Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What VTA. bodies are avaliable?

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2009, 11:49 AM
Tech Initiate

Default What VTA. bodies are avaliable?

What type of bodies, meaning (Camaro Mustang Charger ect.) are out there for purchase?
Where do you order them? I wish to have one that is different from a Camaro, Mustang, Challenger.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mduncan31
What type of bodies, meaning (Camaro Mustang Charger ect.) are out there for purchase?
Where do you order them? I wish to have one that is different from a Camaro, Mustang, Challenger.
USVTA rules allow -- ONLY -- these bodies:

HPI part numbers:
17510 - 1970 Plymouth AAR 'Cuda
17519 - 1966 Ford Mustang GT
17508 - 1965 Ford Shelby GT-350
7494 - 1968 Chevrolet Camaro

Parma part numbers:
10143 - 1969 Z28 Camaro
10141 - 1970 Boss Mustang
10113 - 1970 'Cuda

Pegasus Hobbies part numbers:
PGH4001 - 1970 Camaro SS
PGH4002 - 1970 'Cuda
PGH4003 - 1970 Mustang
Old 01-12-2009, 01:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mduncan31
I wish to have one that is different from a Camaro, Mustang, Challenger.
Maybe we'll have more options as the class grows in popularity.

What body would you like to have? I think an AMX would be pretty cool. Here's some cool AMX photos.

http://images.search.yahoo.com/image...sigb=1320naa6s

Plus a really nice period shot.

Old 01-12-2009, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I would like to see a GOOD LOOKING version of the Boss 302 Junkstang or a Firebird -- Hello.... Dale Epp are you listening ??
Attached Thumbnails What VTA. bodies are avaliable?-wc031464.jpg   What VTA. bodies are avaliable?-wc051683.jpg  
Old 01-12-2009, 02:18 PM
Tech Initiate

AMX is exactly what I would like! An old Nova would be cool to!
Old 01-12-2009, 02:23 PM
Tech Initiate

OOps! I geuss a nova isn't a trans am car. I just like all the old muscle.
I used to have an old 77 trans am smokey style that would be cool too.
Old 01-12-2009, 02:31 PM
Tech Adept

Hello (this means you Dale) A firebird/trans am would be a given for this class. A second gen 70-73 would be the most accurate, and the easiest to pull out of lexan, due to the shape of the body. (Amx would be sweet too!)
Old 01-12-2009, 05:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gto0209
A second gen 70-73 would be the most accurate, and the easiest to pull out of lexan, due to the shape of the body.
I agree a 2nd gen Camero/Firebird would be sweet. I'd also like a '69 Camero but do understand what it takes to make the molds.

I'm trying to think what other cars ran that series.

IMO, variety will spice up this class, otherwise it will be just like a bunch of Mazda 6 clones after a while. Right now it looks fresh and realistic which I love. I'm liking the RCGT class for the same reason.
Old 03-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Tech Adept

Ya know...i have no clue who put these crap rules together ...even just for the bodies alone. Take a look at what was raced backed then ...yes even a falcon and a chevy 2 nova! They should atleast totally allow for anytype of body style that was in the real trans am series.
I personally think that whom ever did put this series together was more into r/c racing and not really into ol school muscle.

http://www.trans-amseries.com/Roster.htm
Old 03-05-2009, 10:13 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by mike m
Ya know...i have no clue who put these crap rules together ...even just for the bodies alone. Take a look at what was raced backed then ...yes even a falcon and a chevy 2 nova! They should atleast totally allow for anytype of body style that was in the real trans am series.
I personally think that whom ever did put this series together was more into r/c racing and not really into ol school muscle.

The rules were carefully written after a lot of thoughtful input from racers and organizers over a long period of time. The body choices are what is currently available to represent the American muscle car era of Trans Am. The series' success speaks for itself. Now you have a clue.
Old 03-06-2009, 05:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Rather rude to come in completely clueless as to what went into creating the rules and bash the creators.

Why don't you spend some time creating a new class of racing and see if yours comes close to being as popular.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Elite

The rules are based on bodies already available. I am sure if a company make a realistic Dart or Falcon it would be considered.
Old 03-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

The problem is the bodies currently available. Trying to get the body makers to create new molds is worse than pulling hens teeth. The goal is eventually to get to that point, but unless the bodies are available, we're stuck with what's in production. As far as 'crap rules', you couldn't be further from the truth. Trans Am wasn't a muscle car class. It was a 5 liter and under pony car class. You will never see a Chevelle, Buick GSX, Super Bee, GTO, Charger, Impala, 67 or later Nova run as a VTA body.
Old 03-07-2009, 06:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by liljohn1064
You will never see a Chevelle, Buick GSX, Super Bee, GTO, Charger, Impala, 67 or later Nova run as a VTA body.

Ahhh but I would so buy any and all of those shells if they were available.