Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car >

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Old 11-14-2009, 06:36 PM
  #2776  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (103)
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,393
Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by grouchy
Hey Stiltskin,
Do you know a good FDR for a Tekin 13.5 in my rubber photon?
thank you
Depends on the size of your track. I was running about 4.37 on our 140x60 asphalt track with the Tekin RS. I haven't tried to find the right gearing on carpet yet. I may play around with it tomorrow and let you know what I come up with.
stiltskin is offline  
Old 11-14-2009, 06:40 PM
  #2777  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 83
Default

Originally Posted by stiltskin
Depends on the size of your track. I was running about 4.37 on our 140x60 asphalt track with the Tekin RS. I haven't tried to find the right gearing on carpet yet. I may play around with it tomorrow and let you know what I come up with.
thank you
grouchy is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 05:07 AM
  #2778  
Tech Apprentice
 
jeppesen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Denmark
Posts: 79
Default

When Fairtrace writes "2 up" in the droop box on a set-up sheet, what is it 2 up from??

Please PM me if there is a good idear behind.

Thanks

Søren
jeppesen is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 05:24 AM
  #2779  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (109)
 
LOW ET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: cleveland, ohio
Posts: 3,290
Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by jeppesen
When Fairtrace writes "2 up" in the droop box on a set-up sheet, what is it 2 up from??

Please PM me if there is a good idear behind.

Thanks

Søren
up = up travel

i think he's setting droop like you would on a foam car.
LOW ET is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 05:36 AM
  #2780  
Tech Master
iTrader: (1)
 
adamge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Saskatoon,SK Canada
Posts: 1,654
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Up from right height.
adamge is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 12:30 PM
  #2781  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (49)
 
haywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,877
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by adamge
Up from right height.
So if have have 4mm ride height he would be at 6 for droop?
haywood is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 01:17 PM
  #2782  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (103)
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,393
Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by haywood
So if have have 4mm ride height he would be at 6 for droop?
Measure your ride height. Let's say it's 5mm. Lift the chassis until the tires are just barely touching and measure your ride height at this point. The difference should be 2mm. It is known as uptravel, or the distance the chassis travels before the tires would come off the ground.
stiltskin is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 01:48 PM
  #2783  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (49)
 
haywood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 2,877
Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)
Default Photon

What is the Photons internal gear ratio?
haywood is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 01:54 PM
  #2784  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (109)
 
LOW ET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: cleveland, ohio
Posts: 3,290
Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by haywood
What is the Photons internal gear ratio?
2:1
LOW ET is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 01:54 PM
  #2785  
Tech Regular
 
marcel p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: assen (holland)
Posts: 391
Default

[QUOTE=haywood;6602752]What is the Photons internal gear ratio?[/QUOTE

2.0 fdr
marcel p is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 09:41 PM
  #2786  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (16)
 
kschu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Kota Kinabalu,Sabah
Posts: 4,612
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

hi, would like to ask. when you guys using the side weight brass set, will it rubbing on the track when cornering ???
kschu is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 09:48 PM
  #2787  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (24)
 
L.Fairtrace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Beyond the Wall
Posts: 3,808
Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by kschu
hi, would like to ask. when you guys using the side weight brass set, will it rubbing on the track when cornering ???
Mine has not in any classes as of yet.
L.Fairtrace is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 10:13 PM
  #2788  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: All 48 states...
Posts: 2,053
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

+1 mine hasn't rubbed either. On a side note I was able to replace the middle weight with the long side weight. Placed it under the belt and moved all my extra weight from the electronics side to the battery side and balanced very nicely to 1440. Car feels dialed now!

LF...you have a pm
Gitsum is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 01:14 PM
  #2789  
Tech Regular
 
Team STPN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Roseville, Cal
Posts: 321
Default

Originally Posted by Gitsum
+1 mine hasn't rubbed either. On a side note I was able to replace the middle weight with the long side weight. Placed it under the belt and moved all my extra weight from the electronics side to the battery side and balanced very nicely to 1440. Car feels dialed now!

LF...you have a pm
Do you have any pics of that set up?
Team STPN is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 01:16 PM
  #2790  
Regional Moderator
iTrader: (25)
 
mrrcguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Jonesboro Akansas
Posts: 3,157
Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default

The Photons put down some good runs in Dallas this weekend at the Fall Classic. Myself and Dustin Layne finished 2nd and 3rd in 17.5 Rubber, and 4th and ? in 13.5 Rubber.

Congrats to Chris Adams for the 17.5 win, and to Mike Dumas for the 13.5 win.
mrrcguy is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.