Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car >

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Old 02-21-2010, 02:53 PM
  #3661  
Super Moderator
iTrader: (239)
 
Marcos.J's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Semper Fi
Posts: 33,048
Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)
Default

I want to say thanks to A.J. for the help with the set ups , now i just need to calm down and drive it
Marcos.J is offline  
Old 02-21-2010, 04:29 PM
  #3662  
Tech Regular
 
Khador12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 353
Default

I am really liking the Photon. I have been running it with rubber tires and 17.5 in a 10.5 foam class. I am able to run lap the same lap times with them! My problem is that the car is loose on corner entry. My lap times are inconsistant because of this. I attached my set up so if anyone can help me?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
photon.pdf (386.3 KB, 176 views)
Khador12 is offline  
Old 02-21-2010, 04:39 PM
  #3663  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (25)
 
mrrcguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jonesboro Akansas
Posts: 3,157
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Khador12
I am really liking the Photon. I have been running it with rubber tires and 17.5 in a 10.5 foam class. I am able to run lap the same lap times with them! My problem is that the car is loose on corner entry. My lap times are inconsistant because of this. I attached my set up so if anyone can help me?
1) Ditch the rear bar.
2) Put a 1.2 bar on the front (or no bar).
3) Move your rear shock position in one hole at the tower.
4) Change rear camber to 2.5mm.
5) Raise ride height to 5.2F & 5.4R.
mrrcguy is offline  
Old 02-21-2010, 05:31 PM
  #3664  
Tech Regular
 
Khador12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 353
Default

Thanks for the reply. I will try that at the next race.
Khador12 is offline  
Old 02-22-2010, 11:30 AM
  #3665  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 661
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

Can someone give me a good foam tire set-up? My local hobby shop still runs foam. I also need a rubber tire set up so when I go to bigger races and other tracks that run rubber I'll have a set-up for my rubber tire car. Thanks
kobiwan is offline  
Old 02-22-2010, 11:42 AM
  #3666  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (124)
 
vr6cj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Modesto, CA
Posts: 4,050
Trader Rating: 124 (100%+)
Default

Just got me one of these bad boy photons too. I'll be running aspault 13.5 and 17.5. Anything from the kit setup that should differ on really smooth high taction aspault? I lso noticed the LF belts. SHould I go ahead and get those?

thanks
vr6cj is offline  
Old 02-22-2010, 12:08 PM
  #3667  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (25)
 
mrrcguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jonesboro Akansas
Posts: 3,157
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vr6cj
Just got me one of these bad boy photons too. I'll be running aspault 13.5 and 17.5. Anything from the kit setup that should differ on really smooth high taction aspault? I lso noticed the LF belts. SHould I go ahead and get those?

thanks
This car is GOLD on asphalt! Just build it, run it, and report.
mrrcguy is offline  
Old 02-22-2010, 02:42 PM
  #3668  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (12)
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 661
Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default

can anyone tell me what springs come in the foam kit?
kobiwan is offline  
Old 02-22-2010, 04:45 PM
  #3669  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,611
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by vr6cj
Just got me one of these bad boy photons too. I'll be running aspault 13.5 and 17.5. Anything from the kit setup that should differ on really smooth high taction aspault? I lso noticed the LF belts. SHould I go ahead and get those?

thanks
the lf belt seem like not as durable as the normal one....and it's just alittle different , i think softer alittle bit...
kschu is offline  
Old 02-22-2010, 05:03 PM
  #3670  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
adamge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Saskatoon,SK Canada
Posts: 1,654
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kobiwan
can anyone tell me what springs come in the foam kit?
According to the documents I have,
PS-TF17675 560gf/mm
PS-TF14625 306gf/mm
adamge is offline  
Old 02-22-2010, 05:25 PM
  #3671  
Tech Elite
 
odpurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,192
Default

Originally Posted by adamge
According to the documents I have,
PS-TF17675 560gf/mm
PS-TF14625 306gf/mm
That is correct, thanks Adam
odpurple is offline  
Old 02-22-2010, 05:26 PM
  #3672  
Suspended
iTrader: (87)
 
RaceAce701's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Carbondale, Pa
Posts: 3,044
Trader Rating: 87 (99%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kobiwan
Can someone give me a good foam tire set-up? My local hobby shop still runs foam. I also need a rubber tire set up so when I go to bigger races and other tracks that run rubber I'll have a set-up for my rubber tire car. Thanks
oh no ur switching to the RED side

i use a modified form or the haloween classic setup

see me sunday
RaceAce701 is offline  
Old 02-22-2010, 06:23 PM
  #3673  
Tech Elite
 
odpurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,192
Default Something New

USA Spec Foam kits

USA Spec Rubber kits

Now in stock at TOP Racing USA!
odpurple is offline  
Old 02-22-2010, 07:10 PM
  #3674  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
adamge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Saskatoon,SK Canada
Posts: 1,654
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Details on these "USA Spec" kits?
adamge is offline  
Old 02-22-2010, 07:16 PM
  #3675  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (49)
 
haywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,877
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Spec kits

Originally Posted by adamge
Details on these "USA Spec" kits?
I talked to Micheal today and I believe you will recieve some additional suspension parts with the new kits as a added bonus!
haywood is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.