R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Old 11-05-2011, 06:55 PM   #526
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdrive View Post
A little off-topic but there is a re-release of the pro10 hotbodies nissan.

not in this country

Turns out not where, but who your with that really matters... DMB
tallyrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 09:57 PM   #527
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AreCee View Post
I wouldn't know, all my tires start off at 55mm.
Thanks, Ive been running the Sophia (like it) but not in love with it and might be trying a DB9 as well soon.
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:13 AM   #528
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

How about the Corally Nissan Alexander?
I have it and it gives from my point a view a nice overall downforce and enough steering

regards Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2wdrive View Post
A little off-topic but there is a re-release of the pro10 hotbodies nissan.
Sponsered by me,myself and i :)
Pro10noob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 04:56 AM   #529
Tech Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallyrc View Post
not in this country
It isn't availlable in my country either but ordering online is an easy way of shopping nowadays. At the moment i haven't been able to buy it as it isn't availlable yet it seems. Outdoor season is over so must be beginning of next year probably.
Old 11-06-2011, 06:49 AM   #530
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

There is basically one body manufacturer here in the USA.So any body they make is competiting for the same sales as they already have.With the economy the way it is we are lucky to have a new one coming in late dec-or jan.Most of those wide bodies overseas are the things we used to race over here when we ran the wide cars. I tried talking with another body manufacturer but he is to busy doing what he's doing to make and bodies. So we got what we got.
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
BullFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 07:13 AM   #531
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Stateside (and commonly available) we have:
  • Parma-PSE for the DB9
  • Pro-Line/ProtoForm for the Sophia
  • McAllister for the Ferrari 599

All are good bodies and can be highly competative. Just like the chassis/motor/esc/battery/etc.....it's the singer, not the song.

In a world of purpose made bodies for a relatively small class driven relatively infrequently, it doesn't make sense for any manufacturer to make more than one highly refined body....why compete with yourself with so little market share and finite resources?

NONE of the current bodies enjoys more than occasional dominance, and no one really pays any attention to it unless it's one of the big carpet races.

While it will be nice to have more choices, only time and competation will tell if the new thing becomes more than the "thing of the week", just like all the other new introductions.

That and once we see a picture of it, anyone want to bet how long it's going to take before the "It's just another doorstop wedge" post hits?

Funny how we grovel for new WGT bodies, but despite all the offerings in 12th, there are only 3-4 that actually get run competatively (and even that is pretty motor class specific!). I think that the body guys have figured that out, and don't want to fall into the same trap with WGT bodies. In this economy, no one can afford to keep dead stock on the shelves.

Tekin & Sweep, thanks for all that you do for you know who!

Associated/T.O.P./Mugen/Fantom/Spektrum/Savox
Buckaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 12:18 AM   #532
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckaroo View Post
Stateside (and commonly available) we have:
  • Parma-PSE for the DB9
  • Pro-Line/ProtoForm for the Sophia
  • McAllister for the Ferrari 599

All are good bodies and can be highly competative. Just like the chassis/motor/esc/battery/etc.....it's the singer, not the song.

In a world of purpose made bodies for a relatively small class driven relatively infrequently, it doesn't make sense for any manufacturer to make more than one highly refined body....why compete with yourself with so little market share and finite resources?

NONE of the current bodies enjoys more than occasional dominance, and no one really pays any attention to it unless it's one of the big carpet races.

While it will be nice to have more choices, only time and competation will tell if the new thing becomes more than the "thing of the week", just like all the other new introductions.

That and once we see a picture of it, anyone want to bet how long it's going to take before the "It's just another doorstop wedge" post hits?

Funny how we grovel for new WGT bodies, but despite all the offerings in 12th, there are only 3-4 that actually get run competatively (and even that is pretty motor class specific!). I think that the body guys have figured that out, and don't want to fall into the same trap with WGT bodies. In this economy, no one can afford to keep dead stock on the shelves.
Well put!
Josh-n-ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2011, 01:00 AM   #533
Tech Elite

Everyone always goes to best handling body.I've been doing this for a long time.We've got three bodies presently and the most popular body is the Sophie GT down here.Afew try the other bodies and end up going back to the SophieGT.
1/12th scale is what I started with.The body and there were many was the TOJ for years. When 1/10th came out it was the TOJ. TC it's the Mazada 6.You want a realistic body or a body that handles? Look at oval -they used to cut the backs out to make it handle and those Big wings. Slot cars have big wings on the back to make then handle. Not one of them are realistic but they handle. You have few choices but some companies make them to be more realistic but the handling suffers. You can't have both.
Maybe when things get turned around we'll get more bodies for this class and others?
WGT-R, GT-12 Racing USA (21.5 ), Formula 1 and Home Track is 386 RaceWay,ROAR #7540.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #534
Tech Master

Subaru launch a new car.
The BRZ.
It's a front engined rear wheel drive GT style car (ok only has 2000cc boxer motor).
It is set to be used to Japan GT.
Wonder if a version will make it in to our racing?
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:25 PM   #535
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The HPI McClaren LM works well on the WGT.
Old 12-05-2011, 03:17 PM   #536
Tech Elite

Update- there is a body for WGT in the Works............
Old 12-05-2011, 03:24 PM   #537
Tech Elite

And what body might that be??
Just a small hint?

regards Roy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullFrog View Post
Update- there is a body for WGT in the Works............
Old 12-05-2011, 09:23 PM   #538
Tech Elite

Well the new body being made is 200mm for the states. Nothing for Europe (235mm).the picture with the guy adding weight over there is funny. Since mine over here in the states is the heaviest car around and there is nothing I can do to lighten the car.No I'm not drilling holes in the Chassis.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:07 AM   #539
Tech Elite

We do drive the 200MM WGT cars here.
I believe 1S 10.5 and 2S 17.5.
They also run against the 235 cars in the summer with 2S 10.5.
On small tech tracks they have the advantage of the narrower trackwide

regards Roy
Old 12-06-2011, 12:39 AM   #540
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

With the advent of the new Daytona Prototype rules, maybe anew rule set needs to be adopted for the 200mm pancar class. Look at the new Chevy Corvette Daytona prototype for the potential new rules.........

http://www.daytonainternationalspeed...ouncement.aspx
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote