Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 06:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
The Foam sedan class just did not get a showing. 17.5 Rubber was weak also. But the 13.5 Rubber class was solid!

http://www.youtube.com/mikeshobbyshop#p/u/4/GAnnnpvclAI
Hey you can watch me choke lol
Old 11-16-2009, 07:18 PM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by theisgroup
you would have know if you would have come down.

Sir, you have an open invitation for the Fourth Annual Fall Classic. Same weekend next year.
Originally Posted by CarlosG.
Are you sure about that? I will make plans to go next year if it will be the same weekend.
Originally Posted by Chris Adams
Thanks Q!
Originally Posted by steve eaves
Man I wish I could have been there...I miss Mikes HS and rubbin' with you TX/OK boyz!...Maybe some day
Old 11-16-2009, 09:02 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Oh right on, the video just says Stock touring or whatever so I assumed it was rubber.
Ya, def only four cars. Was fun to dice it up with the foam guys... next time ill spend a little more time on the borrowed car. Yes, 17.5 rubber was lacking entries but 13.5 had some real talent in the class. Im pretty sure there was some extremely skilled drivers in the B main that do well at national level races. Track was extremely hard to go fast. Eaves and Dumas figured it out in the short amount of time we had and congrats to them for being so fast this weekend.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by P2
Man I wish I could have been there...I miss Mikes HS and rubbin' with you TX/OK boyz!...Maybe some day
you sir have an open invitation as well. get off that little island and get to the main land and do some racing.

and yes the Fall Classic is the same time every year for the last 3 years. It's the weekend of my Daughter's birthday.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by steve eaves
steve it's only Dumas, just put a fender into the side of his car on the first turn and then you are good to go. lol
Old 11-17-2009, 01:41 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LOW ET
just about everyone has a rubber car and there are a few foam cars out there now. most of the guys with the rubber cars have upgraded some parts to make it perform the way they want.

if you get a rubber kit you'll most likely get the foam lipo chassis, and foam top deck.

if you get a foam kit you'll most likely get the spool, rubber wings, and the foam lipo chassis.

now keep in mind none of these extra parts are mandatory but it make the car perform just that very little bit better.

if you're on the fence about what brand car to get, don't hesitate to get the photon it's like a work of art! (and i have very high standards)

Not on the fence about the photon at all! That is definately the car I'm getting! Just on the fence about rubber or foam. I will run on carpet and that's it and it will always be with rubber. I had thought about the foam and add the spool. It's just a rough decision as it appears either car will work for what I'm wanting to do..... Decisions...decisions!!
Old 11-17-2009, 02:46 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AndysD8
Not on the fence about the photon at all! That is definately the car I'm getting! Just on the fence about rubber or foam. I will run on carpet and that's it and it will always be with rubber. I had thought about the foam and add the spool. It's just a rough decision as it appears either car will work for what I'm wanting to do..... Decisions...decisions!!
I think that the stock rubber version has alot of flex for carpet. I have the 2.5 chassis on the way to make a more informed decision so no flaming just yet. If you decide on the foam version, you can always remove the standoffs to allow more flex. The spool is a cheap option and you would have a spare diff if needed. The quality is outstanding on the car and I'm sure you'll be happy with either one. I'm sure that doesn't make your decision any easier, but.....
Old 11-17-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

I would say go with the foam car in my best judgement on carpet no matter how much bite will benifit from the stiffer chassis.

since the IIC i think my choice to run a foam chassis on the top car has proven to be the best setup.

I base that on the fact every person who has switched to the foam chassis since i did it at the IIC weather it be the stk foam or the lipo foam has said it made a huge difference
Old 11-17-2009, 04:51 PM
Tech Champion

^
^^
^^^^
^^^^^^
[ ]
[ ]

What he said.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Servo Mounts

Has anyone found any better mounts that are better than the stock plastic ones?
Old 11-17-2009, 07:04 PM
Tech Champion

I'm using two of the motor bracket braces. They position the servo perfectly and look awesome. A little expensive for servo mounts but they work.
Old 11-17-2009, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stiltskin
I'm using two of the motor bracket braces. They position the servo perfectly and look awesome. A little expensive for servo mounts but they work.
Thanks,great idea!
Old 11-17-2009, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 63 (100%+)

just thought i would show a pic of what ive done to my photon.

ps. flipping the top deck and wings upside down works a treat.

Attachment 521914 Attachment 521916

Last edited by mild seven; 03-04-2010 at 04:26 AM.
Old 11-17-2009, 09:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

Stilts thats a good idea

What i did worked real good also im not sure why but easy mounts like the xray with new hole is a quick solution in my book

If i had some input i would definately like to see revised mounts that mount all 4 hole to the servo just to secure the case not that the standard mounts have failed just that 2 different brand servos have failed with just the lower mounting setup and i would also like to see the tape slot from the bmi days so the tape laid flat on the chassis also 1 of the servo holes would be dialed with a slot that was counter sunk so u could always sandwich the servo

and while im building my list for the TOP Santa can i get a 3mm foam chassis yanked off the cnc before the battery slots are cut round cells are dead no more slots lol

ok i rammbled enough off to bed
Old 11-18-2009, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by DENNIS STORTI
...and while im building my list for the TOP Santa can i get a 3mm foam chassis yanked off the cnc before the battery slots are cut round cells are dead no more slots lol

ok i rammbled enough off to bed
Dennis,
Is that it? Make a list. Check it twice. Santa Claus is coming to town!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.