R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-09-2010, 12:50 AM   #4846
Tech Champion
 
RC MARKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: HK
Posts: 6,172
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
I like the 6 cell chassis better than the lipo chassis on asphalt.
used Rear geardiff will be best !
RC MARKET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 12:57 AM   #4847
Tech Master
 
Rod M's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,545
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vabroom View Post
I'm glad I slow and haven't order the gear diff. Even though I race 17.5, it's the not rebuildable and throw it out that I don't like.

I wonder if the spec-r for Yokomo (coming) or either of the two others will work with little mod.
I would not see a issue with 17.5 class it lasting 60-100 runs,
__________________
TOPRACING.NET.AU Australian Importer of:
T.O.P. Tokyo Hobbies Optional Parts,
Team Trinity , BL Motors and Tyre compound
Team Tekin , ESC's, motors,
Elangears, Chargers,
Rod M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 01:12 AM   #4848
Tech Master
 
Professor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Sydney,Australia
Posts: 1,093
Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default gear diff

hi rod

will the gear diffs become standard in the kits or will they be optional ???

graham
Professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 02:03 AM   #4849
Tech Master
 
Rod M's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 1,545
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Professor View Post
hi rod

will the gear diffs become standard in the kits or will they be optional ???

graham
I doubt they will ever become a standard feature of the car,

note these diffs are actually under a different branding "-Pro" not T.O.P.
__________________
TOPRACING.NET.AU Australian Importer of:
T.O.P. Tokyo Hobbies Optional Parts,
Team Trinity , BL Motors and Tyre compound
Team Tekin , ESC's, motors,
Elangears, Chargers,
Rod M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2010, 03:00 AM   #4850
Tech Addict
 
29TC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: anywhere with an rc track!
Posts: 608
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via ICQ to 29TC
Default

Here is a quick shot of the internals. Looks semi-rebuild-able.
Attached Thumbnails
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car-upro-diff.jpg  
29TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:34 AM   #4851
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 74
Default

i race my photon for the first time last night , and loved it ..
its soo much easyer to drive than my old shumacher mi4lp , that i sold last week to get the photon

..i was leading the final untill i got took out by the backmarkers , i was'nt happy ..

i still finished 4th , despite my front belt popped off ..

absolutly love the car , its still on a basic carpet setup , apart from the anti roll bars , wheelbase , and acerman settings ..

the only thing i found was , it seems to bog down as its coming out of the corner , ive got the med tunings wings front and back , but i might change the top deck to a foam top deck will this help , i dont want to change it much thou ...
shaun207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 06:00 AM   #4852
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 29TC View Post
Here is a quick shot of the internals. Looks semi-rebuild-able.
I'm Interested to hear what the Team Drivers have to say about it and what weight fluids they used.
dannybcaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 08:12 AM   #4853
Tech Master
 
Mr. Bubby's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,089
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

I've never used a gear diff in any of my electric cars, except waaaaaay back in the day when I first got into the hobby and all the tamiya cars had gear diffs. Didn't know anything about tuning back then. But then I found out that a big tuning feature, (especially in nitro) is changing the diff fluid for different action of the diff. But if this diff is not rebuildable, then that tuning option is Null and Void. Or maybe you CAN change the fluid viscosity, in which case this whole post would be Null and Void.
__________________
Xray T4 '17 (Motiv Powered) Touring Car
Schumacher KC (SMC Powered) Stock Buggy
No 1/12 scale till they run with rubber tires!!!
Assoc. F6 (Cuz we run them with RUBBER TIRES!)
Mr. Bubby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 10:34 AM   #4854
Tech Master
 
pcar951's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Cow Town
Posts: 1,706
Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default

I'm thinking, if it comes apart as the last photo shows....we can change the oil.
pcar951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 01:10 PM   #4855
Tech Master
 
PDX-Spike's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: 42
Posts: 1,440
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcar951 View Post
I'm thinking, if it comes apart as the last photo shows....we can change the oil.
I'd be surprised if it came with oil!
__________________
Roger Christal - Team Timezone (Hooligans), Rose City Scale Racing, ROAR Member until 9/16/2012
Support the locals: Timezone Raceway, Timezone II, R/C Plus, Portland RC Raceway
McKune Design, Slapmaster Tools, Houston's Engine Service
PDX-Spike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 02:47 PM   #4856
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun207 View Post
i race my photon for the first time last night , and loved it ..
its soo much easyer to drive than my old shumacher mi4lp , that i sold last week to get the photon

..i was leading the final untill i got took out by the backmarkers , i was'nt happy ..

i still finished 4th , despite my front belt popped off ..

absolutly love the car , its still on a basic carpet setup , apart from the anti roll bars , wheelbase , and acerman settings ..

the only thing i found was , it seems to bog down as its coming out of the corner , ive got the med tunings wings front and back , but i might change the top deck to a foam top deck will this help , i dont want to change it much thou ...
also i forgot to ask , whats the final drive ratio .. is it 2.0 ...just trying to get a gearing chart done ... cheers
shaun207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 03:07 PM   #4857
Tech Regular
 
darrenoakley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Dorset UK
Posts: 266
Default

Alright mate Its Darren from Bashley
Glad you enjoyed your first run with it,knew you would love it.
Yeah the internal ratio is 2.0. I will PM you with the Gearing/Rollout chart I use.
maybe see you next Wed night.
__________________
Xray x11
Xray T3 011
darrenoakley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 04:06 PM   #4858
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 74
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenoakley View Post
Alright mate Its Darren from Bashley
Glad you enjoyed your first run with it,knew you would love it.
Yeah the internal ratio is 2.0. I will PM you with the Gearing/Rollout chart I use.
maybe see you next Wed night.
hi mate , yeah it was totaly the opposite to the shuey , and very predicable unlike the shuey...

i wont be at bashley on wednesday, im back at work next week ..

maybe see you some time over bashley , im going tomorrow ..

cheers
shaun207 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 05:15 PM   #4859
Super Moderator
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
R/C Tech Elite Subscriber
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 27,219
Trader Rating: 182 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannybcaitlyn View Post
I'm Interested to hear what the Team Drivers have to say about it and what weight fluids they used.
I have mine on order so I will let you know soon
Marcos.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2010, 09:41 PM   #4860
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Posts: 83
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcos.J View Post
I have mine on order so I will let you know soon
Mine is on its way. Looking for a starting point. Didn't EJ run one at the Reedy?
dannybcaitlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:08 PM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net