T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Old 07-13-2009, 05:16 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
2 things I would recommend...

#1. Make sure all the thrust washers are ((((( in configuration. That may help.

#2. Make sure you sand the diff rings really good. The rings in the kit are far from being truly flat. Use like a 200 then go up to 400 grit getting the rings as flat as they can be. You'll see what I mean when you start sanding. It takes a little bit on each ring to get it right.

I'm willing to bet the sanding will help you the most.

Other than that, nothing else special to do.
Hmmm.... maybe I need to change mine from (()() then.....

Thanks Jason....
Old 07-13-2009, 05:50 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bender
Just rebuilt it again - no surprises - only 8 thrust balls installed, and it feels really smooth. Can't slip it in the car, but it's another story when it gets on the track
what motor ?
a buddy had a similar hassle turned out hes rotor was slipping under acceleration.
Old 07-13-2009, 09:39 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nocif13
I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE SUPPORT OF SERVO, when I fixed 1 media is skewed, the bindings on the chassis are not well bore, which has already had this problem?
THE SERVO MOUNT IS NOT IN THE FACE THEY ARE OFFSET SERVO and I often break the legs of the servo

regards
Is the width between holes in servo ears a standard measurement between brands? I have this same problem with my Futaba 9551, the mounts have to turn inward (which is exaggerated by all the shims) and seems to put unnecessary stress on the servo ears.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Is the width between holes in servo ears a standard measurement between brands? I have this same problem with my Futaba 9551, the mounts have to turn inward (which is exaggerated by all the shims) and seems to put unnecessary stress on the servo ears.
i used sanwa erg-rz or sanwa erg-wrx and the problem is always the same, or the gap is too large or too short
Old 07-13-2009, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

the servo mount is not right it is either through left or right
Attached Thumbnails T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-s.jpg  
Old 07-13-2009, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me

I think there are 2 or 3 different "standard" width for servos.
They all are pretty close. I can't really say for sure because I don't have my car yet but. Mounting the servo is one of the very first things I like to put on the chassis for this very reason. nothing in the way to hinder my view of stressed servo ears or warped chassis plate. It allows me to assure the mounts are parallel and as close to the servo itself as possible. Done be afraid to use a nice aluminum washer. Get fancy and use countersunk washers and screws. I can't remember where I saw them but I had a top hat shaped piece that assured most of the above wouldn't happen.I know there may be tweaks later on but at least I know my servo is mounted sweetly.
Old 07-13-2009, 10:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 100 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter

I also Let a buddy run my car after all was said and done. He came back with a huge Grin on his face and said I gotta have one of those cars.

Thanks bro!.......
Old 07-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nocif13
the servo mount is not right it is either through left or right
Same for Futaba.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I hate changing the subject, but does anyone know where to find one of these online still or when the second batch would be "released"? I see them at A-Main, but they're selling them for a premium now
Old 07-13-2009, 11:15 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

It was a good first outing for the Photon here in Middle America at the XRAY Challenge / Beat The Heat.

It was a great event all around with about 130 entries. The track layout was pretty large and the surface is a very heavily sealed asphalt lot sprayed with VHT.

I ran 13.5 and Trans Am. There were two TOP cars (myself and Ertrachter) in the otherwise all XRAY A-Main. It was like walking right in front of a firing squad! Add to the mix that Lemieux and Burch were leading this freight train loaded with tension and it was hella good time. I started seventh in the odd numbered 13 car main and team mate Ertrachter was next in line in the 8. The first two minutes of the race were nothing short of a street fight for every single car out there. After the first few multi-car pile-ups it became al most laughable at just how brutal it got. In the end both Photons survived rolled accross the line only .57 apart in the 9th and 10th spots.

In the Trans Am class however it was an absolutely dominant win for T.O.P. The TQ and the win in this class made for a good first event with the car. My Phton was the only car out there able to reach 20 laps.

I will be posting both a VTA set-up sheet and my 13.5 sheet. The VTA set-up is about as good as anyone could ask for and soooo easy to drive. There will be two versions of the 13.5 sheet (one for a more "free" feeling and the other for one to make the car feel like its has roots). Both 13.5 sheets are way better than the position on the grid that I landed in.

Last edited by mrrcguy; 07-13-2009 at 02:48 PM.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Thirtybird
I hate changing the subject, but does anyone know where to find one of these online still or when the second batch would be "released"? I see them at A-Main, but they're selling them for a premium now
that's the same price they always sold them.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

and there should be an active coupon code for $25 off
Old 07-13-2009, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

2nd batch... August.
Old 07-13-2009, 12:46 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LOW ET
that's the same price they always sold them.
Sorry, I was going by the google shopping result showing it at 379.99... regardless..

Shopping results for top photon buyCustom Cut Urethane Chassis Protector Top Photon $19.99 new - eBay
TOP Racing Products Photon Competition 1/10 ... $379.99 new - A Main Hobbies
Photon-Ologist Women's Tank Top $17.19 new - Betcha Like It

You have removed results from this search. Hide them

slakr - where would one find this coupon code - I'd never ordered from them before, so I'm not on their mailing list...
Old 07-13-2009, 12:47 PM
Tech Elite

Just wondering if there have been any issues with any certain bodies not mounting up on this chassis, with the forward front shock mount the way it is?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.