Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kobiwan
Anyone know when T.O.P. USA is getting the Foam version in? I'm taking a chance and told my local hobby shop I wanted a Photon instead of the New Corally PHI '09. I was going to wait and see how it faired in the hands of other club racers, but I couldn't wait. Although the above post about the car pushing scares me a little.
Larry tested new foam car. He has drivin many cars. He is very demanding on cars and not happy unless there working right. Hes not 1 to sugar coat it if somethings not correct. After testing I saw a smile 600 miles away.....Hes never been so excited to attend a major event and Vegas is next week and hes very excited after testing last 2 days.

Larry has MANY MAJOR A main runs and past Reedy and Snowbirds Champion.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anyone know when T.O.P. USA is getting the Foam version in? I'm taking a chance and told my local hobby shop I wanted a Photon instead of the New Corally PHI '09. I was going to wait and see how it faired in the hands of other club racers, but I couldn't wait. Although the above post about the car pushing scares me a little.
im not sure what setup he is running but i have had a foam car for about a month or so. i took a rubber car and bought all the foam stuff. this car does everything but push. if you have one in vegas come see me i will give you my setup.
Old 09-03-2009, 03:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by John Tag
Larry tested new foam car. He has drivin many cars. He is very demanding on cars and not happy unless there working right. Hes not 1 to sugar coat it if somethings not correct. After testing I saw a smile 600 miles away.....Hes never been so excited to attend a major event and Vegas is next week and hes very excited after testing last 2 days.

Larry has MANY MAJOR A main runs and past Reedy and Snowbirds Champion.
Larry was testing at my home track Monday and Tuesday of this week. His dad races there with me. I was checking out the car and it looks really nice. I got all excited when I picked it up and handled it. I didn't get to see him run though, I stopped by for a few minutes but didn't have time to stay. When I said I was taking a chance I meant that I wanted to see it in the hands of an average club racer such as myself. Corally, Xray, and Losi have been around and are pretty much proven as very capable carpet cars. The Photon carpet version really hasn't been tested other than by Josh and Larry, and they could win with a Tamiya Frog. I was going to wait until I see how it does at big races and in the hands of a local club racer before I made a decision but I decided to get one and not wait. I couldn't help myself. The first big race I'll be attending with it will be the Halloween Classic. We'll see how it goes. I hope Larry, Josh and all the other T.O.P. drivers do well in Vegas.

Last edited by kobiwan; 09-03-2009 at 04:02 AM.
Old 09-03-2009, 04:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Larry was testing at my home track Monday and Tuesday of this week. His dad races there with me. I was checking out the car and it looks really nice. I got all excited when I picked it up and handled it. I didn't get to see him run though, I stopped by for a few minutes but didn't have time to stay. When I said I was taking a chance I meant that I wanted to see it in the hands of an average club racer such as myself. Corally, Xray, and Losi have been around and are pretty much proven as very capable carpet cars. The Photon carpet version really hasn't been tested other than by Josh and Larry, and they could win with a Tamiya Frog. I was going to wait until I see how it does at big races and in the hands of a local club racer before I made a decision but I decided to get one and not wait. I couldn't help myself. The first big race I'll be attending with it will be the Halloween Classic. We'll see how it goes. I hope Larry, Josh and all the other T.O.P. drivers do well in Vegas.

I hear ya.. On a side note the car made it thru 800 SacK Laps, So strenth is for sure good..LOL
Old 09-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Tech Elite

So Tag when are you getting yours....
Old 09-03-2009, 12:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by THeGame
So Tag when are you getting yours....

I heard him talking about a "purple" car a couple weeks ago.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:57 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by schreff

I heard him talking about a "purple" car a couple weeks ago.
that sounds about right.. how come your talking some sense in to him..
Old 09-03-2009, 02:15 PM
Tech Addict

I noticed that Amain hobbies sells a Lipo only chassis for Carpet and rubber versions of the Photon. I also seen a 3mm 6cell chassis for the foam version but not a 3mm lipo only version. Anyone know why? Is it because it doesn't need to be that thick since the lipo only chassis doesn't have any cut outs and has less flex?
Old 09-03-2009, 02:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Is it because it doesn't need to be that thick since the lipo only chassis doesn't have any cut outs and has less flex?
Old 09-03-2009, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Are 6 degree castor blocks, aluminum rear uprights, and aluminum steering knuckles available options for the Foam version? And if so, Are they recomended upgrades?
Old 09-03-2009, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

Are 6 degree castor blocks, aluminum rear uprights, and aluminum steering knuckles available options for the Foam version? And if so, Are they recomended upgrades?
kobiwan,

I don't think any of that stuff is necessary upgrades. Like Larry said he was running a stock Carpet Kit with a Lipo Chassis. You might want to get some more springs just to play around with depending on the track conditions..
Old 09-03-2009, 06:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Originally Posted by THeGame
kobiwan,

I don't think any of that stuff is necessary upgrades. Like Larry said he was running a stock Carpet Kit with a Lipo Chassis. You might want to get some more springs just to play around with depending on the track conditions..
Your such a Chuck!!!!!!!! UUUUMMMM
Old 09-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 42 (94%+)

I havent broke one single part yet on my top car and i just came back from a 20 month layoff the car is as strong as an xray,losi,tamiya,corally it doesnt need that stuff and i base that on the fact i never ran a brand new car at 4 or 5 races without a broken part
Old 09-03-2009, 07:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ron Goetter
Your such a Chuck!!!!!!!! UUUUMMMM
PULL IT!!!
Old 09-03-2009, 07:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

what about your 009?? call me I just got my cell back!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.