Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2009, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by smoke81
Are you guys talking about the wings? Or is this something different?
I'm thinking the same thing..They did mention about the center post for the braces, the wing have those too..
Old 08-02-2009, 09:57 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vicko
can u post an pic of your car with the brace on it?
Yes, I will do it ASAP.

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
I been running the Braces for a couple weeks now and like Q said, I have seen no loss of traction with them I just like them so they keep the car more square because it connects the rear bulkheads.

Q what speedo are you running and what class and stuff? I might have some suggestions for the holy grail of rip lol.
Unfortunately I dont get many chances to run 13.5 here locally as most of my locals are not ready or willing to step up from 17.5

Im running the LRP SPX I have tried every Gearing and timing combo imaginable and I have managed to get some interesting results, but I continue to set the fastest and most consitant laps with the old & faithfull profile #6 and standard gearing around 4.05. I like to see and here that topend surge that comes with #7 or #8 geared like a mod, but I just prefer the rip & lap times with the lower profile.

Originally Posted by smoke81
Are you guys talking about the wings? Or is this something different?
See picture soon.

Originally Posted by Goingfast
I'm thinking the same thing..They did mention about the center post for the braces, the wing have those too..
See above.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
I got to try the new bulkhead braces today. I had intended to try them front and rear, but as usual I got side tracked messing around with ESC's, gearing, and the quest for the holy grail-o-rip.

I did try the new brace in the rear of the car. Before the brace the car was very planted with plenty of grip everywhere yet zero push. So with such a good base I was uncertain if I would like the brace. When I installed the brace I also used the center post that it comes with. I did not notice any significant loss of rear grip as I thought might happen. What I did get was much quicker and snappier steering response with better rotation. Again these gains seemed to come without the feeling of a loss of rear grip.

By the end of the day I was running on wasted tires as I ran a lot of packs today and I started with old stuff in the first place. With the older tires and the decrease in stability caused by them, removing the brace would have been the way to go if a race were on the line rather than just a practice day.

I dont know what the Part # is for these braces as we sometimes dont get full packaging on our stuff when it is first released. If you want to pick up some of these braces just call Michael or EJ and ask for "The New Bulkhead Braces", and they will know what you want.

I highly recomend having these little suckas. They are quick, easy, subtle, yet effective tuning aids.
I just put those same braces on my car for practice on Saturday. I'm running with fairly fresh tires, and noticed the car was a lot more stable and settled in the turns with them (installed at both ends). We run on high grip carpet.

The part # is : PO-PCHC005 Rubber Wing Medium Set this is one piece it connects the two pieces together ("U" shape)
Old 08-03-2009, 09:02 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thirtybird
I just put those same braces on my car for practice on Saturday. I'm running with fairly fresh tires, and noticed the car was a lot more stable and settled in the turns with them (installed at both ends). We run on high grip carpet.

The part # is : PO-PCHC005 Rubber Wing Medium Set this is one piece it connects the two pieces together ("U" shape)
Bingo!
Old 08-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Thirtybird

Thats what I figured they were talking about..

I put one on the rear of the car without the stand off, and really liked it.
Old 08-03-2009, 09:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My first day running the Photon is in the books, and it was a success. I logged something like 2 hours of track time and tried a bunch of setup changes. For a carpet track, this one had very forgiving borders, but I still didn't break anything.

Is mine the first Photon to run in Canada?

I'm using a Kimbrough servo saver. The first 8 or so front end hits required me to change steering trim, but after that I didn't have to touch the trim.

-Adam
Old 08-03-2009, 10:18 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by adamge
My first day running the Photon is in the books, and it was a success. I logged something like 2 hours of track time and tried a bunch of setup changes. For a carpet track, this one had very forgiving borders, but I still didn't break anything.

Is mine the first Photon to run in Canada?

I'm using a Kimbrough servo saver. The first 8 or so front end hits required me to change steering trim, but after that I didn't have to touch the trim.

-Adam
*gasp* No more XRay?!

If you guy don't have a carpet setup after this weekend, something is wrong. I'm letting half the team crash at my place so they can test on some traction.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:39 AM
Tech Master

That's this weekend? Brilliant. I'm testing on medium traction, though.

I just checked, and United (which flies from here to Denver direct) is in bend-over mode, so I won't be crashing at your place for a pre-Vegas practice session. Darn. I'll just have to keep doing the 2.5 hour each way drive to my "local" permanent track.

I'm hoping the Photon is effectively like owning an Xray at TC5 prices. So far, so good. Short wheelbase, though, wow. I measured, and it's a full 7mm shorter than my Xray.

And I'm about to PM you, because there are just some things you haven't explained.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:55 AM
Tech Regular

link to photon review here
Old 08-03-2009, 12:18 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Good link !
Old 08-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

If the BD5 1-way fits, I assume this will fit too & might be a good choice for those suffering spool issues

http://www.redrc.net/2009/08/roche-r...bd5-spool-set/
Old 08-03-2009, 05:20 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by adamge

I'm hoping the Photon is effectively like owning an Xray at TC5 prices. So far, so good. Short wheelbase, though, wow. I measured, and it's a full 7mm shorter than my Xray.
i personally would suggest taking what EJ setup had for wheel base shims, and put the ones on the rear to the front of the arm, and vise versa. Really settles the car down, and makes it extremely smooth to drive on carpet at least.
Old 08-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey dustin i think im in for denver will let you guy's know tomorrow
Old 08-03-2009, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Awsome! Can't wait to get there and play on some high bite And pick on Syndrome for 2 days straight.. Does life get better than that?
Old 08-03-2009, 08:11 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CraigM
If the BD5 1-way fits, I assume this will fit too & might be a good choice for those suffering spool issues

http://www.redrc.net/2009/08/roche-r...bd5-spool-set/
Wow that looks trick.. will it fit my WE too?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.