R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2003, 11:39 AM   #16
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

But did you guys read my post about the KinetiX cells that I recieved? That's far from honest...
Old 11-24-2003, 11:48 AM   #17
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to mab_man20
Default observation

Everyone posting for the Fukuyama cells has Fukuyama in their avitar.

I must also say i know Nexus personally and have been beaten by a fukayama pack in his car (he is not on their payroll either).
Old 11-24-2003, 11:57 AM   #18
Tech Elite

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Maybe the persons that posted about Fukuyama cells feel strongly about their product. This thread indeed was asking the opinion of the two companies product. I indeed feel Fukuyama Cells are incredible, but I have never tried KinetiX's product so I can not say and will not talk negatively about their campaign or product.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:00 PM   #19
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Re: observation

Quote:
Originally posted by mab_man20
Everyone posting for the Fukuyama cells has Fukuyama in their avitar.

I must also say i know Nexus personally and have been beaten by a fukayama pack in his car (he is not on their payroll either).
I think the reason for this is when you get service as good as we get and product as good as we get from Fukuyama, you tend to get very loyal customers who are willing to help promote your product. I'm not on the payroll either but I feel strongly about them.

You could sit here and debate, this one is better or that one is better. Fact is, it's down to who you feel comfortable dealing with. I like Dan and like dealing with Dan. Their product is the best I ever had, the price is awesome, and the service is amazing.
Old 11-24-2003, 12:24 PM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
I bought 5 packs from KinetiX, all 1.17+ packs. They didn't give me the punch I wanted, so I asked Dan if he'd rematch them for me to see if the #'s were off. Out of 30 cells, 3 of them were very low 1.17's! I had maybe 15 mid 1.16's, and the rest were 1.15's! Those #'s are after only 1 run, when they should be at their peak voltage. I will never suggest KinetiX to anyone after that...
Yes, I did see your quote. All of my Kinetix are fine. I have never tried Fukuyama Cells, so I don't know about them. I do know that when I inquired about some of their cell I was told they were out of stock and I would be put on the waiting list for 1.17+. Never heard back, so I went with the person who did get back to me, Ron.

Later,
Old 11-24-2003, 01:02 PM   #21
Tech Adept

Default How to store my 4 cell packs?

I won't be racing for about 2 weeks. I was wondering how I should store my 4 cell 1.176's. Should I discharge them down to 3.6v and leave them. Or can I charge them up and store them fully charged until I'm ready to use them?
Old 11-24-2003, 01:19 PM   #22
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to John Fontaine

Discharging to .9/cell and resting them should be fine for two weeks.
Old 11-24-2003, 02:49 PM   #23
Tech Apprentice

Default Kinetix v. Fuku

I would say... buy one pack of each... run them... decide which you like best... sell the other, then buy two more packs of the type you like.

I've not run Kinetix, but I do have two packs of the Fukuyama's. I've been very pleased with the service and their products.

Just my 0.02

James
Old 11-24-2003, 03:27 PM   #24
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

the only cells i have run are Peak, Pro-Match, Trinity, and Fukuyama.

Trinity - didn't like their cells at all and they were waaaay overpriced.

Peak Racing - the powerflo cells are good cells it was just hard to get the "worlds" level cells

ProMatch - great batteries and good prices

Fukuyama - excellent cells, great pricing, and superior customer service. i also feel that w/ these cells i had more punch over a longer period of time.
Old 11-24-2003, 03:38 PM   #25
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

You're right about Trintiy being over priced. I've found that most of the "Big Name" companies like them are over priced to the hobby shops and then, in turn to us. I mean, there's not a battery pack in the world that's worth $100! Yet you look in all the hobby shops and it's not uncommon to see packs with 1.15's and 6's for $90-$100. It's insane.
Old 11-24-2003, 04:05 PM   #26
R/C Tech Founder

After much thought, I don't think a "versus" thread like this is going to do anybody any good. I've closed similar ones in the past as well. This "discussion" really just amounts to a popularity contest, and there are many other topical threads in this forum that cover the same topic. Both companies are matching the same cells, so either way you are getting GP3300's with a different process applied.

Thanks for understanding.

edit: I have reopened this thread due to an accusation made above that I felt deserved a response.

Last edited by futureal; 11-24-2003 at 06:12 PM.
Old 11-24-2003, 06:32 PM   #27
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally posted by Randman
That's far from honest...
I am owner of Kinetix RC and I would like to point out that randman (initials of R.Cas...) has never purchased 1 pack from me and I have never received an email from anyone (not just randman) complaining about the quality of Kinetix cells. Nevertheless, there has never been an email or a phone call from this person, and if I spent $300 in batteries and was not pleased, I would have called. I even attempted to call his number because he is registered as a customer on my site (with no orders) and the number is disconnected/out of service. I don't appreciate the false allegations of someone pretending to have purchased my packs and than saying they are of poor quality. It is absolutely impossible for me to change the numbers on the cells, the only way numbers do change is if you have a poor soldering iron or short the cells while building them, either way, randman has not purchased a pack from Kinetix so neither of these apply in this situation.

By everything we can see, these packs were not purchased first hand from us, so they could have poor soldering, sat in a trunk the of a hot car, overheated, charged incorrectly or charged on a poor charger, but the claim is lead us to believe that he purchased them directly from us and put one charge on it which we can find no evidence for.

I don't like to get involved with this sort of drama and I make it a point not to speak about anyone elses company directly. I find it is better to just let the product speak for itself, but that is tough to do if false allegations are being made. It is great to have a company that you support or even support you, but we don't agree with tactics like this to boost a company by bringing down another.

The Kinetix phone # is 512-825-6047 and all I do all day long is talk to customers, you can call this number at anytime because when I goto sleep I turn off the ringer so you won't be bothering anybody.

Last edited by ATOMIC; 11-24-2003 at 07:19 PM.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:06 PM   #28
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to stormperson

I have had great expeariances running Kinetix packs (heck I even got an A-main finish at the ROAR paved nats with em). I have also heard and seen great things with the Fukuyama cells.

Either way you cannot go wrong.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:21 PM   #29
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Atomic - Look up an order for James Caster, Randy is my middle name. I bought the cells directly from you.

As for how the cells were taken care of, they were stored in my house, until I took them to the racetrack, yes they were in the trunk for that period of time. I used a Turbo35 GFX to charge the batteries, and I used the instructions on your website as charging perameters. I dont know how a poor solder job would affect the packs, but I have a Weller WESD51 soldering iron with a digital tip temperature readout, I wait until the tip is hot, then use a very small amount of solder quickly to get the bar secured.

Honestly though, I have only run Trinity packs in the past, and am used to that kind of customer service, so I never tried to contact you when I felt the packs were underpowered.

I met Dan at SoCal raceway, and didn't even know that he ran Fukuyama racing, and I was talking to him about the packs feeling sluggish, I asked him if he'd rematch them for me to hopefully peak a little more power out of them, but the #'s just dropped.

Edit: You were payed on July 7'th if you need a record...

Last edited by Randy Caster; 11-24-2003 at 08:30 PM.
Old 11-24-2003, 08:54 PM   #30
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I just have to chime in on the thing that this is a popularity thing. I as well as many others here support a company not because its the thing to do, or a fad, its because product A works, delivers great results, has EXCEPTIONAL customer service, and is a good buy. That has been shown in all the posts above and hasnt been commercialized into a nike type thing where its cool to sport their product. Batteries are tools not statements therefore you would want the best tool you can get for the job you are working on. Who would you rather buy a expensive item from on ebay, one who has great feedback, and customers that you could speak to directly and get a feel for the product, or the guy who might not have as many customers, and maybe they werent as apt for speaking out for the company?

I wasnt knocking down any company in the above post, but I feel that that assesment that this was a vs. battle was way off, and maybe I am wrong for thinking this way, but maybe Im right also. Nobody put one company down blindly(i.e. knocked a company w/o even trying the company out) and for that I saw this as a healthy topic of discussion.

please delete if necessary, but at least try to think about it in that light Futureal

Thanks,
JR
Closed Thread