Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 03:35 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tallyrc
speaking of setups, is there a consolidated list of setups for this car somewhere?
WWW.TCHUB.INFO
Old 01-31-2010, 05:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

nice link. thank you very much
Old 01-31-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Congrats to the TOP racing team!
Old 02-02-2010, 08:19 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Schreff, when are we going to see that magical setup sheet?
Old 02-02-2010, 08:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Ok guys heres the setup sheet. Its from Schreffs car. The only think I'm not 100% on is the shock oil but I think thats what he had in there. He'll confirm tomorrow when he gets up.

In 13.5 our cars were very very good. The layout was tight and the traction was not the normal jack traction we were used to. The cars had a strange push slide type thing going on from the Stinky Fingers traction compound that was used.

It seemed as if the 3rd round was the fastest round for 13.5 top 3 was set in that round. I probably would of qualified 2nd but got into some backmarker/traffic on the last lap that caused me to have a long last lap. It happens but I got peeled from behind on the 1st lap of the main and got stuck on the boards and broke a blade trying to get my car free. It made the car a handful in the main.

Schreff deserves congrats, he drove awesome all weekend. This is the first of many wins I think for Top in the near future. So far the last 2 races we have both qualified in the top 3 both times and have a 2nd place and a win in 13.5, not too bad.

I'm interested to try this setup this weekend at our track, I think it may not work good since we use jack which has a lot less initial slip than Sticky Fingers.

In mod I drove horrible, my car wasn't bad at all for the first time attempting mod I just didn't have a clean run. We ran 10.5s in mod and our cars were as fast if not faster than basically anything out there.

Post questions if anyone has any about the setup.

Make sure your shock o rings and plastic pieces that go in the bottom seal are free when assembled.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Snowbirds Schreff 10 setup.PDF (392.7 KB, 491 views)
Old 02-02-2010, 09:23 PM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Jason and Larry, Great job at the Birds! Way to bring it home for TOP and Tekin. I'm sure it'll make parts even harder to get

A friend of mine, Big Features, told me you guys go by Schreftrace

OD - Looks like you'll be busy sellin' more kits/parts
Old 02-02-2010, 09:46 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Ok guys heres the setup sheet. Its from Schreffs car. The only think I'm not 100% on is the shock oil but I think thats what he had in there. He'll confirm tomorrow when he gets up.

In 13.5 our cars were very very good. The layout was tight and the traction was not the normal jack traction we were used to. The cars had a strange push slide type thing going on from the Stinky Fingers traction compound that was used.

It seemed as if the 3rd round was the fastest round for 13.5 top 3 was set in that round. I probably would of qualified 2nd but got into some backmarker/traffic on the last lap that caused me to have a long last lap. It happens but I got peeled from behind on the 1st lap of the main and got stuck on the boards and broke a blade trying to get my car free. It made the car a handful in the main.

Schreff deserves congrats, he drove awesome all weekend. This is the first of many wins I think for Top in the near future. So far the last 2 races we have both qualified in the top 3 both times and have a 2nd place and a win in 13.5, not too bad.

I'm interested to try this setup this weekend at our track, I think it may not work good since we use jack which has a lot less initial slip than Sticky Fingers.

In mod I drove horrible, my car wasn't bad at all for the first time attempting mod I just didn't have a clean run. We ran 10.5s in mod and our cars were as fast if not faster than basically anything out there.

Post questions if anyone has any about the setup.

Make sure your shock o rings and plastic pieces that go in the bottom seal are free when assembled.
You guys did awesome!!! Thanks for the setup. First of many wins?? I think the REEDY RACE was the PHOTON'S first big win.

How was the 16 hour drive back?
Old 02-02-2010, 09:48 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Yeah I guess I should of put first big carpet win in there.

The drive back was alright, It was sort of a blur I didnt stop for more than 5 minutes at a time the whole way back.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:31 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Yeah I guess I should of put first big carpet win in there.

The drive back was alright, It was sort of a blur I didnt stop for more than 5 minutes at a time the whole way back.
Your a machine!!!!

I have a feeling you'll be threatening for the win in a number of races (carpet and asphalt). I was talking to Schreff what he'll run at the Reedy. Both you and I have won 13.5, so we'll run mod. Schreff hasn't graduated yet so he'll be in 13.5! Going to be fun to ragging on him that week.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:38 PM
Tech Addict

I'm ready for this years reedy. I'll be in the battle for first in 13.5.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:11 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
Your a machine!!!!

I have a feeling you'll be threatening for the win in a number of races (carpet and asphalt). I was talking to Schreff what he'll run at the Reedy. Both you and I have won 13.5, so we'll run mod. Schreff hasn't graduated yet so he'll be in 13.5! Going to be fun to ragging on him that week.
Hey Hey!! I haven't made my decision on 13.5 yet... so don't start.

Thanks for posting the setup Larry. Only 1 small change to make though. I ran 35wt oil in the rear shocks. Other than that, everything looks good. And don't be putting a pack in to drive my stuff around your basement floor.

Thanks everybody for the props. When Larry and I go to races together... it's usually not good for the competition.
Old 02-03-2010, 05:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

"When Larry and I go to races together... it's usually not good for the competition."

....that's so cute! Can't wait to see what you guys do at the Indoor Nats...
Old 02-03-2010, 06:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by The Teacher
....that's so cute! Can't wait to see what you guys do at the Indoor Nats...
Cute, huh? I wouldn't say that around Fairtrace.

And I already know what's going to happen at the Nats. You're gonna sell whatever car you're racing that weekend for pennies on the dollar and leave before the mains to avoid further failure.
Old 02-03-2010, 06:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Congrats to Larry and Jason for the results. The car looks good and drives very well. I only wish I could have done better myself. Still, not finishing dead last in mod with no real practice going in this year was good enough I suppose.

Now I just have to see if I can convince work to send me to Reedy.
Old 02-03-2010, 07:03 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
Cute, huh? I wouldn't say that around Fairtrace.

And I already know what's going to happen at the Nats. You're gonna sell whatever car you're racing that weekend for pennies on the dollar and leave before the mains to avoid further failure.
I don't care who you are, that's funny right thar. I think the last time I raced at Mimis, the going rate for an Mi2/Mi3 (don't remember) was $75. I couldn't get to my wallet faster than the guy beside me.

Last edited by stiltskin; 02-03-2010 at 07:41 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.