R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 10-26-2011, 05:42 AM   #8401
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprintcarracer View Post
Ok since spec-r esc drive shafts have such a bad rep, has anyone heard of or tried the arrowmax esc shafts. I found them for the tamiya 417. I just don't want to spend $50.00 per shaft to buy the x-ray ones.
Haven't tried them.. they look a lot like spec-r models.
FJ / ROAR #2-122945 / MaxRotation FPV Drone Racing / [email protected] Awesomatix USA / Wild Turbo Fan / Mon-Tech Racing / RocheRC USA / Side Piece /
LRP / John's BSR Tires / TeamEAM / TQ Wire / R1 / Team Scream / PCR / MIX
RacerLog wiki Awesomatix A700 / 2wd offroad 4 life
hanulec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 03:55 PM   #8402
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Hi Everyone - I just picked up one of these on the used market to run in the 17.5 blinky class.

I'm looking for lipo suggestions - i already have 5 of these : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17272 will they work (i.e. fit)? or do you have other suggestions?

Much appreciated.
Krafcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2011, 04:01 PM   #8403
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krafcik View Post
Hi Everyone - I just picked up one of these on the used market to run in the 17.5 blinky class.

I'm looking for lipo suggestions - i already have 5 of these : http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=17272 will they work (i.e. fit)? or do you have other suggestions?

Much appreciated.
They will work fine and yes they fit. Perfectly good for club racing imo, probably need roar or like approved battery for competition though.
For the money hard to beat those turnigy batteries.
Old 10-29-2011, 04:42 PM   #8404
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 70 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtree View Post
They will work fine and yes they fit. Perfectly good for club racing imo, probably need roar or like approved battery for competition though.
For the money hard to beat those turnigy batteries.
thanks - i doubt i'll be doing in competitions. i still need to figure out what the heck you guys are talking about in here - most of it seems to be in French!
Krafcik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 07:06 AM   #8405
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I have been running two of the 5300 versions in my car, they out punch my 8 month old IP 5000 packs that have had very little use, they also swell less, and balance better, ignore the haters, HK make some ok product, which is just fine if your club racing with no need for ROAR packs.
www.myrcm.ch/main?pLa=en&hId[1]=org&dId[O]=4331
Bishop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 09:08 AM   #8406
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default gear diffs

I have been out of the loop for 2years and thinking about going back to a photon but, i wanted to see what you guys are running as far a gear diff. Ive heard you need to modify one to fit but i feel like ive seen top release one as well. Sooo please enlighten me. thanks in advance.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:53 AM   #8407
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Default car

I am looking for a photon car for my son, If you have an extra and willing to sell for a good price please pm me.

Thanks

Mike
mdhyams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 02:17 PM   #8408
Tech Champion

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer x 1 View Post
I have been out of the loop for 2years and thinking about going back to a photon but, i wanted to see what you guys are running as far a gear diff. Ive heard you need to modify one to fit but i feel like ive seen top release one as well. Sooo please enlighten me. thanks in advance.
Yokomo gear diffs fits the car. Just needs extra shims to get a snug fit. SpecR gears diffs for TC6 also fits, but the Yokomo is alot more stronger.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:07 PM   #8409
Tech Addict

Default Car

Whats the difference between the Rubber and Foam cars? Can you run the rubber car on foam and vice verse?
Old 10-30-2011, 06:34 PM   #8410
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 102 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhyams View Post
Whats the difference between the Rubber and Foam cars? Can you run the rubber car on foam and vice verse?
The original car came in two versions, the foam car having a thicker chassis and top plate as well as hard wings and dual diffs. It was prefered on carpet with rubber tires also. Since the introduction of the lipo chassis, the car only comes in one version. It came with both lipo and 6 cell chassis until the stock of 6 cell chassis ran out. The newer car has an updated top plate design for easier access to battery ports and updated shocks. A better center layshaft was added also.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:41 PM   #8411
Tech Champion

This weekend, we held our annual Halloween Bash. Rainout on Saturday pushed all quals and mains to today. My car was brilliant today and managed a TQ and win in 17.5 boosted as well as a 2nd place qual and win in mod. This was our last asphalt race of the season. Looking forward to getting back on the rug next week.
Old 10-30-2011, 06:54 PM   #8412
Tech Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
The original car came in two versions, the foam car having a thicker chassis and top plate as well as hard wings and dual diffs. It was prefered on carpet with rubber tires also. Since the introduction of the lipo chassis, the car only comes in one version. It came with both lipo and 6 cell chassis until the stock of 6 cell chassis ran out. The newer car has an updated top plate design for easier access to battery ports and updated shocks. A better center layshaft was added also.
can you run either car on carpet or asphalt or do you need to make changes to get them to work correctly. Will you be posting your setup from the race.
Old 10-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #8413
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdhyams View Post
can you run either car on carpet or asphalt or do you need to make changes to get them to work correctly. Will you be posting your setup from the race.
The rubber car had too much flex on carpet for me. I ran the optional lipo chassis. You can run the foam car on asphalt, but I would recommend the softer top deck and wings and replace the ball diff with a spool or gear diff with thick oil/putty. The front ball diff will make the car easier to drive but you'll lose steering on power.
Old 10-30-2011, 08:04 PM   #8414
Tech Addict

Default photon

Quote:
The rubber car had too much flex on carpet for me. I ran the optional lipo chassis. You can run the foam car on asphalt, but I would recommend the softer top deck and wings and replace the ball diff with a spool or gear diff with thick oil/putty. The front ball diff will make the car easier to drive but you'll lose steering on power.
Wow, so much to learn about these cars. I noticed on the directions it states to only use TOP Spur gears. Is there another option or part number from other companies?

Last edited by mdhyams; 10-30-2011 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-30-2011, 09:55 PM   #8415
Tech Apprentice

Send a message via Skype™ to justin w

Quote:
This weekend, we held our annual Halloween Bash. Rainout on Saturday pushed all quals and mains to today. My car was brilliant today and managed a TQ and win in 17.5 boosted as well as a 2nd place qual and win in mod. This was our last asphalt race of the season. Looking forward to getting back on the rug next week.
big congrats on the wins!!!!
justin w is offline   Reply With Quote