Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2010, 06:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smoke81
I'm racing in Denver at the CCC, and on the way out I found out the new shocks came in. I had OD ship them to the track, and they are worth it. For that I gotta think OD. He puts up with my crazy last minute orders all the time. I really appreciate it.

As for the shocks, they are the best shocks I've ever had. So smooooth. Even a couple Tamiya guys made comments about how good they feel. Very nice pieces.
Originally Posted by TheOtherBill
EJ stated a few pages back that the V.2 shocks have a derlin shaft guide that is white for the new shocks. And the shock body size is slightly larger(0.1mm) I belive.
Originally Posted by stiltskin
If you want to order the new shocks and be positive that you are getting the NEW ones, call TOP USA directly. OD is definitely "da man".
Dam..., these shocks are the best I've ever had... I got them tonight and I just finished building them...
Old 04-23-2010, 08:32 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default 1ST Place awards!

I just got the 1st Place awards in for the SHOOTOUT and I believe they are the coolest awards I have seen for a RC race (short of a WC Cup).

They are replica fighter pilot helmets. They are not some cheap cheezy hunk of plastic either. They are quality helmets that will likely be the favorite item on the trophy shelf for those who win them.

Second and third place finishers in each class will be awarded some pimp acrylic plaques with the TGS banner on them.

Everyone registered will get a special gift from TOP USA to commemorate the event.
Old 04-23-2010, 12:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

like the top gun helmets from the top gun race at norcal last year ? Will you have dog tags and sunglasses too ?
Old 04-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by energydrink
like the top gun helmets from the top gun race at norcal last year ? Will you have dog tags and sunglasses too ?
Yes. The graphics on the helmets will of course be different though. And yes there will be dog tags and glasses. You can go yo RedRC and search TOP GUN SHOOTOUT they did a announcement for the race. Also the entry form is below.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
TGS FLYER DRAFT.pdf (325.9 KB, 139 views)
Old 04-23-2010, 04:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

May have Photon Int'l Ltd. Edition Touring Car Kit Limited release !!
Old 04-23-2010, 08:45 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by RC MARKET
May have Photon Int'l Ltd. Edition Touring Car Kit Limited release !!
please explain more.. what are the new features? lipo chassis?
Old 04-24-2010, 05:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Can anyone let me know the difference between
1) TOP TC-PIK001 PHOTON Int'l Ltd. Edition Touring Car Kit
2) TOP TC-PRK001 PHOTON 1/10 RUBBER SPEC. Touring Car Kit

What are the different parts in the 2 cars? Which is a better performer on asphalt?
Old 04-24-2010, 02:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

http://rcmarket.com.hk/product_info....oducts_id=8508
Old 04-25-2010, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Another great day for TOP on the East Coast.

We ran a charity race/opening day at Jacksonrcracing.com and most of the top drivers from the East Coast were in attendance. Racing and the track were awesome with over 150 total entries.

I was able to TQ and win the 13.5 main by almost a lap over everyone. While local driver Juan Ruiz Tq'ed 17.5 with his Photon and MD, Driver Arvin Nano was able to get the win also With a Photon both these drivers deserve a round of applause they dominated 17.5. Arvin also qualified only tenths of a second behind Juan in 17.5.

Schreff had some bad luck in the 2nd round bumping him back in the starting order after being 2nd qualifier after the first round.

The spec tire for this event and the track for his summer is the Solaris Hard tire. We ran the new spoke rims and they worked great on this smooth surface, even when the track cooled down to under 60 degrees we were able to set the fastest laps of the day proving that they are just not for hot weather.

If anyone is interested in the setup let me know I'll post it up.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Good job Larry and Arvin.

Those tires were awesome once the sun went down and the new wheels held up great.
Old 04-25-2010, 01:48 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Congrats again to Larry and Arvin. Post up that setup Larry.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Gotta give props to my man Larry. With me being away from TC for about 2 months due to working through personal issues... I kinda leaned on big guy for some setup help and I was rusty too with not running on asphalt since last summer. I was running 2nd in the main for a while before making a small mistake that caused the 3rd place car to spin me out, but that's racing.

With Juan Ruiz TQing 17.5 TC, that was just plain awesome to see. Juan worked hard for that TQ and drove well and earned that TQ spot. He even led the main for a bit before making a couple mistakes here and there. No reason to be down Juan, you did awesome!!

Props to Arv for taking the win in 17.5 ensuring a TOP clean up at Jackson.

The Solaris tires worked awesome and wow was it awesome when it cooled off. It was like driving on carpet with how much bite we had. Simply awesome.

For anybody that is close to Jackson R/C or willing to travel for some awesome asphalt racing, Jackson is the place to go.
Old 04-25-2010, 02:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
Gotta give props to my man Larry. With me being away from TC for about 2 months due to working through personal issues... I kinda leaned on big guy for some setup help and I was rusty too with not running on asphalt since last summer. I was running 2nd in the main for a while before making a small mistake that caused the 3rd place car to spin me out, but that's racing.

With Juan Ruiz TQing 17.5 TC, that was just plain awesome to see. Juan worked hard for that TQ and drove well and earned that TQ spot. He even led the main for a bit before making a couple mistakes here and there. No reason to be down Juan, you did awesome!!

Props to Arv for taking the win in 17.5 ensuring a TOP clean up at Jackson.

The Solaris tires worked awesome and wow was it awesome when it cooled off. It was like driving on carpet with how much bite we had. Simply awesome.

For anybody that is close to Jackson R/C or willing to travel for some awesome asphalt racing, Jackson is the place to go.
Great driving both you guys was great to hang out with two again. Hopefully you can come run mod with us up in Conn this summer a few times. I know I'll be down to Jackson again before to long also
Old 04-25-2010, 03:53 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Congrat's Larry and Arvin on your Win's at Jackson this weekend.
Old 04-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Here's the setup sheet for those who pmed me.
Attached Files

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.