Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 01:56 PM
pmc
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by odpurple
It is a designation between the two different belt manufactureres, the belts are identical
Hello

Thanks for the answer

Best regards:
Pedro Silva
Old 10-03-2009, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Editable sheet attached.
Attached Files
Old 10-03-2009, 05:35 PM
Tech Adept

Thank You guys
Old 10-04-2009, 12:21 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Hi everyone

I just got T.O.P. Racing "Photon" and Just try yesterday ,it's really great, I'm in Thailand
Old 10-04-2009, 12:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Hi.

I had my first run with the Photon today, and it is a dream to drive, lots off steering and plenty off rear end grip.

After a few runs i could drive very consistently, with only 2/10 between fastest and average lap times, and set the fastest 5 min run!

The only thing i'we changed from the base rubber set-up, was to 45wt oil in all 4 corners, and anti-dive, the car has a great responce to set-up changes.

But, i did break the steering block, and it is´ possible to break a suspension arm! okay, i hit the wall hard, and it was the only thing that broke, and it did't even tweak!

I think a little more rear end wheelbase, could give the car a more easy steering with better cornering speeds.
Old 10-04-2009, 05:50 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

I finally got to run the car today. Very smooth ride. Unfortunately the track was setup for oval, so I was only able to run on about half of the track and had to follow paint lines instead of barriers. The car had some initial understeer and lacked slow speed steering, but held great speed through the sweepers. Few changes to make and this car is going to be awesome.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

If anyone is interested in a Photon Rubber Edition, I will be posting one up with spare parts and even electronics (if desired) for sale when I get home tonight. Very slightly used (two battery packs). Feel free to shoot me a PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:08 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Photon first run

I had my new Photon up and running for the first time last weekend. Out of the box the car had a little lack of steering. After two batteries and a couple of setup changes, the car ran really good. Very good balance and plenty of steering, even for a small track like our clubside carpet track.

I really look forward to take my new car for a real race soon.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by slakr
If anyone is interested in a Photon Rubber Edition, I will be posting one up with spare parts and even electronics (if desired) for sale when I get home tonight. Very slightly used (two battery packs). Feel free to shoot me a PM.
Now posted...http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...tor-servo.html
Old 10-06-2009, 05:01 AM
Tech Master

PHOTON PACKAGE SOLD
Old 10-06-2009, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

PHOTON PACKAGE SOLD
If you missed that one don't worry, I'll have mine for sale this weekend just need to run it once more in Denver before other car comes in. rubber car.

Any takers, John didn't you want one???? oh yeah probably not going to get a response
Old 10-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HenBeav
If you missed that one don't worry, I'll have mine for sale this weekend just need to run it once more in Denver before other car comes in. rubber car.

Any takers, John didn't you want one???? oh yeah probably not going to get a response
I promise there will be less jumps than the last time you visited.

Poor John StA, he's just misunderstood.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

PHOTON PACKAGE SOLD
Im sorry I missed that one. All those spares and a Tekin RS to boot. You had your heart right on the price too.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Sad to see all you guys dumping off your car. We are just getting started and the setups are starting to roll in. Sure it is easy to goto a Xray (ex) pull up there site and chose from over a 1000 setups. In the end they all are good cars. I am just now starting to get a feel for the car especially with such a poor showing at the IIC by yours truely. I am not embaressed to say I am sticking with my car and it just gets better.
Old 10-06-2009, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Guys... I couldn't agree more with Gitsum with people unloading the car.

It's still early for the car as far as setups go. Now that Larry and I have a track to race at weekly for carpet, we've already begun testing setups. The gains we've made from just 2 weeks on carpet with rubber tires is amazing. I know Larry said, if he had the car he has now at the IIC, it woulda been a VERY different story. In another week or so, I'm sure we'll post a setup with what we're running as the car really does feel like it's on foam tires even though we're on rubber.

As for foam tire setups, we're a little behind on that yet as we've been really putting more time into rubber. We should have some more solid foam setups within the next few weeks. Hopefully we have something more comfortable before the Halloween Classic for Foam tire.

Keep in mind, when Larry and I went to Losi a couple years ago, we started the same way. Clean slate with a car we're not familiar with. We spent several weekends testing setups before we came up with a real solid package that ended up working almost everywhere we went. I predict the same thing for this car as well.

So stick with us guys. You won't be disappointed with the Photon.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.