R/C Tech Forums

Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 09-08-2009, 04:52 AM   #376
Tech Master
 
2wdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 1,316
Default

Probably going to run 200 mm pancar with a 2s 13.5t indoors. I am orientating for some possible bodies. I read the whole thread and it seems the corvette c6 is the body to have as a good alround downforce race body?

What about the Protoform TCC Clear Body for Oval and 200mm Sedan Chassis? It says for oval but also for 200mm sedan? is it squished at the left side like the oval bodies are or is it symetrical. Anyone tried it yet?

edit:
I know it is not a gt body but still wondering
2wdrive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 10:36 AM   #377
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 173
Default

Has anyone had any luck with the supra bodies? I picked up the older HPI supra and am waiting to try it out. I dont know if it is legal or not though, doesn't it have to just be a front engine rwd that is actually raced?
Tulsa TC3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:41 AM   #378
Tech Initiate
 
Miles1591's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 28
Default

What do you guys think of parmas DB9?
__________________
BMI DB10RR~Tekin RS~Fantom DUO 2~Fantom 5000 40c 1s lipo~Futaba 9650
Miles1591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 07:47 AM   #379
Tech Master
 
~McSmooth~'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 1,082
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles1591 View Post
What do you guys think of parmas DB9?
I personally love the body. The paint job in the ads don't do it any justice. But some people are going to trash it because it doesn't look real enough for their liking.

I saw the first run of the body, and it was a very nice replica. However, when it was put on the track, it pushed like a dump truck.

So then you have 2 choices:

1. Leave it alone, and nobody will like it because it doesn't handle.
2. Drop the nose to gain steering, and nobody will like it because it isn't "realistic" enough.

I'm glad that Parma chose to drop the nose. If you want a shelf queen body, HPI and Tamiya have plenty to offer.
__________________
DeSoto Racing * Franchise * Pro-One * Team Scream * Power Push * Team Ass

Badly influencing a new generation of racers!
~McSmooth~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:31 AM   #380
Tech Initiate
 
Miles1591's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~McSmooth~ View Post
I personally love the body. The paint job in the ads don't do it any justice. But some people are going to trash it because it doesn't look real enough for their liking.

I saw the first run of the body, and it was a very nice replica. However, when it was put on the track, it pushed like a dump truck.

So then you have 2 choices:

1. Leave it alone, and nobody will like it because it doesn't handle.
2. Drop the nose to gain steering, and nobody will like it because it isn't "realistic" enough.

I'm glad that Parma chose to drop the nose. If you want a shelf queen body, HPI and Tamiya have plenty to offer.
Yea i love the look of it with the nose dropped down even though it doesn't look like an actual DB9 its still something different compared to what everyone else is running
__________________
BMI DB10RR~Tekin RS~Fantom DUO 2~Fantom 5000 40c 1s lipo~Futaba 9650
Miles1591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:03 AM   #381
Tech Master
 
NiMo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Luton, England
Posts: 1,704
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miles1591 View Post
What do you guys think of parmas DB9?
A total insult to a British car.
how would you like the nose squashed on a Corvette?
NiMo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:07 AM   #382
Tech Initiate
 
Miles1591's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo View Post
A total insult to a British car.
how would you like the nose squashed on a Corvette?
I would consider the nose on the corvette to be already squashed down
__________________
BMI DB10RR~Tekin RS~Fantom DUO 2~Fantom 5000 40c 1s lipo~Futaba 9650
Miles1591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 10:10 AM   #383
Tech Elite
 
CypressMidWest's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Central Ohio
Posts: 4,618
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo View Post
A total insult to a British car.
how would you like the nose squashed on a Corvette?
Harsh!!

I think for a body that actually performs well, it's a decent representation. Plus it looks flat-out awesome.
__________________
Team CRC, PowerPush, Access Race Place, US Indoor Champs, CD SUPERPRO, RK Designs, TxDSkingraphix, Cypress, Founder and lead instructor of the Ian Ruggles Negative Reinforcement Driver Training Program, enroll now.....
CypressMidWest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 11:23 AM   #384
Tech Master
 
timmay70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,701
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiMo View Post
A total insult to a British car.
how would you like the nose squashed on a Corvette?
Go cry a river. While you proud stuffed-up types critique your static plastics, and how the hood ornament doesn't quite match the one on the production 1:1, the rest of us will be racing performance tuned shells. As was stated, if you don't like it, perhaps you should stick to TCS, or knitting...

Anytime a chassis is adapted for racing, people will always tweak different aspects of the car for performance... even if it is just taping off the grille, the car has still been altered from it's production state.
__________________
Speed Merchant Rev7, Tekin, TQ Racing (wire), Team Tamale
RC Excitement - Buy where you race, support your local tracks.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:17 PM   #385
Tech Elite
 
odpurple's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 2,192
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay70 View Post
Go cry a river. While you proud stuffed-up types critique your static plastics, and how the hood ornament doesn't quite match the one on the production 1:1, the rest of us will be racing performance tuned shells. As was stated, if you don't like it, perhaps you should stick to TCS, or knitting...

Anytime a chassis is adapted for racing, people will always tweak different aspects of the car for performance... even if it is just taping off the grille, the car has still been altered from it's production state.
Please tell us how you really feel

(BTW +1)
odpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:20 PM   #386
Tech Master
 
timmay70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,701
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Crass, yup. I giggled like a school girl while typing that one. Let's see how many people thought I was upset when I typed that one.
__________________
Speed Merchant Rev7, Tekin, TQ Racing (wire), Team Tamale
RC Excitement - Buy where you race, support your local tracks.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 08:31 PM   #387
Tech Initiate
 
Miles1591's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay70 View Post
Crass, yup. I giggled like a school girl while typing that one. Let's see how many people thought I was upset when I typed that one.
I thought you were pissed
__________________
BMI DB10RR~Tekin RS~Fantom DUO 2~Fantom 5000 40c 1s lipo~Futaba 9650
Miles1591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:39 AM   #388
Tech Master
 
timmay70's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Posts: 1,701
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

That is the verbiage that I was originally going to use in that post. Only I didn't want any of our friends from the UK to think I was drunk. If I were, it would have probably been much better...
__________________
Speed Merchant Rev7, Tekin, TQ Racing (wire), Team Tamale
RC Excitement - Buy where you race, support your local tracks.
ROAR #105242
timmay70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 06:58 AM   #389
Tech Initiate
 
Miles1591's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 28
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by timmay70 View Post
That is the verbiage that I was originally going to use in that post. Only I didn't want any of our friends from the UK to think I was drunk. If I were, it would have probably been much better...
Haha nice but i think the real aston martin company shoould try a design like the parma db9 it kind of reminds me of a ferrari f40......does anyone make a ferrari f40 200mm body!
__________________
BMI DB10RR~Tekin RS~Fantom DUO 2~Fantom 5000 40c 1s lipo~Futaba 9650
Miles1591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:56 AM   #390
V12
Tech Elite
 
V12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2001
Posts: 2,641
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

I think one Japanese brand had a F40 I just donīt remember if it was Team Atlas or someone different. But I still have a F50 from Hotbodies here. They had some very cool bodies in the beginning but that is long away.
V12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
World GT Club Racing - To spec or not to spec is the question???? Mr. McGoo Electric On-Road 722 11-01-2014 07:05 AM
Parma DB-9 WGT body chicky03 Electric On-Road 89 11-28-2012 05:36 AM
U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing squarehead Electric On-Road 14187 03-21-2012 02:43 PM



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. It is currently 12:20 AM.


We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Powered By: vBulletin v3.9.2.1
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Advertise Content © 2001-2011 RCTech.net