Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 04:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
I really do not mean to sound rude, but Traxxas does something similar to this. And it is including a battery and charger with there vehicles. All this does is back stab dealers. Dealers dont sell batterys, chargers, loosing money that they need to stay in business.

With track/hobby shops fighting to stay ahead with money these days, the last thing they need is to loose parts sales from the TOP car. This does not seem like a big deal to some, but with some hobby shops scraping past on pennies every month, if more companies start to do this we will see even more ends to LHS's. I dont mean to attack anybody personally, but this sort of thing may just be a end to the hobby.

Vent over.

-Mike
Who cares what you think, i want my free parts WOO HOO.
Now tell me this, do the hobby stores cares about us when they`re gouging my eyes out with their exorbitant prices, nope.
Old 02-23-2010, 04:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitro ho
Who cares what you think, i want my free parts WOO HOO.
Now tell me this, do the hobby stores cares about us when they`re gouging my eyes out with their exorbitant prices, nope.
Well, do you shop at a hobby shop that cares about the customer, or one that does not?

It does not always apply, but some of the best hobby shops as far as customer service and price are the ones that get put out of business.

-Mike
Old 02-23-2010, 04:21 PM
Tech Addict

I really do not mean to sound rude, but Traxxas does something similar to this. And it is including a battery and charger with there vehicles. All this does is back stab dealers. Dealers dont sell batterys, chargers, loosing money that they need to stay in business.

With track/hobby shops fighting to stay ahead with money these days, the last thing they need is to loose parts sales from the TOP car. This does not seem like a big deal to some, but with some hobby shops scraping past on pennies every month, if more companies start to do this we will see even more ends to LHS's. I dont mean to attack anybody personally, but this sort of thing may just be a end to the hobby.

Vent over.

-Mike
Hi Mike,

You have some valid statements...BUT YOU ARE COMPLETELY MISSING OUR REASON. WE ARE HELPING THE HOBBY SHOPS, NOT HURTING THEM!!! We live in a global market place and it's sad but USA customers would rather save $10 and purchase kits from oversees online shops.

What we have done is add at no charge a $40 incentive in the form of a complete suspension set as an incentive for USA consumers to purchase form their LOCAL hobby shops or LOCAL online distributors instead of oversees retailers. When you do the math it's a hell of a better deal to purchase a USA KIT. This is completely out of TOP USA's pocket with no help form our corporate headquarters. We loose a little bit of our margin but in the long run it will help our USA retailers and us.

Hope I clarified this. Sorry if I'm being harsh, but you completely misunderstood what we are doing and saying this type of thing is ending the hobby is completely the opposite.

Thanks,

EJ Evans
Old 02-23-2010, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Vent over.

-Mike
He may just be upset that now not only is the kit $100.00 less then his Schumacher but now you get a bunch of spares on top of that!I have noticed alot of MI4 on the for sale thread lately.I wonder what chassis those guys are switching to?
Old 02-23-2010, 04:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)

Originally Posted by haywood
He may just be upset that now not only is the kit $100.00 less then his Schumacher but now you get a bunch of spares on top of that!I have noticed alot of MI4 on the for sale thread lately.I wonder what chassis those guys are switching to?
Not a Photon The parts thing is cool though! I see EJ's point, and Owens. Its debatable
Old 02-23-2010, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by E.J. Evans
Hi Mike,

You have some valid statements...BUT YOU ARE COMPLETELY MISSING OUR REASON. WE ARE HELPING THE HOBBY SHOPS, NOT HURTING THEM!!! We live in a global market place and it's sad but USA customers would rather save $10 and purchase kits from oversees online shops.

What we have done is add at no charge a $40 incentive in the form of a complete suspension set as an incentive for USA consumers to purchase form their LOCAL hobby shops or LOCAL online distributors instead of oversees retailers. When you do the math it's a hell of a better deal to purchase a USA KIT. This is completely out of TOP USA's pocket with no help form our corporate headquarters. We loose a little bit of our margin but in the long run it will help our USA retailers and us.

Hope I clarified this. Sorry if I'm being harsh, but you completely misunderstood what we are doing and saying this type of thing is ending the hobby is completely the opposite.

Thanks,

EJ Evans
Thanks for the reply EJ,

I can see where you guys are coming from. I work at very local hobby shop. A place that the only racing stuff that comes in the door, leaves in a vary small group of hand. I have a soft side for all hobby shops. So I hope you can understand where I am coming from.

Not a Photon, thats for sure..
Old 02-23-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default NOT A PHOTON

Let me guess, You will buy a Xray and black it out! Big shocker there!
Old 02-23-2010, 04:51 PM
Tech Master

Let me guess, You will buy a Xray and black it out! Big shocker there!
YEA! You know, you are a GREAT representative for TOP! Im gonna run out to my chosen online hobby shop a buy one RITE NOW

Why the personal attack? Come on man.. I don't even know you, dont rag on me or how I like to prep my cars. I made a clean, outsider view on what TOP is doing in a public forum.

If you have any other non productive items towards, PM or EMail me. I dont wanna cause forum drama.

-Mike
Old 02-23-2010, 04:57 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

EJ Evans
That is one of the coolest moves yet!!! I do support USA shops as much as possible, and prefer to shop in the US for shipping reasons alone. The only time I go overseas is when I can't find stuff here.

One of the biggest concerns for a newly released chassis is spare parts support. This incentive really helps out as the supply pipeline gets filled up. I have noticed that the spares listing on Amain's site is now filling up. I was pretty concerned at first and had decided to wait for the spare parts situation to stabilize before taking the plunge. This incentive really helps!!!

THANK YOU TOP Racing USA !!!!!!
Old 02-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the reply EJ,

I can see where you guys are coming from. I work at very local hobby shop. A place that the only racing stuff that comes in the door, leaves in a vary small group of hand. I have a soft side for all hobby shops. So I hope you can understand where I am coming from.
Hey Mike, I understand where you are coming from, but the whole reason were are doing this is to protect the hobby shops. We are on the same page when it comes to helping out the local distributors and keeping business in the USA. I am all ears to any solutions you may have to offer? If you don't want to spill them here, then you can PM me.

Just to reiterate: TOP USA is now adding a complete suspension set to all kits as an incentive for USA customers to purchase the kits locally instead of going to an oversees online shop.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

question. the base asphalt rubber setup calls for the 3 hole pistons with small holes instead of the big holes.. this seems counterintuitive. anybody out there using the big holed pistons and under what circumstances?
Old 02-23-2010, 05:08 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tallyrc
question. the base asphalt rubber setup calls for the 3 hole pistons with small holes instead of the big holes.. this seems counterintuitive. anybody out there using the big holed pistons and under what circumstances?
We've gone away from the small hole and went to the 3 hole (1.2mm) piston. I'm sure in some situations the 1.0mm hole may work better, but from the testing I've done the 1.2mm always seems to feel better.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:17 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Another thing that may be getting overlooked is that this offer is available through hobby shops. TOP USA is not in business to sell direct. Sure you can order direct if your LHS chooses not to carry TOP stuff, but I believe only a very very small portion of the TOP stuff in the US has been a direct purchase.

I owned a LHS for nearly 10 years, and I can say without a doubt that TOP USA is probably the very last company that a LHS needs to worry about.

They are adding this additional product/value to these kits at their own expense and not charging the dealers a penny more! This means that people WILL purchase their kits locally from now on, rather than going outside our borders. You would be crazy not to.
Old 02-23-2010, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

We've gone away from the small hole and went to the 3 hole (1.2mm) piston. I'm sure in some situations the 1.0mm hole may work better, but from the testing I've done the 1.2mm always seems to feel better.
thanks ej, are there any updated setups reflecting these changes? i run on a VERY high bite asphalt track and was trying to use the small holed pistons..
Old 02-23-2010, 05:44 PM
Tech Master

I would publicly like to say, after a PM with EJ himself, this will be great for the US market place as a whole. After gaining a bit more understanding, this looks like something that with bring USA sales of the Photon back to the USA market place.

I misunderstood initially. I figured that the car would cost dealers more, and loose more sales. (Traxxas ) But now, I see the light.

-Mike Owen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.