Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2009, 06:35 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Jordan-Howe
Hi lesbaldry

What did you find wings did to the handling of the car?

Also has any one tried the thicker top deck on asphalt?

Jordan
Hi jordan I tried the 2.5 top deck with my "small tight track" set up,basicaly it gave understeer that wasnt suitable to the track..I never had the chance to balance out other settings to try and improve handling but I would emagin it will be worth playing with on larger flowing tracks.

As for the medium flex wings roughly the same,but when they were fitted just to one end it gave the car a totaly different feel...Ie just the rear gave the front a differnt steering feel thats hard to explain but with out any loss of rear end traction,front only the car lost a little turn in but seemed to gain slightly better power on steering...but this may be this little track ???

Craig I cant understand that other drivers in the UK are trying to get rid of steering....If any thing I think the kit setting even though very stable has mild mid corner power on understeer ie the initial exit is good but as the car picks up speed it pushes slightly then comes back on line as speed increases,as for turn in its about perfect for me...each to their own I supose!!....mind you I may change my mind when I get to ADUR

Last edited by lesbaldry; 07-27-2009 at 08:19 AM.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:24 AM
Tech Fanatic

I have ran on both carpet and asphalt now and had some pretty horrofic crashes and no problems with my spool what so ever
Old 07-27-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mrrcguy
I will get it posted this week. I almost posted it last week but I wanted to make sure it was ready,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, its ready.

There are two versions of it, one for Sweeps (36's) and of course one for Jaco Blues.
I run the sorex 32 or 36s....
Old 07-27-2009, 09:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
When are you going to bring that TOP ride out and show us how it's done?
Here shortly have been swamped with work so I am taking advantage of it while I can. I should be back towards the end of August. Then I plan to be at the track for at least a full week testing the ride. I heard you and Art sold yours? Tell me it isn't so....
Old 07-27-2009, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ERTRACHTER
I have ran on both carpet and asphalt now and had some pretty horrofic crashes and no problems with my spool what so ever
Jason it was nice meeting you look forward to running with you this winter.
Old 07-27-2009, 10:40 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I can vouch for that! This focker was blowing his ride up all over the place and bringing the aftermath to me saying,,, dude, one more time?

Had to do it bro.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:11 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

All I can say is the more I drive this car the more I like it . I have not had any problems with my spool either but I did tap it like Mrrcguy said a few pages ago and I'm still running the spool that was in the kit not the updated one .
Old 07-28-2009, 12:24 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by eflite300
All I can say is the more I drive this car the more I like it . I have not had any problems with my spool either but I did tap it like Mrrcguy said a few pages ago and I'm still running the spool that was in the kit not the updated one .
I feel exactly the same about the car,perhaps the so called spool issue is track,grip and horse power related...to be honest the problems have only showed when running 10.5s never in 17.5 with my car....lets be blunt speaking here!..the various mods may work but we should'nt have to do them!!..probs like this put doubt in any possible new perchasers mind...and thats a shame as it is a fine car and a breath of fresh air to drive for a newby or expert alike!!

Last edited by lesbaldry; 07-28-2009 at 12:40 AM.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:30 AM
Tech Master

I'm running 10.5 and had some big hits (including bending a front suspension mount screw 45 degrees) and absolutely no problems with the spool. (Still running original spool parts - haven't replaced with the revised parts even though I have them.)
Old 07-28-2009, 07:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by vr01
I'm running 10.5 and had some big hits (including bending a front suspension mount screw 45 degrees) and absolutely no problems with the spool. (Still running original spool parts - haven't replaced with the revised parts even though I have them.)
Its not what you hit but how you hit it.
If that wheel gets caught on an edge instead of full frontal impact, The spool cups could get damage. Good to know you all are testing it for me .
Old 07-28-2009, 08:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by steve eaves
Jason it was nice meeting you look forward to running with you this winter.
Nice to meet you too Steve I'm really considering going to Kansas city this sunday pretty sure i'll be there
Old 07-28-2009, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Cool i will be there
Old 07-28-2009, 09:12 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Nice to meet you too Steve I'm really considering going to Kansas city this sunday pretty sure i'll be there
What's going on in KC this weekend? You guys gonna be at Fastlane?
Old 07-28-2009, 09:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by syndr0me
What's going on in KC this weekend? You guys gonna be at Fastlane?
yes sir hows the traction there syndrome
Old 07-28-2009, 09:22 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

yes sir hows the traction there syndrome
I moved away (to Denver) about a year and a half ago, but smoke81 and HenBeav still race there. They're working hard to get their Photons ready for Vegas. I think traction is actually a little low because of the off-road track in the other half of the building. I'm pretty sure they run Jaco Greens. I'd stop by the Fastlane thread in the Kansas/Missouri section and let them know you plan on coming. I think some Sundays are reserved for outdoor events and such.

Some of the KC guys are coming to Denver on 8/7-8/8 to test in higher traction. I plan on having the track open for nearly 48 hours straight, so if anybody wants to road trip and get some wheel time, give me a shout.

Last edited by syndr0me; 07-28-2009 at 09:34 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.