Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

T.O.P. Racing "Photon" 1/10 EP Touring Car

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 12:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

last saturday i broke 3 spool in my top car, each spool in every run, and i call the TOP today and told them the problem, and they said their gonna send me a couple of spool......
Old 07-31-2009, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by L.Fairtrace
Yes in the NE there is still a ton of guys that LOVE foam, Me being one of them.

Foam tires are cheaper than ever.

Lets not start this discussion on this thread. I'm anxiously awaiting my Foam Car.
your from Nebraska?
Old 07-31-2009, 12:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Larry live's in Philly I think NE meant Northeast
Old 07-31-2009, 02:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ERTRACHTER
Larry live's in Philly I think NE meant Northeast
I know
Old 07-31-2009, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

i still race foam.
Old 07-31-2009, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

I'm just trying to figure out this foam thing you guys are speaking of...
Old 07-31-2009, 04:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I'm going to the track the Nats are at in Oct. on sat, to start working on a setup for everyone.

Anyone planning on attending the nats? I'm not even 100 percent sure I'm going yet just curious as if anyone on this thread is planning on it?
Originally Posted by Jamie Hanson
And I will TRY and chase this guy around the track.
I'll be marshalling these top guns after my F-main....
Old 07-31-2009, 09:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jutaime00
last saturday i broke 3 spool in my top car, each spool in every run, and i call the TOP today and told them the problem, and they said their gonna send me a couple of spool......
glad to hear they're taking care of you. I just finished my third race night, and the spool is still in one piece, but the left cup is tick-tocking in the mount - I just haven't had a chance to take it apart and see why yet.

Getting the car dialed in more and more... My top 20 lap average was faster than my fastest single lap two nights ago

Racing is like the answer to the ever-popular wuestion - How do you get to Carnegie Hall? practice man, practice!
Old 07-31-2009, 10:24 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Yes in the NE there is still a ton of guys that LOVE foam, Me being one of them.

Foam tires are cheaper than ever.

Lets not start this discussion on this thread. I'm anxiously awaiting my Foam Car.
Cheap? Man somethings wrong here. The last few guys that ran that had no less than 5 full sets of "O-Rings" that were pretty much junk at the end of the night. So if they were 5 times cheaper maybe I would buy into that but.... not gonna do it. Run them if you want to , my moneys in the Rubber. $30 a set for about 2 or 3 months of racing twice a week.
Old 08-01-2009, 12:28 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
Does any one actually still run foam on a T/C ?
Think it got too expensive to keep tires on them.
Common man, 4wd and foam? Roar and every one else are trying to slow the cars down and foam on a T/C is way too fast . The corner speed is off the chart. Foam T/C is a unnecessary class. We do not need to diversify or dilute our hobby any more than it is already. Far too many classes. Back in the 90's mod rubber T/C was all there was and 80 people raced. Now we are lucky to get 20. But only 2 guys want to run foam...
Foams died for those reasons in many indoor series here in the UK...mostly control rubber now.

Im looking forward to running mine indoors in a winter series,the car seems to generate plenty of stable grip that will be handy on carpet..as for set up any tips would be helpfull "im no carpet expert at all"
Old 08-02-2009, 10:15 AM
Tech Regular

who have a basic setup FOR:

asphalt
13.5 + LIPO (1300gr)
Sorex 36r

THANK
OLIVIER
Old 08-02-2009, 07:18 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

I got to try the new bulkhead braces today. I had intended to try them front and rear, but as usual I got side tracked messing around with ESC's, gearing, and the quest for the holy grail-o-rip.

I did try the new brace in the rear of the car. Before the brace the car was very planted with plenty of grip everywhere yet zero push. So with such a good base I was uncertain if I would like the brace. When I installed the brace I also used the center post that it comes with. I did not notice any significant loss of rear grip as I thought might happen. What I did get was much quicker and snappier steering response with better rotation. Again these gains seemed to come without the feeling of a loss of rear grip.

By the end of the day I was running on wasted tires as I ran a lot of packs today and I started with old stuff in the first place. With the older tires and the decrease in stability caused by them, removing the brace would have been the way to go if a race were on the line rather than just a practice day.

I dont know what the Part # is for these braces as we sometimes dont get full packaging on our stuff when it is first released. If you want to pick up some of these braces just call Michael or EJ and ask for "The New Bulkhead Braces", and they will know what you want.

I highly recomend having these little suckas. They are quick, easy, subtle, yet effective tuning aids.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

can u post an pic of your car with the brace on it?
Old 08-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I been running the Braces for a couple weeks now and like Q said, I have seen no loss of traction with them I just like them so they keep the car more square because it connects the rear bulkheads.

Q what speedo are you running and what class and stuff? I might have some suggestions for the holy grail of rip lol.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Are you guys talking about the wings? Or is this something different?

Last edited by smoke81; 08-02-2009 at 07:58 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.