R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-23-2003, 04:11 AM   #16
Tech Regular

Default Re: Lavco numbers

Quote:
Originally posted by picco007
Hey Popsracer, I have yet to see some lavco numbers be higher than competition electronics numbers. I think that the lavco numbers are lower because I have seen some racers that have received cells that are "high voltage packs" and the best numbers have been 1.161 to 1.165 somewhere in that range. I would like to see who else is using lavco numbers because the 1 set of lavco numbered cells that I have are some great batteries........Let me know what you think.

I use Team Orion batteries, and they use Lavco.

The numbers on my packs are around 1.18's. but some are as high as 1.187...
Johnny J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 04:40 AM   #17
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

ive seen fantom 3000 packs with 1.2xx volts (off the shelf) discharged at 30amps but were no better than any other pack. this was a while ago though. dont know if the new packs are like this.
dontfeelcold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 05:27 AM   #18
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

those might be panasonic cells which are known to produce more than 1.2V avg.
lee82gx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 08:36 AM   #19
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Send a message via MSN to Chrisgt2 Send a message via Yahoo to Chrisgt2

NEWS FLASH

Troy (Fantom) gets his Batteries from SMC.....has his labels put on them

Chris
Chrisgt2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 08:44 AM   #20
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)
Send a message via Yahoo to Jeff Werner

There are many matching companies out there. Some of them are even distributers to other companies. I know that Jeff Roe at Promatch is now selling to other matchers. Does not make companies like Fantom any less reliable or legit in terms of the cells they sell. Every battery matcher has to get the cells from someone.

Jeff
Jeff Werner is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 10:14 AM   #21
Tech Elite

Default Re: Lavco numbers

Quote:
Originally posted by picco007
Hey Popsracer, I have yet to see some lavco numbers be higher than competition electronics numbers. I think that the lavco numbers are lower because I have seen some racers that have received cells that are "high voltage packs" and the best numbers have been 1.161 to 1.165 somewhere in that range. I would like to see who else is using lavco numbers because the 1 set of lavco numbered cells that I have are some great batteries........Let me know what you think.
The term "High Voltage" can be applied to anything the Matcher likes, irrespective of the numbers on the pack.

Even within IDENTICAL matching machines, there exists calibration differences between machines that will produce slightly variant numbers using the exact same cell(s).

The point is, you cannot reliably compare numbers from different matchers, especially if they are not using the same brand of Equipment (CE vs LAVco).
popsracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 03:59 PM   #22
Tech Adept

Default Fusion Batts

Well guys I can give you my report on the fusion batt, for what it's worth! I am new to electric, but I do have an idea of what's going on.

First I have to say that my car (XXXS-G+) was not set-up very well for the colder than normal temps we had last evening, but I can say that for the first time I was running faster (straight away speed) and had an excellent punch from corner to corner than I have ever had before.

I was running a 19T Chameleon (Fresh Reedy 767 brushes & comm clean-up) geared 6.86 overall and using a GT-7 Esc on the default program. I charged the pack at 5amps on my Millineum Pro.

I was certainly impressed with the speed the car had, it's just too bad I didn't set-up correctly for the cold weather! Newby electric guy I guess. The car was hooked up during the daylight on old scab 27F/22R Take-offs. I switched to 22 Take Offs all the way around after dark, but the set-up was obviously off.

Anyway, that pack seems like a different motor was installed, and I have a very good Pro-Match pack as well I ran for comparison. Not that the Pro Match is bad, not at all, just the fusion really had some great snap.
NitroJohnnyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2003, 09:02 PM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 92 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to picco007 Send a message via Yahoo to picco007
Default Re: Re: Lavco numbers

Quote:
Originally posted by popsracer
The term "High Voltage" can be applied to anything the Matcher likes, irrespective of the numbers on the pack.

Even within IDENTICAL matching machines, there exists calibration differences between machines that will produce slightly variant numbers using the exact same cell(s).

The point is, you cannot reliably compare numbers from different matchers, especially if they are not using the same brand of Equipment (CE vs LAVco).

I agree.....thanks.

Ronnie
picco007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 02:07 AM   #24
Tech Master

Default Re: Cells, cells and more cells...

Quote:
Originally posted by NitroJohnnyD
[B]Rookie, newby electric guy here again!

What is more important with battery cells, iternal resistance, voltage, runtime or capacity?[B]
Listen you Guys, the labels also can really differ because of the discharge amps used (also linear or some kind of flexdischarge) and the cutoff voltage.

A lot manucaturers, have gone from .85 to .90 etc, and some are now using 1.0 or higher. Because Runtime don't care no more nowadays.
So this also boosts the numbers on the labels!
PizzaDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 04:20 PM   #25
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to sjslhill
Default We have some good cells....

Sets of 1.17's, .90V, 5000, Turbomatcher 4/35 @ 30 amps
Green/Orange cells GP3300's

Yes, we adverstise here.....

http://www.battlepack.com/Matched.asp

E-mail us if you want to know exactly what we have before ordering.

One set is 430+ 1.170+

thanks
Steve
sjslhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 04:39 PM   #26
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default seconds and volts

one needs to remember that not all companies use the Competition Electronics dischargers to match their batteries. some use the LAVCO matchers and some use their own

suck as Orion, Reedy. Integy...etc........etc.

also many companies use their own/separate trade secret zapping and cycling processes. some even insure the batteries are at a certain temp before the process starts and keep the rooms at a constant temp, etc. others don't.........

some charge their cells at 5 amps, others at 6 amps before under going the 20 to 35 amp discharge

seconds and numbers very rarely can be compared from one battery matching company to the next.

don't be the donkey chasing the everlasting carrot flavored gop-stopper
fast-ho-cars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 06:25 PM   #27
Tech Initiate

Send a message via AIM to sjslhill
Default Here is some real fiction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3161327147
sjslhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 07:50 PM   #28

R/C Tech Charter Subscriber

Default Re: Here is some real fiction

Quote:
Originally posted by sjslhill
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3161327147
Yeah that's stupid, as GP does not match cells as far as I know. If they were mathched, you would think they would have stickers...How can you match cells without stickers? Do you guess, or something?
Speedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 05:12 AM   #29
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Here is the Letter again

From GP

Dear Mr. XXXX,

Regarding the different versions of GP3300, there is no difference at all between GP330SCHR(rainbow colour sleeve), GP330SCHC(green and orange sleeve) and the S.P. versions, in terms of cell construction and performance. To our knowledge, they are all of the same professional grade cells.

Nevertheless, we understood the cells might fall within a range of
voltage, and whether how the matchers pick and boost the cell voltage even further to promote their matched cells, that would be entirely their own business.

Also, one of the rumours in the thread about GP provides the customers in Asia with the new and better cells ahead of those in the States is totally untrue. We have a great sales network and distributors all over the world, and the worldwide customers are equally valuable to us.

I hope the above information we are providing is clear. If there are any further queries, please do not hesistate and kindly let me know.

Thank you very much for your great support in racing with GP batteries.

Best regards,
Josephine Tam
Quality Engineer, GP Batteries

Hope it clears some things. . . . . . I got this letter months back, I just saved it on my inbox.

Peace and Happy Racing!
lem2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 06:54 AM   #30
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

actually i think GP HAS started to offer pre-matched batteries ...
refer to Fukuyama website.
it says these cells,although are matched , do not have the strict tolerances as those u can get from other matchers.
lee82gx is offline   Reply With Quote