a different flex characteristic, it seems to be working well on asphalt and carpet for everyone that has switched to it.
And the EJ and exotek are the same or what

thanks

Andy
Old 07-22-2011, 10:01 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by HB-forever
And the EJ and exotek are the same or what

thanks

Andy
I have not tried the exotek myself, it has a little more flex and offers a 2nd servo mounting position, other than that they are similar.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.