R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 02-15-2013, 04:52 PM   #616
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to trackdesigner71 Send a message via Yahoo to trackdesigner71

There arent a ton of Aston Martins racing but I think there are enough to where anyone who gets one of them can paint it up to look like an actual race car. The Alfas youd probably have to stick to the Autodelta Corse team because there really havent been a lot of them that Ive seen on the world stage in the last couple years
trackdesigner71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 09:55 PM   #617
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

When the new Giana comes out we'll have a new body! For the guy that wrote about WGT dying and F1 coming back. Down here F1 came and went two years ago.And WGT is still here and doing good.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 06:15 AM   #618
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullFrog View Post
When the new Giana comes out we'll have a new body! For the guy that wrote about WGT dying and F1 coming back. Down here F1 came and went two years ago.And WGT is still here and doing good.
Your news is about four years old. PF said they will have the Giana in 2009 and it is now 2013 and the only WGT body they offer is the Sophia. Four years ago they had three bodies in their line up (actually two because the Mulsanne wasn't really allowed.)

I'm glad that you still have WGT in your area, it is dead in Illinois, absolutely dead. However F1 is on the rise and growing here. 1/12 scale is still hanging on but not by much, VTA is huge and USGT is growing. The biggest class of all is Slash/SCT.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 03:40 PM   #619
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tnt2671

Ya the Gianna body rumor has been around for a long time doesn't seem to be happening. Has anybody ever even seen the design ?
tnt2671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:02 PM   #620
Tech Elite

You guys are funny! When the guy making the body tells you something I believe him! Especially in person face to face. Also the reason why it is late was know over 6 months ago to a select few. The body is coming out next month. Now your harping on a new VTA body- an Trans Am/Camaro. This is not a debate about anything you can control.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
Old 02-16-2013, 08:30 PM   #621
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Send a message via AIM to tnt2671

Quote:
You guys are funny! When the guy making the body tells you something I believe him! Especially in person face to face. Also the reason why it is late was know over 6 months ago to a select few. The body is coming out next month. Now your harping on a new VTA body- an Trans Am/Camaro. This is not a debate about anything you can control.
Speaking for my self I'm not harping on anything I'm just wondering if the body is still in the works and if any body " select few" have seen the design. Good to k know its coming soon
tnt2671 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 06:46 AM   #622
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quote:
I'll believe it when I see it.
AreCee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:06 AM   #623
Tech Elite

The only ones that have seen it is Dale.The only thing I can say is he had other projects that had to get done first.You can see he's had several bodies released latey- it's coming. I'll even post a comment when mine shows up in the mail.............
Old 02-17-2013, 11:36 AM   #624
Tech Champion

When I spoke to him at the IIC he said a lot of things were delayed due to some health issues but that he was healthy again and back on track.
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 11:55 AM   #625
Tech Adept

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
Your news is about four years old. PF said they will have the Giana in 2009 and it is now 2013 and the only WGT body they offer is the Sophia. Four years ago they had three bodies in their line up (actually two because the Mulsanne wasn't really allowed.)

I'm glad that you still have WGT in your area, it is dead in Illinois, absolutely dead. However F1 is on the rise and growing here. 1/12 scale is still hanging on but not by much, VTA is huge and USGT is growing. The biggest class of all is Slash/SCT.
maybe trying to get a WGT class at leisurehours this coming year.just heard talk, but you know how that go's.would be sweet though
atmeearacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 12:09 PM   #626
Tech Adept

Hi Guys,

The Gianna was pretty well on its way to be finished after the Holidays. Dale was really hoping to have one for display at the Snowbirds.

He had to put it aside to finish his latest 1/8th body for the upcoming Worlds.

That is done, so his current project is the Gianna again. I’m pretty sure he is shooting for a mid March debut.

Yes.... it looks very cool.

Take care.-Bruce

Last edited by SpeedMerchant; 02-17-2013 at 07:12 PM.
SpeedMerchant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 01:17 PM   #627
Tech Addict

Default Delays - delays - delays

This is not a ploy to gain any sympathy from any of you guys - just the cold hard facts.

The truth be told guys 2012 was without a doubt the worst year of my life on a personal level - and 2013 has not started out to be too much better. In the last 8 months I've spent 5 months laid up in bed unable to work. (recuperating from 2 emergency surgeries as well as other unrelated sicknesses)

The WGT project is only one of many projects in my shop that has been delayed. I hate it as much as anyone. I'm hoping and praying there is a silver lining to all this (somewhere) and eventually I'll see some "good" in it all.

Dale Epp - Protoform
Old 02-17-2013, 01:21 PM   #628
Tech Adept

Make sure your health comes first!!
As much as we would all love another shell to race (that pretty much everyone will use then people will start bitching about Gianna class) we would rather have you healthy and keep developing shells as long as you want to!!
Old 02-17-2013, 02:52 PM   #629
Tech Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by daleepp View Post
This is not a ploy to gain any sympathy from any of you guys - just the cold hard facts.

The truth be told guys 2012 was without a doubt the worst year of my life on a personal level - and 2013 has not started out to be too much better. In the last 8 months I've spent 5 months laid up in bed unable to work. (recuperating from 2 emergency surgeries as well as other unrelated sicknesses)

The WGT project is only one of many projects in my shop that has been delayed. I hate it as much as anyone. I'm hoping and praying there is a silver lining to all this (somewhere) and eventually I'll see some "good" in it all.

Dale Epp - Protoform
Hey Dale,

Sorry to hear your health issues have continued. When we spoke at IIC it certainly seemed like they were behind you. I hope things get better soon!
InspGadgt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 07:00 AM   #630
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Has any one tryed out the PF Lexus LFA??
I can't see why this isnt a legal body,front engined,rear drive.Looks Killer too.

Has anyone raced one? Is the handling ok,or is it slower than the Sophia.

http://racepf.com/touring-car-200mm/...fa-clear-body/

Also,how about the MultiMatic Astons competing in yor GrandAm GS class.Nice simple paint jobs,would be a easy to do race replica.

http://www.google.com.au/search?q=US...w=1366&bih=651

Pity Tamiya didnt make these 2 in 200mm width

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58561

This Suby looks so cool,has to be seen on a WGT track.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=58548
FGX Mckune Mercedes W02
Fleet powered by Thunder Power and Tekin,Spektrum and Hitec,painted by HABIBS BODIES

Last edited by Peli; 02-18-2013 at 07:49 AM.
Peli is offline   Reply With Quote