R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Tech MY02 Forum (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/28174-tech-my02-forum.html)

Shop Friendly 11-23-2003 07:24 PM

Tech MY02 Forum
 
Please post any information here regarding the Tech MY02. I heard from a very reliable source that these guys are responsible for the development of the new Tamiya 415.

How good is the Tech MY02?:)

http://www.tech-racing.co.jp/pic/my02/my02_001.jpg

http://www.tech-racing.co.jp/pic/my02/my02_002.jpg

http://www.tech-racing.co.jp/pic/my02/my02_004.jpg

http://www.tech-racing.co.jp/pic/my02/my02_003.jpg

SpeedTech 11-23-2003 07:28 PM

Hi Guys,

Well, I guess this is a perfect time to make the announcement. We will be brining in the Tech Racing line (first shipment approx. 2 weeks away) including the new MY02"R" sedan, 1/12th scale Slit works edition, and their line of hop-ups. I'll keep you guys posted :nod:

Steve Wang

highwayman 11-23-2003 09:21 PM


Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Well, I guess this is a perfect time to make the announcement. We will be brining in the Tech Racing line (first shipment approx. 2 weeks away) including the new MY02"R" sedan, 1/12th scale Slit works edition, and their line of hop-ups. I'll keep you guys posted :nod:

Steve Wang


hi steve,

is this the same company that has the TC3 one way conversion for the losi XXX's? if so, will this be included in your stocks?

thanks

highwayman 11-23-2003 09:26 PM

Re: Tech MY02 Forum
 

Originally posted by Shop Friendly
Please post any information here regarding the Tech MY02. I heard from a very reliable source that these guys are responsible for the development of the new Tamiya 415.

How good is the Tech MY02?:)


hmmm... looks interesting :nod: :D

heard the do pretty well in the japanese racing circuit...:nod: :cool:

Diva 11-23-2003 09:28 PM

Oh, this car is too old to me. I got it for almost 1 year. Fantastic machinery and design. Perfect weight balance. Unbeatable internal gear ratio. You won't regret to own one. This car simply hinders me from getting the 415 since "why got a copycat?"

highwayman 11-23-2003 09:38 PM


Originally posted by Diva
Oh, this car is too old to me. I got it for almost 1 year. Fantastic machinery and design. Perfect weight balance. Unbeatable internal gear ratio. You won't regret to own one. This car simply hinders me from getting the 415 since "why got a copycat?"

weren't there any refinements?

Kenneth Tan 11-23-2003 09:48 PM

http://www.tech-racing.co.jp/

SpeedTech 11-23-2003 09:55 PM


Originally posted by highwayman
hi steve,

is this the same company that has the TC3 one way conversion for the losi XXX's? if so, will this be included in your stocks?

thanks

highwayman,

I'm not sure yet, I'm still "decoding" their parts list. But I do know that Tech Racing makes some really nice one-way unit for the Losi, XXX-S and other cars as well.

Steve Wang

SpeedTech 11-23-2003 10:03 PM

The MY02 we are bringing in is the latest version from Tech Racing, the "R" spec. Which has the new 3D cutting chassis, and all the graphite components. I'll have more details once I receive our samples in. Tech Racing is another one of those Japanese high-end company that's been around for a long long time. So their quality will be top notch and second to none to other cars in the market. They also had some pretty good success lately in the Japanese racing circuit. :nod:

Steve Wang

JusBox 11-23-2003 10:31 PM

But it has... BELTS!!! What will the cuda guys think? :ha:

Oh and what do you think pricing will be?

SpeedTech 11-23-2003 10:35 PM

AWOLSoldier,

Hahahah...belts are still a good design, and there is a good group of racers that swears by belts. For those that likes the shaft design, we offer the Barracuda line and for those that likes the 2 belt design, we offer the MY02 line. And it seems like the MY02's 2 belt design is the next generation of 2 belt design :nod:

Steve Wang

Diva 11-24-2003 06:39 PM


Originally posted by SpeedTech
AWOLSoldier,

... And it seems like the MY02's 2 belt design is the next generation of 2 belt design :nod:

Steve Wang

I think Atlas put that design on the Si age ago.:o

SpeedTech 11-24-2003 11:35 PM

Diva,

well, it's probably only been proven now that its the way to go since the bigger company (Tamiya) is heading that direction. :)

Steve Wang

Diva 11-25-2003 12:59 AM


Originally posted by SpeedTech
Diva,

well, it's probably only been proven now that its the way to go since the bigger company (Tamiya) is heading that direction. :)

Steve Wang

That's why I don't trust those big company. And I don't think they can head the direction. There're many goodies produced by small factories. OVA, TECH racing are the examples.

Personally, I won't get the 415 since I have both the Si and the MY02 which are most likely its ancestor, not to mention the MR4TC (which is with tub). And you see that I'm selling both the Si and the MY at the forsale thread since I don't want to keep 2 cars with similar characters. My intention is to get rid of one of them.

my 0.02:sweat:

SpeedTech 11-25-2003 07:38 AM

Diva,

interesting point :) Ultimately touring cars might become similar to off-road where the buggies and truck all look very similar to one another.

Steve Wang


All times are GMT -7. It is currently 02:30 AM.

Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.3.8
Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.